Desiring the ideal sleep aid

afboy143

afboy143

Awards
Hey guys,
I have a question on a sleep aid. Last night I took a xanax and found out how wonderful it is to actually get a good night’s sleep. I got them through my doctor about a year ago when I had speech classes and they have just been sitting in my drawer. I took it because I felt exhausted and couldn’t get to sleep. I like it because it not only makes me go to sleep, but it KEEPS me asleep through the entire morning and leaves me to wake up refreshed and NOT GROGGY! Huge plus!

I have trouble sleeping many times. My brain races right before going to bed with all the tasks I need to get done (full time student and I work- plus regular gym member. Never a free moment). I am just a thinker in general. Usually I will listen to some soothing trance music to get my mind off thinking, but sometimes my body just won’t sleep. And usually when it does, Ill make up in the middle of the night to look at the clock or something dumb.

I’ve used:
Melatonin- helps me go to sleep, but no as much as I’d like. Still have to fight plus I wake up in the middle of the night
Benadryl- Def knocks me out, but I wake up super groggy and mad. I hate the world and feel medicine headed
Powerfull- this helps me…once I fall asleep. I get the most vivid dreams and deep sleep, but getting to sleep sometimes is the issue

I was thinking about trying Abyss or Lean Dreams. I want something that will knock me out, keep me asleep, allow me to dream DEEP, and wake up refreshed. Is there anything OTC that does this? I hate going to the doctor. Let me know

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would not take any of these products while on Xanax. Please talk to your doctor before you decide to do so. HGHpro is very good but I would not recommend it mixed with a benzo. Have you had a sleep study done?

noot

noot

Awards
  • Established
I have had pretty positive experience with Somnidren-Gh, really felt like there was improvement in the overall quality of the sleep.

afboy143

afboy143

Awards
does it knock you out? If I remember correctly that's pretty expensive stuff!

JoeHT

Awards
It sounds like you're suffering from anxiety. I suggest trying GABA. Later, if GABA doesn't work you could try Phenibut.

wedlund6

Awards
  • Established
I have had pretty positive experience with Somnidren-Gh, really felt like there was improvement in the overall quality of the sleep.
i had good luck with it too does not really knock you out but you sleep good and fell great in the morning it helps to cycle it i take it monday thru thursday then off on fri sat and sun

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In order, best at the top:

Somnidren
Nocturnabol (best melatonin formula, nice low dose of melatonin, high dose everything else)
Scivation knockout
REDuction PM (I rate it higher for sleep, but it doesn't knock me out)

UKStrength

For me, I've found LipoTrophin PM or IGF-2 by Applied Nutriceuticals to be the most beneficial for sleep. Throw in a nice cup of Dream Tea and I'm seriously knocked out for the night ;)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It sounds like you're suffering from anxiety. I suggest trying GABA. Later, if GABA doesn't work you could try Phenibut.
Phenibut sleep is horrible.

You could wait a few months for my sleep supplement to be released. :)

Dizmal

Dizmal

Awards
  • Established
I currently use Melatonin, Apple Cider Vinegar and Magnesium oil. I sleep like a babe and wake up rested and happy.

I've been using Mel to help me get sleepy, the ACV helps with GH release during the night(thread about it in the supplement articles forum) and the magnesium has helped with mood, quality of sleep. Deep sleep, vivid dreams and being well rested are basically an every night occurance now.

Although I just started using Mag Oil a few days before my cycle on the Trifecta stack(2 weeks totall). So it's hard to say if my mood has really changed due to just the mag oil or if it's the trifecta or a bit of both.

