How do you take creatine?

How do you take creatine?

• Total voters

JoeHT

Awards
Just wondering what's the most common approach for taking creatine. Can you tell what creatine do you take, when and how much?

I take just regular Creatine Monohydrate, 5g PWO together with shake of Dex + Malto + Whey.

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
When I take it, I take 5 grams post workout!!!

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
I do 5G pre and 5G post, on off days only have 5G..

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I take it as a suppository.

wait, wat?!??!?! LMAO!!

j/k...don't take creatine, just wanted to make teh funnyz. :D

kmcart

Awards
I use the creapure from primordial performance, good pure creatine and its normally 5g pre workout

wedlund6

Awards
  • Established
i take 5g i the morning with my vit. and 5 g pre workout

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
pre and post on workout days, anytime on non-workout days

theshaman

theshaman

Awards
  • Established
Mix 5g (heaping scoop so maybe a bit more) post workout with 2g of Beta Alanine and 3g of Taurine. Mix mine with my favorite juice of the month...cran-pomegranate.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
Not much research that I know of is done on this topic, but the only one I know of compared pre and post versus any other time of the day combinging Creatine, Protein, and Carbs so it is difficult to isolate the creatine benefit pre and post. But if the combo worked in research as pre and post and it doesn't hurt to take it since I am taking it anyway, then it is worth trying.

Effects of Supplement Timing and Resistance Exercise on Skeletal Muscle Hypertrophy

Purpose: Some studies report greater muscle hypertrophy during resistance exercise (RE) training from supplement timing (i.e., the strategic consumption of protein and carbohydrate before and/or after each workout). However, no studies have examined whether this strategy provides greater muscle hypertrophy or strength development compared with supplementation at other times during the day. The purpose of this study was to examine the effects of supplement timing compared with supplementation in the hours not close to the workout on muscle-fiber hypertrophy, strength, and body composition during a 10-wk RE program.

Methods: In a single-blind, randomized protocol, resistance-trained males were matched for strength and placed into one of two groups; the PRE-POST group consumed a supplement (1 g·kg-1 body weight) containing protein/creatine/glucose immediately before and after RE. The MOR-EVE group consumed the same dose of the same supplement in the morning and late evening. All assessments were completed the week before and after 10 wk of structured, supervised RE training. Assessments included strength (1RM, three exercises), body composition (DEXA), and vastus lateralis muscle biopsies for determination of muscle fiber type (I, IIa, IIx), cross-sectional area (CSA), contractile protein, creatine (Cr), and glycogen content.

Results: PRE-POST demonstrated a greater (P < 0.05) increase in lean body mass and 1RM strength in two of three assessments. The changes in body composition were supported by a greater (P < 0.05) increase in CSA of the type II fibers and contractile protein content. PRE-POST supplementation also resulted in higher muscle Cr and glycogen values after the training program (P < 0.05).

Conclusion: Supplement timing represents a simple but effective strategy that enhances the adaptations desired from RE-training.

bosompincher

Banned
Awards
Pre Workout workout days
early as possible non workout days

How much I take depends on what form I'm using..

CM up to 10gms X 2
CEE up to 10gms X 1

I usually take mine in sme rockstar/monster energy drink or water downed cordial.

BP

phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
im bout to start my cycle today. think ima either do 10g pre or 5g pre and 5g post. should we ever jump to to 10g at once? i heard our bodies absorb 5gs a day