The time has come to buy an insulin mimicker Suggestions?

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Okay I have read decent things about P-slin- and I could get a bottle for 14 bucks at nutra right now- very tempting
But I can also get a bottle of Anabolic Pump for only 25 from another place
Only thing is I have read mixed things bout it

SO I need some suggestions!

vudoo

Awards
I'd say PSlin because it's pretty cheap right now. I'd love to try Recompadrol though.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
x2 on the glycobol

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have heard good things on glycobol and im a big boy so I will probly have one with my morning meal which has like 58-60 carbs and one with my post workout meal which has like 90 carbs

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have heard good things on glycobol and im a big boy so I will probly have one with my morning meal which has like 58-60 carbs and one with my post workout meal which has like 90 carbs
That is what I do. although, I have used the recommended dosing, from my research over the years r-ala has worked very well for myself at 600 mgs per day. The study I saw there was no additional benefit in going over 600 mgs per day on R-ALA

NA-R-Ala is 10-30 more times powerful than r-ala so two capsules equal 500 mgs NA-R-ALA so that is my logic on the glycobol dosing. Of course, I have gone higher and had no challenges with it, in my opinion I do not think there is that much of a big of a benefit going over 500 mgs on the Na-r-ala.

although if I am taking in more carbs I may take more like in the off season. Generally I think two capsules work well and makes the bottle last two months or so.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
two capsules eh? for two months? thats a deal I cant wait for it to hit- thanks for the feed back John!

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Recompadrol has an interesting formula...I still have yet to try it, but I am definitely eager to give it a shot.

Glycobol is solid. I liked it

NeoVar is another choice and well it always gets the job done for me.

Anabolic Pump still should get some love because it does work pretty well.

P-Slin is another good choice, but better reserved for super high carb meals only.

Or my personal favorite...just roll with the pricier idea, but better value option...Bulk Banaba, Bulk Yellow Gold, Bulk Na-R-ALA Caps, and Gynema Sylvestre Caps (cheap). This option is my favorite because you have versatility with dosing and it was the most effective overall concotion I've used. The only drawback here is price like I said.

So I'll put it like this...if effectiveness is the main goal and price is not a problem for you...my last option is the way to go.

If price + effectiveness is something your going for...I would say Glycobol. Glycobol is pricey, but its effective and the formula is not cheap so you know its good stuff.

If you need to go for best value though...its easily NeoVar, plus its a great creatine product in addition.

Just thought I would offer some food for thought...

Cheers!:cheers:

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I suggest Glycobol...I dosed at 1:1 if my carb meals didnt exceed 50g. Worked great and bottle last forever. Im using P-slin at the moment and i cant complain neither even though for it to be effective fully u need to consume atleast 75g and at time i only consume no more than 48g of crabs in the morning and pre...still works and pumps and energy is great..Next month i will be taking both glycobol and p-slin. gb with my bfast and preworkout and p-slin for dinner if carbs is consumed or if i tend to cheat a little..

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anabolic Pump and Pslin have always been my favorites.. to determine which one to get, determine how big your carbs meals are.

jontrainer

Awards
recompadrol is working ok for me right now but I did much better with glycobol(watch out for the stinkies!).

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I also recommend Glycobol it worked pretty good for me at 2 caps a day I have tried
slin-sane which didn't do anything for me and I have also used Anabolic Pump but I still gained the most from the Glycobol.

vudoo

Awards
2 caps of Glycobol at the same time makes me poop water.

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Don't do 2 caps at at a time do 1 cap 15 to 20 minutes before a high complex carb and
protein meal and do this twice a day and again 1 cap at atime Glycobol is very strong and a lot of people can't handle 2 caps at once. I actually think AI should change their
label recommendations to 1 cap at a time.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So due to my work schedule I have to workout in the morning and I only take in about 250g of carb right now as Im at maint. cals so I was thinking this-

1 20 mins b4 breakfast- eat 2 servings oatmeal serving fruit and a protien shake (like 70 carbs right there) I wait an hour- take pre workout and hit the gym- in there for about an hour and a half then I eat my post which is

Serving waximaize- 30 g carb
Serving and a half of Anabolic OD- 30 g carb
Serving white rice- 35g carbs

Could I take my second dose of glycobol like 2.5-3.5 hours later 20 mins before postworkout meal?

I do have a meal an hour or so after my post which has like 45-55 g carbs and thats my last carb meal- glyco then?

Sorry for the lenghty description

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So due to my work schedule I have to workout in the morning and I only take in about 250g of carb right now as Im at maint. cals so I was thinking this-

1 20 mins b4 breakfast- eat 2 servings oatmeal serving fruit and a protien shake (like 70 carbs right there) I wait an hour- take pre workout and hit the gym- in there for about an hour and a half then I eat my post which is

Serving waximaize- 30 g carb
Serving and a half of Anabolic OD- 30 g carb
Serving white rice- 35g carbs

Could I take my second dose of glycobol like 2.5-3.5 hours later 20 mins before postworkout meal?

