Supplements to take Before going to Bed?!??

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Other than ZMA, what are some of the best supplements to take before going to bed?

Mick81

Mick81

Awards
I'd have to go with good old casein protein first, which should be a staple for everyone.

AN's HGHup second for good nites sleep. Better than ZMA imo

bosompincher

Banned
Awards
Of course ZMA that's a staple...besides that...hmmm

1)GABA ,when need rapid recovery
2)Tongkat Ali & Horny Goat Weed , help in the love sack
3)Protein , 2 feed them guns while snoozn
4)Phenibut , if need sleep aid w/gaba

BP

The_Reverend

The_Reverend

Awards
  • Established
Forget ZMA....try ZMK and stack that with Somnidren. Incredible.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
i used to take a slow release blend of proteins but got fed up with getting up and going to the toilet .i began to worry because i thought it might be prostate issues .I decided to stop and now get up once as opposed to several times.
Whilest the "manual" says have a slow release protein drink before bed , it doesnt suit everyone .I now have a salad consisting of lettuce, beetroot, cucumber, pork and egg slices and bits of precooked chicken breast with cottage cheese and a slice of oat bread with peanut butter.Not only am i getting protein , im also getting vitamins and minerals, fiber , good fats-monosaturated and slow release carbohydrate Its certainlly filling and not particularly high in calories.

JoeHT

Awards
My sleep stack:

ZMA (std. dosage - 3 pills)
GABA (3 g)
L-Theanine Suntheanine (400 mg)

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Doesn't protein interfere with the supplements? Shouldn't they be taken on an empty stomach

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
I'd have to go with good old casein protein first, which should be a staple for everyone.

AN's HGHup second for good nites sleep. Better than ZMA imo
its also about 30 bucks more expensive, ZMA does the job for me, puts me to sleep, restores my zinc count, and cheap

Doesn't protein interfere with the supplements? Shouldn't they be taken on an empty stomach
not sure with all other supplements but the zma doesnt need to be taken with calcium so you will need to take it about 30 minutes prior to a casein shake..

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
HGHPro and powerFULL have both helped me used pre-bed. I'm itching to try the GHenerate and I-GH1

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Has anyone heard anything about or tried TestoRx?

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Has anyone heard anything about or tried TestoRx?
Look more like a test booster than anything you would take before bed. It looks like they throw a little bit of everything in that wow.

The Inside Scoop:
· Increase Testosterone Levels
· Increase Strength & Lean Body Mass
· Boost Energy & Recovery
· Increase Sex Drive

Ingredient Details:
Zinc(as Monomethionine/aspartate)30mg
Magnesium(as Aspartate) 450mg
B-6(as Pyridoxine HCL)10.5mg
Copper(as Copper Citrate) 2.5mg
Androgenic-Anabolic Testosterone Proprietary Matrix 1427.5mg
Bulgarian Tribulus Extract(Tribulus Terrestris)(40% Furastanol Saponins) Testofen™ Fenugreek Extract(as 50% Fenuside)
ZMA®
Tongkat Ali Extract(Eurycoma Longifolia Jack)20:1
Velvet Bean Extract(Mucuna Pruriens)(10% L-Dopa)
Muria Puama Extract(Ptychopetalum Olacoides)4:1
Damiana Extract(Turnera Diffusa)4:1
Epimedium(Epimedium Sagittatum)(10% Icariins)
DHEA(Dehydroepiandrosterone)
Anti-Aromatase/Estrogen Inhibitor Complex 320mg
Chrysin(5,7-Dihydroxyflavone)
DIM(Diindolyl Methane)
Daidzein
Bio-Enhancer Blend 3.5mg
Bioperine®standardized Extract(95% Piperine)
Cayenne(Capsicum Annuum)
TestoRx Other Ingredients
Cellulose (Vegetarian Capsule), Silicon Dioxide, Stearic Acid

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
HGHPro and powerFULL have both helped me used pre-bed. I'm itching to try the GHenerate and I-GH1
I have lots of issues sleeping as I take a few meds from my Doc. ZMA, PowerFULL, NOW testojack, all improve quality of rest & recovery. I found GHererate & I-GH1 on sale for 30 bux for both so I got them. For the past 2 nights getting to sleep have been impossible and I only reason why I got them in the first place is because everyone says how good of sleep they get on it.

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do any supplement increase the vividness of a dream or give you lucid dreams?

noot

noot

Awards
  • Established
Somnidren-Gh :sleeping:

MrDeadlift

Awards
I currently take Neuro Unwind R4 from Neuro Research Group. 2 pills before bed on an empty stomach.

GABA (Gamma-aminobutyric acid)
L-Glutamine
Mucuna Pruriens (%42 L-Dopa)
Inositol
Phosphatidylcholine (PC)
DL-Phenylalanine (DLPA)
Phosphatidylserine (PS)
S-adenosyl-L-methionine (SAMe)
L-Theanine
5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP)
B3- Niacinamide
B6 - Pyridoxine

UKStrength

Look more like a test booster than anything you would take before bed. It looks like they throw a little bit of everything in that wow.

