Help needed!

codered5

Awards
I am a 23 year old, healthy and active male. I have been diagnosed with low t, with total t at 362 ng/dl. I was completely fine T wise until I was 20, after several years of taking NO-xplode for baseball...now I know it is prohormone free, but I DID take the old no-xplode, with aspartame in it. I believe that it is highly possible that my troubles have come from abusing NO-xplode and the aspartame content....while on it, I began developing panic attacks, insomnia, zero libido and weak erections. I know that some people on this board are well versed in this kind of thing...I am currently seeing urologists for these reasons and I am only 23, so want to avoid HRT....1. Can I see if aspartame is the issue? 2. What is the corrective step to take if it is?

Thanks for any help.

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
I have never heard of this. I have been using artificial sweeteners for years. I am 35 now, and never heard of this. Were you using any medication at the time? Maybe a combination of things did it.??? I will research this and get back to you.

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
OK, I just found out that there are a host of side effects for aspartame. Its known as the worst of the artificial sweetners. I would just try to detox the liver, and kidneys first, and then talk to your doctor about pursuing natural test boosters first. This would keep you from replacement therapy. Andro gel is another option. Keep me informed. I hate to see guys get screwed up from supplements.

MrDeadlift

Awards
I agree, Aspartame has been documeted to produce side effects but it varies from one person to another. Some people are more susibtale than others in developing certain conditions. Notice, most products that contain aspartame have a warning " "Phenylketonurics: Contains Phenylalanine".

Cut back on Aspartame, which is most diet products. So, most of us consume it without knowing that. Always read the label carefully when a product says "sugar free", "diet" ..etc.

There are certain tests your doctor can do which you should perform ASAP.

codered5

Awards
Thanks for the responses guys...basically here is what I have been told COULD have happened (and cooky you are right, it could have been a combination)

for those who are sensitive to aspartame, it overstimulates your adrenal glands, which could cause panic attacks and the insomnia...to compensate, your body shuts down a portion of your hypothalamus, which in turn causes your hormone levels to get out of whack in the form of low T

I get all of my blood work back on Thursday and talk to the doctor then...will let you know what happens, now that I know this info, I will likely be asking for additional tests. Does anyone know what to ask for?

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
what blood work are you already getting back?

codered5

Awards
i am getting total T, free T, LSH, FSH, Estradiol and Prolactin back this week...i think thats it...

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
I would get Liver function, and Kidneys too. Just to be cautious. I hope all this works out bro. I use Truvia, or stevia for the most part now. I am cutting way back on artificial sweetners.

codered5

Awards
Ok got my tests back and I think this is good news, but let me know!

My prolactin, FSH, LH, and free T were all ok (according to nurse, she didn't give me actual numbers over the phone, but said they were within range)

My total T had gone up a little to 387 ng/dl
My Estradiol was at 45!

Does that mean that if they reduce estrogen, I will likely be just fine?

Thanks

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
Aspartame damages the hypothalamus. The hypothalamus produces gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GRH). The GRH goes down the stalk between the hypothalamus and pituitary and causes the pituitary then to produce gonadotropins. The ganglia goes to the testicles and causes them to produce testosterone. When you’re causing hypothalmic destruction with neuroexcitotoxins like NutraSweet you’re suppressing the formation of male hormone without which there is no sexual drive or pleasure for either. In the original studies aspartame triggered atrophied testes and testicular tumors.

codered5

Awards
I love how that in no way answered my previous question, but thank you anyways, any help is good help...so any advice that will help me?
If I do have problems bc of aspartame, would be estradiol also be high? I feel like not...but I don't know...what do i need to have checked out?

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
Sorry just wanted to just get some info up on it. I hate how they put this stuff in everything. By reduce estrogen for a wile should bring thing back around for you. Have you read the book jillian michaels master your metabolism? There is a lot of $hit in foods that can mess up your test and make estrogen high. It is a great book you should check it out.