Forskolin up-regulates aromatase

pool_shark

pool_shark

Awards
That is also mentioned in the PP article. Really good to know.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Didnt read the study, but that's probably what made me emotional and bloated on it.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know it's an old thread but bump for cooper for thoughts

rphash49

Awards
Ok now I need a smart person to read the study and give it to me in laymen terms

Touey

Touey

Awards
BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
It appears that anything that increases cAMP increases aromatase activity.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Relevance to non-oncogenic cell lines? Nil. cAMP is a known second messenger in growth and potentiation of oncogenic cascades. It's similar to the study showing that arachidonic acid would make cancer worse...yes, it would, because certain cancers are associated with high ArA levels.

Further, a trial in women noted no change in estrogen levels

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Relevance to non-oncogenic cell lines? Nil. cAMP is a known second messenger in growth and potentiation of oncogenic cascades. It's similar to the study showing that arachidonic acid would make cancer worse...yes, it would, because certain cancers are associated with high ArA levels.

Further, a trial in women noted no change in estrogen levels
Wow next week came fast lol

Thabks

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Using transformed cell lines as a predictor as to what happens in normal can be dangerous. It also wasn't the purpose of their study. They were just trying to see if this cell line was viable or not. Forskolin was just used to figure out a potential mechanism. Whether ingestion of forskolin would achieve these concentrations in vivo and whether it would result in increased estradiol levels in normal tissues isn't known.

What is known that a study in healthy males (not cell lines) showed an increase in testosterone.

xhrr

Awards
Using transformed cell lines as a predictor as to what happens in normal can be dangerous. It also wasn't the purpose of their study. They were just trying to see if this cell line was viable or not. Forskolin was just used to figure out a potential mechanism. Whether ingestion of forskolin would achieve these concentrations in vivo and whether it would result in increased estradiol levels in normal tissues isn't known.

What is known that a study in healthy males (not cell lines) showed an increase in testosterone.
Weren't they overweight though? Not trying to argue it is far and away my favorite compound anecdotally. That could skew results slightly because as they lose weight and abdominal fat test would likely increase.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Weren't they overweight though? Not trying to argue it is far and away my favorite compound anecdotally. That could skew results slightly because as they lose weight and abdominal fat test would likely increase.
I posted a link to a study done in healthy males in another thread (it came out last month).

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
The mechanism of T elevation is through the testes and various enzymes

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
The mechanism of T elevation is through the testes and various enzymes
I think he was going for the "higher levels of adipose tissue (% BMI) are correlated with a propensity for higher individual's rates of estrogen as opposed to healthy BF ranges..." Not necessarily speaking in terms of natural test production.

I could be wrong though, he DID go full retard...

xhrr

Awards
I think he was going for the "higher levels of adipose tissue (% BMI) are correlated with a propensity for higher individual's rates of estrogen as opposed to healthy BF ranges..." Not necessarily speaking in terms of natural test production.

I could be wrong though, he DID go full retard...
Haha yes that is what I was alluding to all the while completely disregarding the MOA of forskolin. Guise, forgive me.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
not necessary
I dunno about that I went from 50 to 100 and I swear I got a knot behind my nipple. So I hav been usin erase at 3 a day. Helped very slightly. Also on prime nda and anabeta. So anabeta stopped today see what happens

But the knot is there

xhrr

Awards
I dunno about that I went from 50 to 100 and I swear I got a knot behind my nipple. So I hav been usin erase at 3 a day. Helped very slightly. Also on prime nda and anabeta. So anabeta stopped today see what happens

But the knot is there
At 100mg it aggravated my gyno
Wow I didn't know people were experiencing E related side effects, I never had a problem even at 100 mg. Could explain the anabolic effects it has on bone.

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
A AI may not be "necessary" so to speak but if I was taking anything like DAA or forskolin it can be beneficial to stack

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
A AI may not be "necessary" so to speak but if I was taking anything like DAA or forskolin it can be beneficial to stack
Alphamax uses 50mg 95% Forksolin but we pair it with 75mg Arimistane(among other things), so may be a good option especially if you stack with Forskolin-95 to get high forksolin doses.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alphamax uses 50mg 95% Forksolin but we pair it with 75mg Arimistane(among other things), so may be a good option especially if you stack with Forskolin-95 to get high forksolin doses.
What else is in it?

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good stuff.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can get down w that lol

But then the amount of forskolin will be at like 200-250 lmao. Let me wait on this

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Let me log it during my pct. In Nov

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards

But the knot is there
I think I may stay at 50mg now lol

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Wow I didn't know people were experiencing E related side effects, I never had a problem even at 100 mg. Could explain the anabolic effects it has on bone.
Generally speaking, anything that elevates T will elevate E in fashion. Now, that is NOT the same as forskolin directly upregulating aromatase

Reactions: mw1
BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
Generally speaking, anything that elevates T will elevate E in fashion. Now, that is NOT the same as forskolin directly upregulating aromatase
Are you saying that it does not upregulate aromatase?

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been on 100mg/day Forskolin-95 for two months

Had my bi-annual bloodwork last Tuesday and my estrogen was 32 ng/dl. 6 months ago, my estrogen was 34 ng/dl (no forskolin used here)

Both blood tests I was not taking any anti-estrogens or test boosters