But, I will say I've been sleeping awesomely lately and being that all the supps I mentioned are "natural" and dirt cheap for a couple months worth. It doesn't hurt to try it out if you want to.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would not mess with GABA with a possible anxiety or depression problem can be a real problem. I really think OP needs a sleep study done and a good talk with a doctor about some of these supps.

stopstalking

stopstalking

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
primordial performance has there slumber stack, that plus a melatonin works wonders for me... plus the tea taste pretty good, even know i hate the smell

HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established
primordial performance has there slumber stack, that plus a melatonin works wonders for me... plus the tea taste pretty good, even know i hate the smell
Agreed, melatonin plus dream tea is the bomb, works great for me as I work night shift 7pm-7am.

afboy143

afboy143

Awards
look into Magnesium Taurate
Hmm Ive been reading on this and it looks interesting. What kind of dosing are you guys using? I've read some of the effect of magnesium deficency and it looks like I am experiencing some of them too! HMM

One thing I remember is getting amazing deep sleep on zinc but I woke up groggy. What's the effect on magnesium?

dropshot001

Awards
comatose by alri has gotten some good reviews online as well as trueprotein's sleep aid. i personally take zma+gaba before bed, but that is for quality of sleep, not to help me get to sleep.

UKStrength

Agreed, melatonin plus dream tea is the bomb, works great for me as I work night shift 7pm-7am.
The Slumber Stack is a hugely underrated product in our line, with sleep being invaluable for complete recovery I don't honestly know why more guys haven't tried it !

There's a great review here for anyone interested in finding out more:

afboy143

afboy143

Awards
Uk- any chance at a free sample of it? I'd be willing to write a review on it. I just don't see how a tea could really put me to sleep like I need to be

niCe99

niCe99

Awards
  • Established
Agree, I'm taking it before bed and I'm sleeping great!
It's honestly one of the best staple supplements that i have included recently. You actually feel a sense of relaxation upon taking it.

Hmm Ive been reading on this and it looks interesting. What kind of dosing are you guys using? I've read some of the effect of magnesium deficency and it looks like I am experiencing some of them too! HMM

One thing I remember is getting amazing deep sleep on zinc but I woke up groggy. What's the effect on magnesium?
I am taking 1 capsule which is 125mg elemental Mg and 250mg of Taurate. 1 capsule is all you need...well for me anyways. I feel relaxed when taking it and i sleep very nice. In other words, i get great sleep. 90 caps for $25...not a bad deal.

underthesun

Awards
Phenibut sleep horrible? no way man, not for me, I love it.

afboy143

afboy143

Awards
It's honestly one of the best staple supplements that i have included recently. You actually feel a sense of relaxation upon taking it.

I am taking 1 capsule which is 125mg elemental Mg and 250mg of Taurate. 1 capsule is all you need...well for me anyways. I feel relaxed when taking it and i sleep very nice. In other words, i get great sleep. 90 caps for $25...not a bad deal.
Thanks! I stopped by Vitamin Shoppe last night after work and they have a 180 count of Magnesium Taurate for $26. Being on the tight budget I’m on, I didn’t buy it because I was afraid it wouldn’t do anything for me. Upon reading the posts that have popped up, I may go take a second glance.

They also had Magnesium Citrate which was way cheaper. I didn’t buy it because no one mentioned this combo in this thread. Big difference between the two? I know Taurate is taurine which is what’s in Red Bulls 

edvanp

edvanp

Awards
  • Established
Thanks! I stopped by Vitamin Shoppe last night after work and they have a 180 count of Magnesium Taurate for $26. Being on the tight budget I’m on, I didn’t buy it because I was afraid it wouldn’t do anything for me. Upon reading the posts that have popped up, I may go take a second glance.

They also had Magnesium Citrate which was way cheaper. I didn’t buy it because no one mentioned this combo in this thread. Big difference between the two? I know Taurate is taurine which is what’s in Red Bulls 
Get the Mag/Taurate, you'll be happy you did. If you don't like it, PM me and I'll trade ya for something I have. I'm pretty sure you'll like it, it's the best form of Magnesium out there!

afboy143

afboy143

Awards
Okay- sounds good. I’m just curious, what makes the taurate so much better than citrate?

niCe99

niCe99

Awards
  • Established

theres a big thread on which forms of Magnesium is "best" and i feel the consensus came to that Magnesium Citrate is far inferior to other forms and if taken in excessive amounts, it will cause frequent bowel movements (ie you will **** your pants for a couple of hours)

Honestly, grab the Magnesium Taurate. 1 cap at 100 days or 2 caps at 50 days. you will NOT be disappointed. In fact, i just took 2 caps last night and slept 6 hours but feel like i slept a full 8-9 hours plus all my DOMs from my workout on Monday are completely gone from when they were about 70% yesterday.