The Inside Scoop:
· Increase Testosterone Levels
· Increase Strength & Lean Body Mass
· Boost Energy & Recovery
· Increase Sex Drive

Ingredient Details:
Zinc(as Monomethionine/aspartate)30mg
Magnesium(as Aspartate) 450mg
B-6(as Pyridoxine HCL)10.5mg
Copper(as Copper Citrate) 2.5mg
Androgenic-Anabolic Testosterone Proprietary Matrix 1427.5mg
Bulgarian Tribulus Extract(Tribulus Terrestris)(40% Furastanol Saponins) Testofen™ Fenugreek Extract(as 50% Fenuside)
ZMA®
Tongkat Ali Extract(Eurycoma Longifolia Jack)20:1
Velvet Bean Extract(Mucuna Pruriens)(10% L-Dopa)
Muria Puama Extract(Ptychopetalum Olacoides)4:1
Damiana Extract(Turnera Diffusa)4:1
Epimedium(Epimedium Sagittatum)(10% Icariins)
DHEA(Dehydroepiandrosterone)
Anti-Aromatase/Estrogen Inhibitor Complex 320mg
Chrysin(5,7-Dihydroxyflavone)
DIM(Diindolyl Methane)
Daidzein
Bio-Enhancer Blend 3.5mg
Bioperine®standardized Extract(95% Piperine)
Cayenne(Capsicum Annuum)
TestoRx Other Ingredients
Cellulose (Vegetarian Capsule), Silicon Dioxide, Stearic Acid
That looks crazy! Not sure about using it as a continuous supplement though as it features DHEA.

catty66

catty66

Awards
MP Bullet Proof. Knocks me out in five minutes. PP Dream Tea works good,also.

RAHHH

Awards
  • Established
What I think some of the best supplements to take before going to bed are:
dream tea
Magnesium or ZMA
Gaba
Protein drink and/or IBCAA's
Kava Kava. (konakava)
Need2Sleep

I really like taking the dream tea and kavakava on hard to sleep nights.

edwitt

edwitt

Awards
  • Established
I have lots of issues sleeping as I take a few meds from my Doc. ZMA, PowerFULL, NOW testojack, all improve quality of rest & recovery. I found GHererate & I-GH1 on sale for 30 bux for both so I got them. For the past 2 nights getting to sleep have been impossible and I only reason why I got them in the first place is because everyone says how good of sleep they get on it.
That stack has worked wonders for me I can honestly say I've used my doctor prescribed ambien less than a handful of times since running it. Id definitely stick with it for a bit longer, worked almost instantaneously for me

TheU

Awards
Do any supplement increase the vividness of a dream or give you lucid dreams?
Animal PM gave me some crazy dreams. but i had mixed results with it some nights i would be out and sleep well the whole night. other nights i was up all night not sure if it was me or the PM

zombiemuscle

zombiemuscle

Awards
  • Established
Anything with valerian will give you crazy dreams.

zombiemuscle

zombiemuscle

Awards
  • Established
I buy a tea with valerian root and it does give me some pretty real feeling dreams. Some are good, some are not so good.
Primordial Performance has as slumber stack tea containing valerian, skullcap, and more.

jrmuscle11

jrmuscle11

Awards
zma and melatonin nelp boost gh levels and a night of peaceful sleep

headend

Awards
I'm 3 cans deep on Animal PM and love it. I will say that the first two weeks I did have somewhat mixed results with the ability to fall asleep but that subsided as my body became adjusted to it i think. At this point I doubt I will ever stop taking it as long as it is available.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Any hints as to the active ingredients? :D I'm enjoying my Slumber Stack at the moment pre-bed with LipoTrophin PM by AppNut but new products are always welcome! :D
I actually have been meaning to try the slumber stack. I am a fan of chamomile tea, and I have a buddy who said he enjoyed the slumber stack for its ability to relax him into sleep. Currently I am taking IGF-2 from AppNut, I should add the slumber stack to it :D

BTW, There was a decent review thread about the slumber stack not to long ago: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/155711-jbry-gets-some.html

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
When I'm cutting, I eat my girlfriend before bedtime. If I'm bulking, I drink some Syntha 6 and then eat my girlfriend. I sleep like a baby :)

noot

noot

Awards
  • Established
I have to agree with this one, with Somni it's definitely lights out and solid sleep
Now if only the price at VitaminShoppe went a down a bit... :D

I would be pouring the stuff in mouth like my life dependent on it.

futrochem

futrochem

Awards
I take a really good sleep/recovery supp... but I am affiliated with the company not sure if I can post it on here without being an advertiser.

RAHHH

Awards
  • Established
some of the best supplements to take before going to bed are these:
Dream Tea (pp's)
Need2Sleep (for thows ruff nights)
1-2g GABA
casien protein 20g

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Perhaps OT but why is there such a prevalance for sleep disorders amongst us supposedly health conscience individuals? I share the same. I eat incredibly well and live a very clean balanced life yet quality sleep abates me as it does many bb'ers.

To answer the OP's question. Powerfull worked well for me but I've developed a tolerance and it is now much less effective.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Perhaps OT but why is there such a prevalance for sleep disorders amongst us supposedly health conscience individuals? I share the same. I eat incredibly well and live a very clean balanced life yet quality sleep abates me as it does many bb'ers.

To answer the OP's question. Powerfull worked well for me but I've developed a tolerance and it is now much less effective.
stress, late night workouts, weird sleep schedule, waking up with an alarm clock...maybe sleep issues. anyone use tryptophan? im about to order some bulk online, its supposed to be really good.

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
does anyone know of a good supp to take to increase lucid dreams and possibly make them clearer