That is fine, I take mine 10 minutes before the meal and with the meal. Some people can tolerate taking it 30 -45 minutes before meals, not me, I get the low blood sugar effects, feeling faintly, like I was dizzy, about to pass out, felt horrible , my way around this is to take it closer to meals.

everyone is different though, that is just something I expirienced

I do have a meal an hour or so after my post which has like 45-55 g carbs and thats my last carb meal- glyco then?

you can, generally the higher the carbs the better with glycobol, I recommend 50 carbs or more with one glycobol

Sorry for the lenghty description
its a good question and I am glad you asked.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thanks john i may just up the carbs in that last meal to bout 70

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
my spot for gbol was 35 carbs per cap.

if gastro issues still occur, take it with meal. thatll help those problems.

however you wont get the full effect of berberine unless you wait the 30 minutes.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
okay I will take it 30 mins b4 each meal with carbies but if i start feelin hypo im eatin

SmashK

Awards
My vote is for Glycobol too. I've tried P-Slin and Anabolic PUMP.....Glycobol hands down is the first of all three to actually do what it claims to do. Solid product IMO.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Okay I have read decent things about P-slin- and I could get a bottle for 14 bucks at nutra right now- very tempting
But I can also get a bottle of Anabolic Pump for only 25 from another place
Only thing is I have read mixed things bout it

SO I need some suggestions!
I love when these threads seem to reproduce on their own - no sarcasm, although they are redundant, I believe GDAs hold a vital and intricate role in anyone's training and nutrition protocol.

Anyway, to the OP looking for a suggestion... since I have always been a fervent GDA advocate, and user, in my years of experience I have never encountered anything that can trump the combination of R-ALA from High power (bodybuilding.com's in-house brand) @ 400mg + Recompadrol @ 2 caps + NOW's Super Citrimax (or raw HCA from Lean Body Formulations; Recompadrol creator) @ 3-4g. Although this isn't entirely a purely focused Insulin Mimetic, it will partition calories with surgical precision to where you want, and need them.

However, if you're simply looking to dispose of excess blood sugar and mitigate some of the fat gain post prandial (read: stuffed crust pizza and cookie dough ice cream) I would advise you to (at least over the counter) seek out Glycobol + Slin Sane - UNMATCHED IN SYNERGY!

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So I just popped one of them bad boyz bout 15 minutes ago- I got a big ole yam waitin gunna go big mash on it-

Insulin shuttles nutrients to muscles correct?

So I do want to stay away from fats around the time of the glycobol dose correct?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I just popped one of them bad boyz bout 15 minutes ago- I got a big ole yam waitin gunna go big mash on it-

Insulin shuttles nutrients to muscles correct?

So I do want to stay away from fats around the time of the glycobol dose correct?
yes and yes. some fats are fine as long as they are not high. I usually do not go over 10 -15 grams with Glycobol. Again post workout is always a good time. I like pre workout as well.

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
recompadrol is the best not only speaking of efficacy but also price and the amount of servings when one cap is sufficient for 100 carbs 180 caps will go a long way

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
yes and yes. some fats are fine as long as they are not high. I usually do not go over 10 -15 grams with Glycobol. Again post workout is always a good time. I like pre workout as well.
This is an interesting post, because of the very diverse schools of thought that exist on both sides of the theoretical equation: Some believe insulin and nutrient uptake is optimized to near maximum physiologic levels in direct response to resistance training (rendering GDAs moot directly post workout, and opting in stead to use these types of supplements in conjunction with their post-post workout meal in order to prolong the descending favorable metabolic environment) - while some believe GDAs and various iterations of insulin mimetic compounds can augment the body's ability to absorb and force-feed muscle creatine and glucose into muscle fibers, creating a super-saturated condition equating to enhanced amino acid uptake and protein synthesis (increased rapidity of recovery).

I am interested in discussing this more, and hearing arguments from both sides of the aisle. Can the threshold for maximal glucose disposal or absorption be amplified over-and-above the usually encountered resistance stimulated onset of insulin secretion when paired with high-GI foods post workout?

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
i've been using recomapdrol and playing with glucose readings and this product is fantastic

and is a great formula

pslin didnt do jack for me

Glycobol was another solid product

AP gave me crazy ****s

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Theres not a more complete and better product IMO then Recompadrol. Stuff is serious. Im actualy running a tadddd low so ill be buying more here shortly.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
I agree, one of my glucose readings at 2 caps

Today i went the 2 cap route, much better results. I took 2 caps and started making breakfast

today I made 3 Pancakes out of batter and XF Cinnamon Roll protein ( awesome pancakes to make) I had 2 handfuls of blueberries a glass of OJ and an espresso

The initial reading before dosage breakfast and a 10 hr fast ( yes family is gone so I actually got some sleep) was 90 I think the 2 am glass of OJ was still around.

9 am I ate, cleaned house, did my homework. at 10:45 I took my reading about an hour and a half after eating and My reading was 78!