May i ask which brand it was? just wanting to see the label

afboy143

afboy143

Awards
niCe99

niCe99

Awards
  • Established
Okay- sounds good. I’m just curious, what makes the taurate so much better than citrate?
Too be honest, this is all anecdotal experience from myself. Take it with a grain of salt though but i tend to say how it is.
- I sleep good and feel relaxed when taking magnesium Taurate
- I feel nothing but have insane stomach problems when taking magnesium citrate

I can quote some articles from AOR, the company of which i purchased the Mag Taurate from

The heart. In biological terms, it is the central organ that directly or indirectly sustains every biochemical life function known to man. In literal terms, even the word heart has become a euphemism for anything that is foremost and fundamental, and it is often seen as our emotional core. Needless to say, any problems with the heart are serious indeed.

Magnesium Taurate is a combination of the mineral magnesium and the amino acid taurine, and is designed to help ensure heart health. This is, however, not a simple admixture but rather a true chelate. This means that the magnesium and the taurine are combined in the form of a heterocyclic ring and are connected by coordinate bonds.
By supplementing with this unique amino-acid/essential mineral combination, the body's ability to avoid potentially debilitating deficiencies, stabilize cell membranes, and inhibit the over-excitability of the central nervous system is synergistically enhanced.

Magnesium
Magnesium (whose mineral table designation is Mg) is another mineral that is in startling short supply in modern society, and it is vital for heart health and maintaining low blood pressure. A 1977-78 study by the US Department of Agriculture found that the only 25% of people surveyed had a magnesium intake that was at or greater than RDA, meaning that 75% of the population was deficient. This is especially disturbing when one considers the fact that the RDA is based more on bureaucratic convention than scientific fact and it's amounts are almost always significantly lower than what scientific research suggests. The reasons for the deficiency are all too familiar: too much processed food, depleted soil minerals, and stress.

As an electrolyte, magnesium is a substance that dissociates in a solution to form ions. In the body, it helps to keep nerves and muscles active, regulate water levels, and maintain acid-base balance. More importantly, however, it helps maintain healthy blood pressure and minimizes the negative effects of heart ailments.

Too little magnesium directly affects your heart health, causing your blood pressure to elevate and dramatically raising your chances of a heart attack and/or stroke. Magnesium also helps the heart muscles work together and the nerves that initiate the heartbeat to maintain their regular function. Trials have shown that even those with frequent arrhythmia found a significant drop in the likelihood of abnormal rhythms after supplementing with magnesium and potassium for three weeks. Magnesium given by injection has also been shown to aid recovery from heart attack. Epidemiological studies even show that areas with 'hard' drinking water (water which is high in minerals including magnesium) have lower mortality rates from heart attacks.

Magnesium also has an important role in protecting the genome. It helps to stabilize DNA, since its positive charge balances the negative charge on DNA. It is also required as a cofactor by many of the enzymes that are involved in DNA repair. Furthermore, magnesium has been suggested to help protect against oxidative stress, a main cause of genetic damage, and against systemic inflammation, both of which can lead of cancer.
A study of 1139 patients with newly diagnosed lung cancer and 1210 healthy controls had their intake of dietary magnesium and their DNA repair capacity (DRC) assessed. After adjusting for potential confounding factors, the study found an inverse association between magnesium intake and the risk of lung cancer. This decreased risk ranged from 17 to 53%. DRC was also correlated with magnesium intake. Low dietary magnesium and suboptimal DRC were associated with a substantial increase in lung cancer risk. Therefore, magnesium's protective roles in maintaining the structure of the cell and genome may reduce the risk of cancer.

Taurine
The most abundant free amino acid to be found in the blood of all mammals, taurine is also concentrated within the heart where it regulates the beating.

