Weight Gainer Rookie

JuveCalcio

JuveCalcio

Awards
Hey so I was looking into weight gainers and I have no clue where to really begin. I don't have a really big budget so I can't be spending that much on stuff. I was trying to look into stuff with good price per servings except I have no idea if those products are even that great. Anyone help me out? I don't really care much about the taste either if that was singling out anything.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I would get a bag of steel cut oats, blend them in with some whole milk, muscle milk powder and bananas.

The best calories your gonna get are from food, so blend up your food lol.

Alot of weightgainers on the market have very high sugar, and it won't be quality weight you add on. Just my 02

JuveCalcio

JuveCalcio

Awards
Yeah that does sound like a better way. I've seen some people at the gym talking about weight gainers and figured I'd look em up a bit.

45andalive

Awards
Hey so I was looking into weight gainers and I have no clue where to really begin. I don't have a really big budget so I can't be spending that much on stuff. I was trying to look into stuff with good price per servings except I have no idea if those products are even that great. Anyone help me out? I don't really care much about the taste either if that was singling out anything.
I agree with renegaderows. If you want mass you need to eat...alot. But, I also use IDS Wazimaize. I started awhile ago and like my results...id do your own research but look into it.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Make your own.

2 Scoops protein
2 Cups Captain Crunch Peanut Butter
1 Tbsp Natural PB
2 Cups Milk
Ice

Thats my favorite shake I make now. You can do oatmeal, whatever you want!

JuveCalcio

JuveCalcio

Awards
I decided to just skip out on the weight gainer and continue to make shakes. I normally do make something similiar to what everyone is suggesting except I never realized how many calories are actually in it.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I decided to just skip out on the weight gainer and continue to make shakes. I normally do make something similiar to what everyone is suggesting except I never realized how many calories are actually in it.
Smart move man :)

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
make your own like these guys suggested. cheaper and you can control what you put in them.

but...

if i were to buy one cytogainer chocolate malt is so fckign delicious.

fitcopforlife

fitcopforlife

Awards
  • Established
make your own like these guys suggested. cheaper and you can control what you put in them.

but...

if i were to buy one cytogainer chocolate malt is so fckign delicious.
Either way just make sure your getting your meals in as well, weightgainer shakes may add to your calories but aren't beneficial as whole foods. Food intake for muscle mass is crucial.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
16oz water
2 whole eggs (brown; cage free/veggie fed)
3 handfuls of blueberries
2sc postal
2sc lipotropic vanilla
60g oats
handful of spinach

...Best mass-shake ever.