DHT control and healthy bodybuilding

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
1) Ive heard that testosterone is way more anabolic than DHT. This would make something like Saw Palmetto a winner in the anabolic category, since it stops test from converting to DHT.

2) Ive also heard that DHT is important to the nervous system for strength, and plays a role in estrogen metabolism.

Factoring in 1 and 2, would takeing something to reduce the test>DHT conversion be slightly good, or slightly bad for bodybuilding?

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
we could use Saw Palmetto as an example if that helps.

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Good point and you would think so. But I and many others who have taken DHT lowering drugs have suffered feminising side effects. It didn't seem much initially, but over the years the cumulative effect have had a major impact upon my physique. For example I was holding fat more fat around my lower body and parts of my chest. Even when I tried low car and low cal I couldn't get as lean as I used when training less intense and with more cals. I thought it could be lower DHT, but then I took a DHT derivative and the moderate increase in DHT had a massive impact on my body. I was holding far less water, eating twice as my cals, no cardio and I was still leaning out brilliantly. It seems DHT is far more androgenic, responsible for the masculine effect in men, than testosterone. I then I went onto find this.....

Another good choice for an anti-androgen is finasteride (Proscar, Propecia), and is able to be used in concert with spironolactone. The primary use of Proscar (finasteride 5 mg) was in the treatment of benign prostatic enlargement, but with its reintroduction as Propecia (finasteride 1 mg), the drug is being largely marketed to promote scalp hair growth. For transgendered women, finasteride when given in the larger dose promotes not only scalp hair growth but acts as an potent anti-androgen as it is highly effective in inhibiting the conversion of testosterone to DHT (dehydrotestosterone) responsible for male sexual characteristics. Finasteride is usually physically well tolerated over long durations.

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
You also might find this interesting...

Anti-Estrogen Effects Of DHT

One important function of DHT in the body that does not get much discussion is its antagonism of estrogen. Some men that take Proscar learn this the hard way—by developing a case of gynecomastia. By reducing DHT's protection against estrogen in the body, these men have fallen victim to its most dreaded ramification-bitch tits.

How does DHT protect against estrogen? There are at least three ways that this likely occurs. First of all, DHT directly inhibits estrogens activity on tissues. It either does this by acting as a competitive antagonist to the estrogen receptor or by decreasing estrogen-induced RNA transcription at a point subsequent to estrogen receptor binding.

Second of all, DHT and its metabolites have been shown to directly block the production of estrogens from androgens by inhibiting the activity of the aromatase enzyme. The studies done in breast tissue showed that DHT, androsterone, and 5alpha-androstandione are potent inhibitors of the formation of estrone from androstenedione. 5alpha-androstandione was shown to be the most potent, while androsterone was the least.

Lastly, DHT acts on the hypothalamus/pituitary to decrease the secretion of gonadotropins. By decreasing the secretion of gonadotropins you decrease the production of the raw materials for estrogen production testosterone and androstenedione (DHT itself cannot aromatize into estrogens). This property of DHT comes into particular utility when it is administered exogenously, and this is to be discussed in further detail in the next section.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
DHT is good.. If you go bald, at least you'll be big and strong LMAO..

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
test and DHT makes us men

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 12
Recipes 9
Anabolics 18
Anabolics 47
Dominus Anabolics 30