WP Isolate versus Concentrate

Rock Lee

Awards
Are the only differences between the two (assuming that micro-filtration and not ion exchange is used so all growth factors are kept) that WPI has more protein on a gram per gram basis and contains less fat and carbs?

So if a person didn't care about the 1 or 2 grams of fat/carbs, would taking in (these are ficticious amounts of course) a 30 gram serving of WPC that yeilded 22 grams of protein be the same as taking in a 25 gram serving of WPI that yeilded 22 grams?

Am I missing something? If not then I don't see why anyone wouldn't just take in a few grams of extra WPC rather than paying much more for WPI (unless they're really concerned about those extra grams of fat and carbs).

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
There may be some small differences, but I'm with you. I can't justify paying nearly double unless it will make a noticable difference in my gains & physique. I also buy caseinate over micellar casein for the same reason, half the price. I know it probably makes a difference to elite pros, but I've used both & never noticed anything. I'll keep buying the concentrate/blend & save my money.