anarchy

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
any one try this yet? Anarchy - Pre-Workout Matrix Looks like BA, L-histidine, covalently bonded creatyl-L-glutamine peptide, creatine mono , caffeine and yohimbine.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I always liked using shotgun seemed to work great for me, I will give this new formula a try. Looks like a direct comp with Jacked 3d. I just dug into what 1,3 N-Dipropyl-7-Propargylxanthine is. It looks like a super potent caffeine analog. 100x more potent per mg? Kinda nuts. I had never seen that used before... but it looks like VPX uses it in a few of their products.

zombiemuscle

zombiemuscle

Awards
  • Established
any one try this yet? Anarchy - Pre-Workout Matrix Looks like BA, L-histidine, covalently bonded creatyl-L-glutamine peptide, creatine mono , caffeine and yohimbine.
rate limiting factor of carnosine synthesis

This link discusses the fact that beta-alanine supplementation is sufficient at increasing carnosine synthesis. Histadine supplementation would not increase carnosine synthesis because beta-alanine is the rate limiting factor.

You can get 300grams of high quality beta-alanine from primordial performance for 12 bucks.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm thinking anarchy with gplc ?

zombiemuscle

zombiemuscle

Awards
  • Established
I'm thinking anarchy with gplc ?
Out of 7 studies VPX lists with their anarchy product, none of them are about histidine supplementation. Although I did see one that proves caffeine increases upper body strength in women haha!

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
not sure what the first ingredient is, but caffeine is second on the list... im pretty sure that means there is more caffeine than any ingredient listed after it... i would hope there no more than 200mg caffeine(which is a lot) but then nothing else would be at significant doses to benefit. i hate proprietary blends

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I believe when they say Proprietary blend then the list does not matter as far as amounts go like in normal labeling. Just like when a supplement says protein blend (whey isolate, cheap ass protein, gelatin) It does not have to have the most amount of whey isolate since it is encapsulated in the parantheses, hokey YES.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Pal alto labs whose a sponsor can maybe answer that there incarnate product has Histidine in there BA product. I loged there product before and liked it.

purebred

Proprietary blends are interesting...

To further illustrate, I've come across a product containing say, 6 ingredients, but the blend itself is 1500mg. Does this mean there is 1500mg when combining the amounts of all 6 ingredients? If so, many companies are falling absurdly short in their formulas because many ingredients companies include in their product formulations require a higher dose than is allowed given the amount of the proprietary blend.

If Product A contains blend delivering combined nutrient total of 4000mg yet some of those ingredients consist creatine, glutamine, beta-alanine, caffeine and like 7 other ingredients, how do I interpret this labeling? I would in a scenario such as the preceding the consumer is being drastically shorted, no?

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well what I am doing is taking extra BA and creatine to be on the safe side.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
why wouldnt u just use bulk powder. it nearly always saves money and u know EXACTLY what you are getting instead of crossing ur fingers or trying to equal out an unknown number

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I like the rest of the profile.

purebred

why wouldnt u just use bulk powder. it nearly always saves money and u know EXACTLY what you are getting instead of crossing ur fingers or trying to equal out an unknown number
++1

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Why do people buy jacked 3d? Or. No shot gun? Same reason.

zombiemuscle

zombiemuscle

Awards
  • Established
Why do people buy jacked 3d? Or. No shot gun? Same reason.
If you look at the Jack3d ingredients, you'll see the entire dose is only 4.145 grams. How is this possible? I dose 5 grams of creatine alone. Most people say that 1.6grams of beta-alanine is the lowest you should dose. That's 6.6grams for the two supplements. Furthermore, Jack3d is mostly arginine as it is listed at the top of the propietary blend. Judging by the ingredient profile and total propietary dose, you can bet you aren't getting enough creatine and the beta-alanine is surely underdosed as well. You would have to take almost 3 scoops to get the full benefits of these supps, but that would raise concern with overdose of the stims it contains.

I can see why people buy these propietary blend preworkout mixes. They are great for motivation with all the caffeine they contain, and pretty convenient to use as well. The great flavors available make it fun to drink, too. I myself used to use jack3d and no shotgun. Now I use bulk powders to control my doses and promote the best effects from the supps I pay for and use. If you think an underdosed preworkout mix is great, wait til you try the full doses of those supps! Only downside is that they don't have flavoring, but hey you can always mix with juice.

I'll be mixing 5grams iBCAA, 3grams beta-alanine, and 5grams creapure from primordial performance into a gatorade bottle before the gym tonight. That's 13grams compared to the 4.1 of jack3d.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well I am using this as a basic foundation. Plus some of the raws in these products are hard to find in bulk. I have extra BA from NOW supps and I just need more creatine and I am set. I ordered con cret so that should take care of that. Also I ordered bulk GPLC which I am running low on so I will just get more of that but other than that it looks like a decent foundation and with the flavor already there saves me the hassle of buying bulk flavors.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Beta-Alanine (3-aminopropanoic acid), although vital for the synthesis of carnosine, has been relatively unstudied until recently. But in 1994, beta-alanine's potential for synthesizing carnosine was first described in cell cultures studies. Following work by Dr. Mark Dunnett (who incidentally studied under Professor Roger Harris for his doctorate in carnosine metabolism in equine physiology), Dr. Mark Tallon demonstrated that the use of 100 mg.kg-1 bw of beta-alanine for 30 days combined with histidine enhanced muscle carnosine by 18% in type IIb fibers.

zombiemuscle

zombiemuscle

Awards
  • Established
Beta-Alanine (3-aminopropanoic acid), although vital for the synthesis of carnosine, has been relatively unstudied until recently. But in 1994, beta-alanine's potential for synthesizing carnosine was first described in cell cultures studies. Following work by Dr. Mark Dunnett (who incidentally studied under Professor Roger Harris for his doctorate in carnosine metabolism in equine physiology), Dr. Mark Tallon demonstrated that the use of 100 mg.kg-1 bw of beta-alanine for 30 days combined with histidine enhanced muscle carnosine by 18% in type IIb fibers.
carnosine synthesis

If you read this study you will find that chronic oral ingestion of beta-alanine can substantially elevate (up to 80%) the carnosine content of human skeletal muscle. Beta-alanine is the limiting factor of carnosine synthesis because histidine is already found in high concentrations in skeletal muscle. Supplementing BA alone is sufficient for up to 80% increase of carnosine in skeletal muscle.

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
often times VPX doesnt need extra supplements.... people have found that Shotgun has plenty of creatine and stacking it with synthesize led to too much creatine....

so id say try it without adding extra of what is already in it,

OR
do what the majority of old salty-dog lifters do and use bulk things, you'll notice less $ out, more gains, and less stress and questioning

purebred

If you look at the Jack3d ingredients, you'll see the entire dose is only 4.145 grams. How is this possible? I dose 5 grams of creatine alone. Most people say that 1.6grams of beta-alanine is the lowest you should dose. That's 6.6grams for the two supplements.
This is the case w/many of the supplements on the market today and my wonder towards "Proprietary Blends". I'd like a rep to chime in on this one.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Cost. There number one biz is profit