An increasing volume of research is showing taurine's effects on the cardiovascular system -and some of the results are astounding. The importance of taurine has not always been a central point of interest for scientists, probably because it has always been considered a "non-essential" amino acid, meaning the body can synthesize it internally. However, more recent revelations about its importance have been so numerous that scientists have been moving to re-classify it as "conditionally essential". It is now known to stabilize membranes, lower blood pressure, and stabilize heart rate (antiarrhythmic). Repeatedly, taurine has been shown to minimize the damaging effects of congestive heart failure.

Taurine's benefits aren't limited to the cardiovascular system either. It's ability to stabilize membranes is bolstered by its antioxidant and antitoxin effects as well, since it protects the cellular membranes from toxic compounds such as oxidants, bile acids, and xenobiotics. These same protective effects help defend the heart from free radical damage as well.

A Cardiovascular Combo
Recent studies have revealed that magnesium and taurine share a number of interchangeable and potentiating roles in human physiology. Studies have demonstrated that magnesium plays an important role in the metabolic regulation of taurine levels. Concurrently, taurine can fulfill magnesium's biochemical functions in both overt and subclinical magnesium-deficient states. The four central areas where taurine and magnesium share common biological ground are: the ability to elicit overall improvements in cardiology, the potentiating effect on insulin sensitivity, the inhibitory effects on neuromuscular excitability, and the dependency on vitamin B6.

The anti-arrhythmic, cardioprotective, antihypertensive, and inotropic properties of taurine are remarkably similar to magnesium. Taurine modulates cytosolic heart calcium content and binding, thus influencing contractiveness. Both magnesium and taurine appear to act as physiologic calcium antagonists and thus may protect the heart against potential difficulties caused by an overload of cytosolic heart calcium levels. Taurine and magnesium also evoke direct effects on arterial vasoconstriction and both protect against the stresses which induce hypertension. Among these direct effects include the mutual ability to inhibit the central action of angiotensin II. Both taurine and magnesium may also share a number of antithrombotic effects.

Both taurine and magnesium enhance the actions of insulin without stimulating the release of insulin itself from the pancreas. They instead enhance insulin sensitivity via the stimulation of glycogenesis, glycolysis and oxygen utilization.

Both magnesium and taurine are relatively stable compounds that are both found in the central nervous system and in the peripheral tissue surrounding it. Both possess anticonvulsive capabilities, and the mechanisms of action that they both share for this capability includes their mutual effectiveness against the effects of hypoxia.

Taurine and magnesium each share a conspicuously dependent relationship with vitamin B6. Studies have repeatedly shown that seriously lowered vitamin B6 levels have a depletive effect on both magnesium and taurine pools. This mutual dependency on B6 is one of the indicators that scientists have used to examine the parallel relationship between taurine and magnesium.

Heart problems are rampant in North America and much of the world. Magnesium Taurate has the potential, backed up by extensive research, to help deal with heart problems and minimize the havoc they cause in people's bodies and lives. Don't let your heart go undernourished or unprotected. Let Magnesium Taurate help your heart regulate itself and bring you improved heart health.

References

McCarty MF. Magnesium taurate for the prevention and treatment of pre-eclampsia/eclampsia. Med Hypotheses. 1996 Oct;47(4):269-72.

Finckenbeg P, et al. Magnesium supplementation prevents angiotensin II-induced myocardial damage and CTGF overexpression. J Hypertens 2005 Feb;23(2):375-80.

Mahabir S, Wei Q, Barrera SL, Dong YQ, Etzel CJ, Spitz MR and Forman MR. Dietary magnesium and DNA repair capacity as risk factors for lung cancer. Carcinogenesis 2008;29(5):949-956.

McCarty MF. Complementary Vascular-Protective Actions of Magnesium and Taurine: A Rationale for Magnesium Taurate. Medical Hypotheses (1996) 46. 89-100.

Schaffer SW, Lombardini JB, Azuma J. Interaction between the actions of taurine and angiotensin II. Amino Acids. 2000;18(4):305-18.

Dietary magnesium and DNA repair capacity as risk factors for lung cancer.
Carcinogenesis 2008 29(5):949-956.
Mahabir S, Wei Q, Barrera SL, Dong YQ, Etzel CJ, Spitz MR and Forman MR.

Magnesium (Mg) is required for maintenance of genomic stability; however, data on the relationship between dietary Mg intake and lung cancer are lacking. In an ongoing lung cancer case-control study, we identified 1139 cases and 1210 matched healthy controls with data on both diet and DNA repair capacity (DRC). Dietary intake was assessed using a modified Block-NCI food frequency questionnaire and DRC was measured using the host-cell reactivation assay to assess repair in lymphocyte cultures. After adjustment for potential confounding factors including DRC, the odds ratios (ORs) and 95% confidence intervals (CIs) for lung cancer with increasing quartiles of dietary Mg intake were 1.0, 0.83 (0.66-1.05), 0.64 (0.50-0.83) and 0.47 (0.36-0.61), respectively, for all subjects (P-trend < 0.0001). Similar results were observed by histology and clinical stage of lung cancer. Low dietary Mg intake was associated with poorer DRC and increased risk of lung cancer. In joint effects analyses, compared with those with high dietary Mg intake and proficient DRC, the OR (95% CI) for lung cancer in the presence of both low dietary Mg and suboptimal DRC was 2.36 (1.83-3.04). Similar results were observed for men and women. The effects were more pronounced among older subjects (>60 years), current or heavier smokers, drinkers, those with a family history of cancer in first-degree relatives, small cell lung cancer and late-stage disease. These intriguing results need to be confirmed in prospective studies.

Complementary vascular-protective actions of magnesium and taurine: a rationale for magnesium taurate.
Med Hypotheses. 1996 Feb;46(2):89-100.
McCarty MF.

By a variety of mechanisms, magnesium functions both intracellularly and extracellularly to minimize the cytoplasmic free calcium level, [Ca2+]i. This may be the chief reason why correction of magnesium deficiency, or induction of hypermagnesemia by parenteral infusion, exerts antihypertensive, anti-atherosclerotic, anti-arrhythmic and antithrombotic effects. Although the amino acid taurine can increase systolic calcium transients in cardiac cells (and thus has positive inotropic activity), it has other actions which tend to reduce [Ca2+]i. Indeed, in animal or clinical studies, taurine lowers elevated blood pressure, retards cholesterol-induced atherogenesis, prevents arrhythmias and stabilizes platelets--effects parallel to those of magnesium. The complex magnesium taurate may thus have considerable potential as a vascular-protective nutritional supplement, and might also be administered parenterally, as an alternative to magnesium sulfate, in the treatment of acute myocardial infarction as well as of pre-eclampsia. The effects of magnesium taurate in diabetes deserve particular attention, since both magnesium and taurine may improve insulin sensitivity, and also may lessen risk for the micro- and macrovascular complications of diabetes.
http://www.aor.ca/html/products.php?id=152

niCe99

niCe99

Awards
  • Established
Ah- I forgot about the search feature lol

And yes- here it is
http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=CV-1206&sourceType=cs&source=FG&cm_mmc=Shopping Engines-_-googleproduct-_-Magnesium Taurate 125 MG - 180 Capsules - Magnesium-_-CV-1206&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=CV-1206

Now that I think of it, I remember people saying Super Pump 250 is really super dump BECAUSE of the high levels of magnesium in it. Boy did that stuff clean me out!!
If you are planning to buy online, i have a product that would suit you a bit better ($16.99 + s&h).

I tend to buy my stuff locally since shipping and such are killing me in Canada.

That is not to say that product is not good. just you are on a budget no?

EDIT:
wow i sound like a Magnesium Taurate salesman lol. Honestly, best supplement i bought since Vitamin D and Omega-3

afboy143

afboy143

Awards
If you are planning to buy online, i have a product that would suit you a bit better ($16.99 + s&h).

I tend to buy my stuff locally since shipping and such are killing me in Canada.

That is not to say that product is not good. just you are on a budget no?

