protein before sleep.

Montesano813

Awards
I've heard before that it is important to drink a protein shake before u go to bed at night. I was wondering if this is a true statement or a myth?

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
Whether it is important or not is very debatable unless there have been any scientific studies proving its' worth but a lot of people drink a pre-bed protein drink. A lot will use casein protein as it breaks down slower than whey.

BigBeazy

BigBeazy

Awards
  • Established
Whether it is important or not is very debatable unless there have been any scientific studies proving its' worth but a lot of people drink a pre-bed protein drink. A lot will use casein protein as it breaks down slower than whey.
I am dissapoint.

Ever heard of muscle catabolism?

Tell me, is it ok to leave your muscles on a fast for 8+ hours? Answer is no.

Take a casein protein shake before you go to bed, a poor mans substitute is Cottage cheese (I mix it with PB and Splenda). It slow digesting so it pretty much feeds your muscles throught the night. In the morning I wake up and down a quick whey protein shake (cuz its cheaper and helps me eat breakfast).

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
I am dissapoint.

Ever heard of muscle catabolism?

Tell me, is it ok to leave your muscles on a fast for 8+ hours? Answer is no.

Take a casein protein shake before you go to bed, a poor mans substitute is Cottage cheese (I mix it with PB and Splenda). It slow digesting so it pretty much feeds your muscles throught the night. In the morning I wake up and down a quick whey protein shake (cuz its cheaper and helps me eat breakfast).

As I said, scientific evidence or it is debatable. If you think that taking a pre-bed shake is necessary to stop muscle catabolism then that it your opinion and nothing more without scientific studies to prove otherwise.

HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established
Purely anecdotal but I notice better recovery, less soreness, etc from taking a casein shake and my ibcaa's at night, just my own experience no study to back me up