ALCAR-does it work for fat loss?

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.

ALCAR-does it work for fat loss?

Just wondering if anyone has had any success with ALCAR in terms of fat loss?
    How much did you take per day? I would rather take ALCAR than be on all kinds of "uppers".

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by pittguy578 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has had any success with ALCAR in terms of fat loss?
    How much did you take per day? I would rather take ALCAR than be on all kinds of "uppers".
    2-3g per day:

ALCAR helps shuttle free fatty acids into the mitochondria where they are burned off for energy. This is important because normally it is hard for the fatty acids to enter the mitochondria. This ultimately means more fat and less carbohydrates and protein, will be burned for energy in the mitochondria.
    SNS Online Representative
    Maxximal @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

Got Glycophase ...?

3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  260 lbs.

ALCAR may help with weight loss. The best benefit that people see is when they use 2-4 different analogs of Carnitine in addition to ALCAR. For example a combo of Acetyl-L-Carnitine, Carnitine-L-Tartrate, L-Carnitine, GPLC or Propionyl-L-Carnitine. This will emphasize the impact on fat loss, increase energy levels (anti-fatigue) by re-energizing your mitochondria. There are two great products for this that I trust: 1) Beverly International QUADRACARN (4 Carnitine Analogs) or 2) Neuro Research Neuro Awaken XT (3 Carnitine Analogs and other natural neurotransmitter precursors).

Some benefits have also been witnessed by adding other natural uppers (which have shown to reduce food cravings and increase mental and physical energy) to the mix including: GABA, DMAE, L-Dopa and L-Tyrosine. Personally, I take GABA and Mucuna Pruriens (15% to 40% L-Dopa) 30 minutes before bed on an empty stomach. Studies suggest that both can increase your HGH naturally at night promoting weight loss, they also help me sleep deeper.

Good Luck
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  223 lbs.

I've taken a $h!t load, and still can't say for sure whether it's effective or not. I do however love the mental energy I get from a few grams of ALCAR.

Studies have shown its effects. I'm sure as long as you provide an optimal environment with your diet and training, it will aid in fatloss, over a period of time.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDeadlift View Post
    ALCAR may help with weight loss. The best benefit that people see is when they use 2-4 different analogs of Carnitine in addition to ALCAR. For example a combo of Acetyl-L-Carnitine, Carnitine-L-Tartrate, L-Carnitine, GPLC or Propionyl-L-Carnitine. This will emphasize the impact on fat loss, increase energy levels (anti-fatigue) by re-energizing your mitochondria. There are two great products for this that I trust: 1) Beverly International QUADRACARN (4 Carnitine Analogs) or 2) Neuro Research Neuro Awaken XT (3 Carnitine Analogs and other natural neurotransmitter precursors).

Some benefits have also been witnessed by adding other natural uppers (which have shown to reduce food cravings and increase mental and physical energy) to the mix including: GABA, DMAE, L-Dopa and L-Tyrosine. Personally, I take GABA and Mucuna Pruriens (15% to 40% L-Dopa) 30 minutes before bed on an empty stomach. Studies suggest that both can increase your HGH naturally at night promoting weight loss, they also help me sleep deeper.

Good Luck

QUADRACARN is UNDERDOSED
    SNS Online Representative
    Maxximal @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

Got Glycophase ...?

6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MAxximal View Post
    QUADRACARN is UNDERDOSED
    Some one finaly critacised that supplement! Where is the research saying that a mixture of the carnitines brings out the best of each?
  7. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

But as someone was pointing out elsewhere...what's the common thread throughout all the analogues? Yup, carnitine. It's all carnitine, just like all the creatines are creatine. In both cases, something else is attached. Maybe lclt is more effective than l-carnitine, or maybe it's a marketing scam by the producers.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  0 lbs.

If taking over a gram or so a day of alcar, would be wise to add ala
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    But as someone was pointing out elsewhere...what's the common thread throughout all the analogues? Yup, carnitine. It's all carnitine, just like all the creatines are creatine. In both cases, something else is attached. Maybe lclt is more effective than l-carnitine, or maybe it's a marketing scam by the producers.
    Ya, I have my doubts about LCLT. We already don't expect it to do as much as creatine, and it's only us fitness people who are really whanting it to do something, but does it? Look at that whole CEE placebo trend.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.

I feel like to see significant benefits from ALCAR it's something you need to superdose...2-3 times the recommended amount
  11. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by kingdong View Post
    Ya, I have my doubts about LCLT. We already don't expect it to do as much as creatine, and it's only us fitness people who are really whanting it to do something, but does it? Look at that whole CEE placebo trend.
    LCLT actually has some solid science behind it.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  12. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

Carnitine in general has solid science behind it.
  13. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDeadlift View Post

Good Luck
    Great post....

I have noticed the same thing with mixing ALCAR/L-Carnitine L-Tartrate- it seems to accelerate fat loss a good bit more than just one or the other...

Agreed on the mucuna as well- and the mucuna/huperzine-A combo also seems to have a very synergistic effect with night-time fat loss...
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals
  14. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.

What caught my eye with LCLT was the studies concerning an increase in androgen receptors while taking the compound and that it can significantly increase IGFBP-3 levels- however, this may hold true across the board for all carnitines as well
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals
  15. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Actually, carnitine has very little solid science behind from a performance perspective.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Actually, carnitine has very little solid science behind from a performance perspective.
    I always felt like there was some rebound after you discontinue use of carnitine
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkHalf View Post
    I always felt like there was some rebound after you discontinue use of carnitine
    Rebound in what sense. Please specify.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by luclyluciano View Post
    Rebound in what sense. Please specify.
    Small rebounds in fat gain.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Weight loss/Bulk Alcar-success? Where to buy it?
    By pittguy578 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-17-2010, 08:32 AM
  2. CLA FOR FAT LOSS: POLL: Did it work for you?
    By Whacked in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-11-2010, 10:26 PM
  3. ALCAR vs. regular L carnitine for fat loss ...
    By useyourhead in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-16-2009, 02:11 AM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-09-2009, 06:12 PM
  5. Fat loss - ALCAR vs PLCAR
    By justreading in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-04-2009, 01:57 AM