EDIT:
wow i sound like a Magnesium Taurate salesman lol. Honestly, best supplement i bought since Vitamin D and Omega-3
PM me the link or post it here and I'll take a shot at it.

And vitamin D eh? Living in Florida I probably get a ton of that from the sun lol

niCe99

niCe99

Awards
  • Established
PM me the link or post it here and I'll take a shot at it.

And vitamin D eh? Living in Florida I probably get a ton of that from the sun lol
probably haha. i live in Canada so the sun only comes out during the summer months.

I'll post the link up a little later in the day. gotta find it

afboy143

afboy143

Awards
I skimmed through that article and it sounds pretty dang interesting! Sounds like magnesium taurate is a nice supplement when added with my fish oil heart wise. Seems to play a key role in helping the heart maintain it’s role. This magnesium taurate might be a good thing other than just a sleep aid since my family has a history of heart problems. Thanks!

Dizmal

Dizmal

Awards
  • Established
Look into the magnesium oil. It also helps raise levels of DHEA, I'm not certain the oral forms of Mag do this due to.

I wake up well rested with 7 hours of sleep. I'm in a good mood. I also spray it on soar spots such as chest after a workout or knees and it seriously relieves my pain.

Plenty of article on it out there for you to read. Someone posted it in the Supps Most Surprised By thread or something similar. Bought a bottle for $12 shipped off of amazon. It's definitely a staple for me now.

http://www.mikemahler.com/magnesium.html

Why take transdermal magnesium oil over oral magnesium?

One very important unique component of magnesium oil is that it increases DHEA levels big time and is an overall hormone optimizer. According to Dr Carolyn Dean, author of The Magnesium Miracle “as magnesium is absorbed through the skin and underlying fatty tissues of the body it sets off many chain reactions, one of which ends in the production of DHEA.”

DHEA is a critical hormone for stress management and balancing the actions of the stress hormone cortisol. DHEA also acts as a back up reserve for testosterone production. Depleted levels of DHEA adversely affect testosterone levels.

Oral forms of magnesium do not increase DHEA levels. I do not have to take Dr Dean’s word for it as I know for a fact that magnesium oil increases DHEA levels. Over a year ago I was telling my health practitioner friend Rosemary that my DHEA levels were on the low end of normal. I have tried DHEA supplements in the past and never received a significant increase in DHEA levels. Moreover, I was always reluctant to take exogenous forms of hormones as they inevitably shut down your own production. I rather maximize natural production wherever possible. Rosemary recommended that I give magnesium oil a shot as it successfully increased her DHEA level dramatically. After two months I had my saliva checked and my DHEA measured at 618.5 pg/ml (reference range 72-500 pg/ml)! Before the magnesium oil I was at 250 pg/ml so that is quite an increase.

The hormone optimizing benefits of magnesium oil are not the only benefits. According to Dr Dean, “when you are under serious physical and even emotional stress, your body may not be producing a sufficient stomach acid, which is required for digestion and for chemically changing magnesium into an absorbable form.” In other words, when you are stressed your ability to absorb and utilize oral forms of magnesium is compromised. Fortunately, magnesium lotion is applied topically and does not have to deal with the GI tract. The benefits of magnesium are numerous. However, you actually have to absorb the magnesium to derive maximum benefit (or for many any benefit) so why even bother chancing it with oral magnesium? Magnesium Oil is inexpensive and should be part of your health routine today.

Here is a link to the study that shows that magnesium oil ramps up DHEA levels: Transdermal Magnesium And DHEA

RAHHH

Awards
  • Established
so you want something that will "knock me out, keep me asleep, allow me to dream DEEP"
well what I use is deam tea from PP and/or kavakava from konakavafarm.com
somtimes Ill use both together.
I like the dream tea for every day use and the kava or dreamtea + kava for thows tuffer nights.

afboy143

afboy143

Awards
wow I havent used kava in forever!!! Which blend do you use exactly?

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
I just crossed over to pharmaceuticals because I have developed a ridiculous tolerance to supplements. Trazodone works well and don't feel groggy the next day. On the supplement side, Magnesium Taurate and 200-400mg of 5-htp should do the trick. If it doesn't you might need some heavy artillery. I skipped the trazodone last night and did this stack.

3mg time released melatonin
500mg tryptophan with niacin and B6
300mg magnesium taurate
100mg L-theanine
1,000mg Gaba

All this and it did nothing for my sleep! Only thing I really felt was the Magnesium relax me more. I would have been out cold till late morning years ago but my tolerance is ridiculous even with long breaks!

afboy143

afboy143

Awards
Dang Flaw- my sleeping isn't that bad. Holy crap souns like you have some very bad problems. How fast does tolerance usually build up on the mag-tauratE?

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
try sex

noot

noot

Awards
  • Established
that mixed with some whiskey usually does the trick, but I need some alternatives for when I can't !
Try masturbation...mixed with some whiskey.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Dang Flaw- my sleeping isn't that bad. Holy crap souns like you have some very bad problems. How fast does tolerance usually build up on the mag-tauratE?
Yea I do, maybe I should get it checked out? haha.. the doctors always wanna give me pills and the problem with a sleep study is I can't fall asleep! haha.

The mag-taurate only loses effect when magnesium stores have filled up so it really doesn't build tolerance per say. You can take it regularly or break when you think you don't feel it kick in for a few days.

HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established
Another thing, much more costly however, is to get your cortisol levels checked, some peoples cortisol release in upside down, causing major sleep issues, something to check into if you are getting into the ambien range of sleep meds or the greater than 3 masterbations to get you to sleep range. But personally I'd rather take some tylenol pm and try to jerk off as many times as I can before I pass out, just my style, all joking aside I tried dream tea plus 3mg melatonin and had great sleep and didn't wake up feeling groggy, winner winner chicken dinner.

RAHHH

Awards
  • Established
wow I havent used kava in forever!!! Which blend do you use exactly?
i use it from konakavafarm.com
i get this one since i really dislike the tase of the bulk powder i take this one like a pill i roll it into a ball and take like a pill.
this one:
84% KAVALACTONE PASTE: This powerful kava paste is one of our all-time favorites! It is root-only (no liver damage) C02 cold extraction technology, for an ultra-pure extract. One pea sized serving is enough for a relaxed and happy experience. There is a reason this is the National drink of Fiji; and with the liver damage reports proven false, you can indulge with confidence. The FDA recommends no more than 2 pea-sized amounts per day, or the equivalent of 2 capsules per day.

I use the dream tea on more of a daily use kind of thing.
kava somtimes more often then not atleast while on tren lol.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
I just started taking it. I like it a lot.

I've used this product before and it does the trick.

i had good luck with it too does not really knock you out but you sleep good and fell great in the morning it helps to cycle it i take it monday thru thursday then off on fri sat and sun
That's exactly how i'm taking Somnidren-GH...i've been sleeping like a baby

In order, best at the top:

Somnidren
Nocturnabol (best melatonin formula, nice low dose of melatonin, high dose everything else)
Scivation knockout
REDuction PM (I rate it higher for sleep, but it doesn't knock me out)
I've used all of these but REDuction PM so I can't comment on this. However, I think it'd throw Animal PM in this list...right underneath Somnidren.

jeffh3c

jeffh3c

Awards
  • Established
I am constantly changing my sleep schedule. Between that and my tendency to have real difficulty falling alseep already, I take Ambien/Zolpidiem. It works well but it is addictive in that when you stop, you will be tired as hell in the bed but cant fall asleep. Not sure about Xanax but I would watch that same effect with that. I have found that a more natural solution is to take 3mg melatonin chewed up (if you can) about 30-45 min before you go to bed. Combine this with some valerian root. Then take another melatonin if your still up after 45 min or so. This normally puts me to sleep pretty well without the negative effects of Ambien. I have talked with my doc and in real sleep emerg. i can take 10mg ambien plus 1 3mg melatonin. This will knock your arse out.

But if you want something you can use more often go with melatonin and valerian root. If this isnt working you may need to see doctor about your sleep issues.