Initiating Weight gainer + Protein Supplement – Advice on routine needed

kazzak

Awards
Hi guys,

Iam 28 years old, weight 57kgs and 5.8 (feet.inches) (snap attached)

I started with cutting down (fat) using the minimum rest (between sets) high intensity twice-a-week-body-part routine.

Then I started doing HEAVY weight low reps ONCE-a-week-body-part routine which gained me some size.
My diet was all yogurt, oats, brown rice, egg whites, chicken and banana…started adding some good fats later on.

In my early stage of cutting down, my weight went down to 53, then with my mass training it went up-to 57.

The problem is that it’s stuck on 57kgs with not much size gain since 2 months, even though I have increased my weights and lowered my sets and reps (all sort of hardgainer routine tricks) but didn’t get many changes out of it.

Finally i have decided to include bodybuilding supplements. I was suggested mix use and gradual dosage of WHEY PROTEIN and WEIGHT GAINER supplement.

I am currently doing this (without supplements) :
----------------------
-Each body part once a week
-3-4 exercises per body part
-2 heavy sets per exercise, 5-6reps
I do each workout within 40 minutes with less than 60seconds rest between sets so as to burn along since I don’t do cardio.
----------------------

Here is where I need your kind advice. I think I should double this workout when i start WHEY n GAINER because :

- I will recover faster.
- These supplements also give potential FAT and since I do the LOW REST TIME between sets, maybe I will burn that away. Because 2-3 days of rest will surely pot my belly.

So I am planning to do each body part twice but low volume each day so I don’t over train too. I will do 2 heavy sets per exercise, minimum rest to keep the heart rate up and burning, 30-40 minutes workout.

Please advise and comment.

Thanks.
Kaz

Attachments

Shane0Mac

Awards
personally i dont think you should try and double your workouts, instead try something like a 5x5 routine and a 3 day split so your body has enough time to recover. Make sure you are doing plenty of compound movements such as squats, deadlifts, benchpress, chinups etc

also post your actual diet here (how much of what) because it sounds like you arent getting enough calories or protein. you need to be aiming at consuming 1.5 grams of protein per lb of body weight, so aprox 200 grams for you.

kazzak

Awards
personally i dont think you should try and double your workouts, instead try something like a 5x5 routine and a 3 day split so your body has enough time to recover. Make sure you are doing plenty of compound movements such as squats, deadlifts, benchpress, chinups etc

also post your actual diet here (how much of what) because it sounds like you arent getting enough calories or protein. you need to be aiming at consuming 1.5 grams of protein per lb of body weight, so aprox 200 grams for you.

Thanks shane.

What i do now is a 3 day split that goes
monday chest
wednessday shoulder back
friday bicep tricep

i start each workout day with 3 sets of push-ups and chin-ups each mixed, as warmup to get the blood pumping.

My 5-6 meals per day add consist of 12 egg whites, 12 bananas, bowl of oats, brown rice, kidney beans often, 1/2kg yoghurt, chocolate bar of some sort, nuts and whatever healthy that appears around.

I was thinking of doubling my routine (6days) because i fear fat put on when i start gulping whey and gainer. I plan on spreading my workout volume from 3 to 6 days as in, so atleast i sweat and burn along 6 days instead of 3 while iam on supplements, hopefully to put on only the lean stuff using heavy weights.

What say?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
The protein and gainer won't help that much in increased recovery speed. I personally don't like the idea of gainers at all (unless you absolutely have to). I prefer to use whey protein, add oats and natural peanut butter (other things can do the trick too; what I'm getting at is get a surplus of calories from GOOD sources - not sugars and bad fats).

You need to increase total calories if you're not gaining weight. It's not your weight-training program that's stalling out, it's the diet. Eat more = grow more. Just do it from cleaner calorie sources and then you won't need to worry about fat gain (as much).

Also wouldn't worry about doubling workouts or anything like that - you do your growing outside of the gym, so don't sell yourself short on recovery time. Track your calories (increase by 250-500g per week until you notice you're slowly gaining).

Good luck, man.

kazzak

Awards
The protein and gainer won't help that much in increased recovery speed. I personally don't like the idea of gainers at all (unless you absolutely have to). I prefer to use whey protein, add oats and natural peanut butter (other things can do the trick too; what I'm getting at is get a surplus of calories from GOOD sources - not sugars and bad fats).

You need to increase total calories if you're not gaining weight. It's not your weight-training program that's stalling out, it's the diet. Eat more = grow more. Just do it from cleaner calorie sources and then you won't need to worry about fat gain (as much).

Also wouldn't worry about doubling workouts or anything like that - you do your growing outside of the gym, so don't sell yourself short on recovery time. Track your calories (increase by 250-500g per week until you notice you're slowly gaining).

Good luck, man.
thanks MidwestBeast

until now its been all food intake for me.... but i just have to look at gainers because increasing my food intake is not taking me anywhere....even my clean carbs, protein and good fats intake.

say what....iam picking a one month supplement quota....i will check the results and post it.

You are right about the recovery period. But since whey and gainers contain grams of recovery stuff too (glutamine n what not) i was thinking of doubling my frequency, but not the volume of my workout.

This really seems like something i will have to try for myself.
But do share your thots.

I will start from next week with the same routine (each body part once a week) If i see lean mass..i will continue ....cos i can always get cut later on.... but if i see immediate FAT...i will lower the dosage or increase my frequency.

Anyways i will be starting with 1 tablespoon of WHEY n GAINER each ;)

Shane0Mac

Awards
btw are you vegetarian? theres no meat in your diet, and if you are worried about gaining fat then drop the chocolate bar

kazzak

Awards
btw are you vegetarian? theres no meat in your diet, and if you are worried about gaining fat then drop the chocolate bar
roger...will drop that chocolate bar :p but its a real small one..black sugarless one :ponder:

i so consume fish chicken and meat ...but that supply is not constant due to the area and people i live with.

When i can...i put in a salmon can...chicken breast and lean meat.
Love milk too...but we get it fresh....needs to boiled...cream removed and then have it.

YES I STAY FAR FROM THE CITY :32: