Wanna Slap People ( Creatine )

10bathroomsO

10bathroomsO

Awards
  • Established
okay, so I was at the beach for a week and while I was down there I thought I would check out some of the nutrition stores while my girl shopped. I walked into a GNC, they had a blow out sale. So I was about to pick up about 200 servings of Creatine Mono for 10 bucks or so, the actualy lady that works there starts giving me advice ( after she had showed me where the deal was ) I said yeah " yeah this will work its 5 g per serving and I can add more grams if I want to you know as I go through it. " This lady looked at me like I was stupid she said " actually you shouldnt exceed 5 g of creatine, you really shouldnt even be taking that stuff, all of your gains will disapear when you stop taking it and your muscles will pretty much deflate. "
-----------
thats pretty much the whole conversation,
so guys will creatine mono in the long run deflate me, skin and bones ??
the lady kind of pissed me off
not only is she the worst salesman I have ever encountered, but she wasnt in shape and I doubt she " FULLY " knows what a good workout is, I mean 50 % of the whole store was creatine and creatine mono

all pissing and moaning aside

I didnt get the creatine mono I didnt say thank you I left the store....

Personally all aggrevation aside should I heide her warnings ?
I am prone to fat gain a little, not a really hard gainer, im floatin somewhere in the middle i would say.

I dont have issues with weight or strength i press through work outs just fine and plan on quitting anytime soon if ever, should I give up on creatine.... im thinking HELL NO. but if there is some alternatives I know im at the right place to be for my questions

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Honestly, sometimes when I get off creatine, I look at myself and I feel so stringy and look smaller than when I started... but I know I'm not smaller than when I started I just look it after my muscle cells go down to normal size.

This guy one time said to me, it's creatine, take it and never look back.. lol

10bathroomsO

10bathroomsO

Awards
  • Established
you should go off of creatine for atleast two weeks after consuming however much your doing for a stack on a cycle on or whatever, tolerances and kidney promblems is arguable by a huge majority of people. I go off for atleast 2 or 3 weeks after i do a long run with it, just to be safe, and if i do it right i usually get about 5 to 6 more pounds to my bench when i come back on it but is there a big looongg term problem with this stuff?

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I dont get off creatine.. There is no research that says cycling it will yield better results.

10bathroomsO

10bathroomsO

Awards
  • Established
nah I havent read it personally but all the older people that i look up to that took alot of supplements said i could probably hurt my kidneys if i go on it too long, im not sure if this is true but I can say that it is almost like rehab after i get through with a run, the only thing i stay on for the next 2 weeks till i start back is protein, but i kind of feel naked without it, i was going to buy in bulk creatine mono and run it for a really long time, is this a good idea?

HumpTheCook

HumpTheCook

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i ran creatine for about 4 years without taking a day off. the people that say its gonna hurt you are basing that on opinions from when creatine was still relatively new to the market and people didnt know as much about it as we do today... if you stop taking it are you going to lose all your gains? of course not assuming you dont stop working out and eating as well. what you will lose is the water retention the creatine causes... IMO the biggest benefit of creatine is the increse in recovery speed which will let you train longer and harder and this leading to gains in mass.

Blacktail

Blacktail

Awards
  • Established
you should go off of creatine for atleast two weeks after consuming however much your doing for a stack on a cycle on or whatever, tolerances and kidney promblems is arguable by a huge majority of people. I go off for atleast 2 or 3 weeks after i do a long run with it, just to be safe, and if i do it right i usually get about 5 to 6 more pounds to my bench when i come back on it but is there a big looongg term problem with this stuff?
lol I have taken it virtually every day since it has come out...which judging by your pic is longer than you have been alive haha. Its safe. Don't buy Chinese and its all good.

10bathroomsO

10bathroomsO

Awards
  • Established
lol I have taken it virtually every day since it has come out...which judging by your pic is longer than you have been alive haha. Its safe. Don't buy Chinese and its all good.
damn dude, everyday since it came out ? you must live in a gym, no offense. but yeah im only 20, I've been around bodybuilding my entire life, but you know everyone has different opinions, im not personally worried about loosing strength, because im positive im not going to loose too much strength on any of my lifts, 4 or 5 pounds is fine because 2 weeks of good diet and good lifts and i can pass that if im not lazy...... what i was more or less concerned about was physical apearance, unwanted body fat and what not.... i take lots of essential supps aminos proteins creatine vitamins flax seed fish oils proteins and aminos probably see the most advance use im more moderate on other ends

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Just drink plenty of water and you'll be fine. I've never noticed any difference in looks or strength coming off creatine. I used to come off it during a cycle until I realized it still helps with the gains on cycle. You dont ever need to come off creatine.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't get off on creatine. Not my bag, yo.

Wait, what? OH..ok... I don't take creatine. I'm a non-responder. I'll leave now. ;)

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Ive never come off of creatine. Even when "cycling" off of it. You know why???

CUZ I EAT RED MEAT!

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The lady obviously did not know what she was talking about and seems like she was participating in bro science

She said muscles will deflate?! Not possible if you continue to LIFT and EAT......What she was referring to was the WATER WEIGHT creatine will add- creatine adds h20 to your muscle cells helping them contract(while lifting) and keeping them hydrated (which is essential for growht) Go get some damn creatine- AND TAKE IT! Consume at least a gallon of water a day is what I do and the only time I do not take creatine is when I am running STEROIDS!

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Ha i dont cut out the creatine on cycle. I dont see the point of it. I cut out as much caffeine as possible, but thats about it.

And OP, I see you're still shopping at GNC. Tsk tsk tsk LOL

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ha i dont cut out the creatine on cycle. I dont see the point of it. I cut out as much caffeine as possible, but thats about it.

And OP, I see you're still shopping at GNC. Tsk tsk tsk LOL
GNC, very disappointing. :(

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dude I went in to buy creatine once and this lady was working the counter so she starts talking to me and she goes:

"yea my boyfriend loves creatine. This one mom came in and bought her 16 year old son creatine and I was like ohhhhhhh that's so sad she is already messin with his hormones"

Talk about people you wanna smack...

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dude I went in to buy creatine once and this lady was working the counter so she starts talking to me and she goes:

"yea my boyfriend loves creatine. This one mom came in and bought her 16 year old son creatine and I was like ohhhhhhh that's so sad she is already messin with his hormones"

Talk about people you wanna smack...
WOW! One of the reasons i do not shop at supplement shops and go online- so I dont have to deal with people who dont know wtf they are talking about

I guess eating red meat messes with your hormones since it has NATURALLY occouring creatine in it right???!!!?:grumpy:

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And southern I just ofund out from Gamer that creatin helps maximize gains on juice- I did not know that but i do now- creatine creatine down into my stomach

10ringaz

Awards
Creatine helps hydrate muscles so when you stop taking it you're going to lose some size, but that's retained water. Since creatine does retain water, it's that much more important that you drink sufficient amounts of water sine dehydration will most definitely affect. The correletation between water retention and creatine is what leads the naive to believe creatine causes kidney problems.

But seriously, you're taking advice from some random dweeb at a GNC? I have no doubt you know more about nutrition than most of the people working at GNC. If the price is right (and the expiration date hasn't expired) then go ahead and buy it. If a sales person approaches, put and index finger in each ear, and repeat: "La, La, La, La, La" until they go away.

10bathroomsO

10bathroomsO

Awards
  • Established
Creatine helps hydrate muscles so when you stop taking it you're going to lose some size, but that's retained water. Since creatine does retain water, it's that much more important that you drink sufficient amounts of water sine dehydration will most definitely affect. The correletation between water retention and creatine is what leads the naive to believe creatine causes kidney problems.

But seriously, you're taking advice from some random dweeb at a GNC? I have no doubt you know more about nutrition than most of the people working at GNC. If the price is right (and the expiration date hasn't expired) then go ahead and buy it. If a sales person approaches, put and index finger in each ear, and repeat: "La, La, La, La, La" until they go away.

Yeah ive taken alot of creatine over the past 2 years, i used to not believe in using supplements and going all natural but I used to only weigh like 140 cut up and couldnt gain weight also, even after coming down from being a chubby kid so I know im prone to fat gain.

The thing about me is I get aggrevated with people and just cant talk to them because I know i'll say offensive things and be a smart a$$. I dont use juice though I just get aggrevated really easy lately....

So I said screw the price and the hell with it and walked out in mid convo.

Kinda hurt me though, bc being where I live I only have GNC as an option for now and Im about to log Hyper Trop X by AMS, I gotta get some creatine mono somewhere before it ships in, Bc i want to do it justice you know

spetz

spetz

Awards
GNC is the same place where the dude tried to convince me that test boosters and prohormones were the same thing. If that doesn't scare you away then I dk what will.

P

pezdog1

Awards
I run creatine for 6 to 8 weeks then give myself 3 to for weeks off.

P

pezdog1

Awards
Is it true that creatine stays in your system for 3 or 4 weeks after you come off?

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
we always will have creatine in our system, we make it.. but you will have elevated levels of creatine that will taper down to baseline in a couple weeks yea