Insulin mimicking supps

bb4life

bb4life

Awards
  • Established
Anyone that has used multiple insulin mimicking supplements, please give me your opinion on the ones you have used and which one you feel is the best. thanks guys.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
anabolic pump
i actually like the pump it gave all day
i felt so full and pump comparable to that of preworkout supp

zombiemuscle

zombiemuscle

Awards
  • Established
I've used bulk Banaba by NP b4. Good stuff, allowed me to eat a lot.

I have some Recompadrol on the way, should be even better.

JoeHT

Awards
R-ALA @ 200 mg 3X daily does the trick for me. One of the dosages with creatine, the other two 20 mins before meals.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anabolic pump did nothing for me.
yup many sau that but man it worked for me and it worked great
i think i added like 4-5 lbs while loosing like 1.5% bf

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Recompadrol is by far the most comprehensive insulin mimiking supp i have used thus far. Great product.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Recompadrol is by far the most comprehensive insulin mimiking supp i have used thus far. Great product.
does it give some sort of food pump?
kinda like AP

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
Yeah i ordered recompadrol from another site before NP carried it, and it never arried. :(

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
does it give some sort of food pump?
kinda like AP
Ap didnt do much for me really, this stuff made me more vascular, more pumped, fuller, lost fat and stayed roughly around the same weight on this cut. Very impressed.

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
Really? hhmmm, did they atleast refund you your money?
I just recently sent them an email, waiting on a response. I don't blame recompadrol at all though, im sure it's a great product.

zombiemuscle

zombiemuscle

Awards
  • Established
I just got my recompadrol today and holy sht this stuff is amazing. I'm eating double what I was yesterday, my appetite is thru the roof. I hope this helps tone me up.

You can feel the first dose working, it's the real deal.

dlucks

Awards
  • Established
I'm trying pslin and slin-sane, and honestly I dont notice ANYTHING from them. I might try Recompadrol after.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Metformin/glucopha ge seems to work wonders

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone that has used multiple insulin mimicking supplements, please give me your opinion on the ones you have used and which one you feel is the best. thanks guys.
vanadyl sulfate
R-ALA
Yellow Gold
Pslin
Glycobol

Glycobol hands down. Glycobol contains NA-R-ALA which is 10-30 times more powerful than regular R-ALA.Lower doses can be used on glycobol , like one to two capsules per day, due to the powerful Na-R-ala. In addition it has a few other insulin mimetic ingredients

http://store.anabolicminds.com/product/anabolic-innovations/glycobol-120-caps.html

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
Im about a week in on Anabolic Pump and P Slin, Got to admit this stuff has been doing its job, I have used and like Recompadrol as well and loved results from it.. But if this stack keeps going the way it has been it will be just as good if not better.. Also no Anabolic Dumps or any sides thus far for me..

zombiemuscle

zombiemuscle

Awards
  • Established
I'm thinkin' about slipping my wife some Recompadrol this weekend before a meal and see how she feels.

I slip her all kinds of stuff lol, sometimes maca and horny goat weed for libido! When she asks what it is I just tell her it's an antioxidant lol.

jontrainer

Awards
recompadrol has no sides? Love Glycobol but i get super smelly gas that lingers forever. My wife gives me the evil eye whenever I pop them.

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
I'm thinkin' about slipping my wife some Recompadrol this weekend before a meal and see how she feels.

I slip her all kinds of stuff lol, sometimes maca and horny goat weed for libido! When she asks what it is I just tell her it's an antioxidant lol.
I some how talked my fiance into taking a nutrient partitioner. She doesn't even like supplements in general.

zombiemuscle

zombiemuscle

Awards
  • Established
Im about a week in on Anabolic Pump and P Slin, Got to admit this stuff has been doing its job, I have used and like Recompadrol as well and loved results from it.. But if this stack keeps going the way it has been it will be just as good if not better.. Also no Anabolic Dumps or any sides thus far for me..
Does usp list the extract strengths for the herbs they use in ap or pslin?

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Slin Sane has been wonderful, and actually powerful enough when times and dosed accordingly that I can tell a difference when consuming it with carbs opposed to identical meals when I am either out or don't have the bottle with me.

Glycobol and NOW's HCA product are also both very solid, tried and true supplements that, once again, when taken and timed to realize optimal results, they will bring about a definite change in dynamic in your progress.

I have been unable to sample or run/log Recompadrol or Slin Shot, so I cannot comment on those supplements. However, I can say Swanson offers a very high yielding 75% G-Acid Sylvestre supplement, and Higher Power (BodyBuilding.com's in house brand) offers a very good r-ALA 100ct bottle product as well.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Anabolic pump did nothing for me.
X2 - Ended up selling what I could of the bottles I had left years ago. Of all the experienced trainees I keep in contact and correspondence with, I cannot honestly recall one who ended up giving rave reviews about AP or converted it into one of their staple ongoing supplements - even after using it in a very calculated strategic manner in proper dosages.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
:( If I wasn't such a Dave Ramsey pupil..... haha! I'm happy to hear this GT. Someday perhaps.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
wow seriously guys im the only AP worked for

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
:( If I wasn't such a Dave Ramsey pupil..... haha! I'm happy to hear this GT. Someday perhaps.
Well - looks like "someday" ended up being TODAY :)

Recompadrol is on its way, and I will be creating and maintaining a comprehensive summer cycle log through September outlining my experiences with it.

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
wow seriously guys im the only AP worked for
Rochabp "outstanding" is one of the greatest loggers ever. I'm going to try whatever insulin mimicker he recommends and then let you know how it works out. So don't worry about other supplements I'll try them out and let you know a head of time before you try them.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Rochabp "outstanding" is one of the greatest loggers ever. I'm going to try whatever insulin mimicker he recommends and then let you know how it works out. So don't worry about other supplements I'll try them out and let you know a head of time before you try them.
The pressure is too much for me to handle! Haha, thanks for your kind words - but I have no formal degrees or field/laboratory experience above-and-beyond self study and applied research. I do enjoy sharing what knowledge I have attained through the years with people like yourself who use it to expedite your own goals, but I am by no means some sort of preeminent logging savant ;)

I call it like I see it, and I am grateful that you and others relate to that and apply some of my findings to your own endeavoring to build muscle. I should disclose that Glycobol is also one of my favorite (Top 3) GDAs I have ever implemented in my training/pre-contest regimen, I just can't afford to administer it during the off season as much as I'd like. I have found a great balance between cost and benefit where Slin Sane and Recompadrol is concerned, and also believe simple r-ALA caps serve an extremely useful purpose as well.

I invite anyone/everyone to please subscribe to my journal - I will continue on with my commitment to author insightful and informative objective feedback regarding my Summer Recomp - see you there! :)

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
The pressure is too much for me to handle! Haha, thanks for your kind words - but I have no formal degrees or field/laboratory experience above-and-beyond self study and applied research. I do enjoy sharing what knowledge I have attained through the years with people like yourself who use it to expedite your own goals, but I am by no means some sort of preeminent logging savant ;)

I call it like I see it, and I am grateful that you and others relate to that and apply some of my findings to your own endeavoring to build muscle. I should disclose that Glycobol is also one of my favorite (Top 3) GDAs I have ever implemented in my training/pre-contest regimen, I just can't afford to administer it during the off season as much as I'd like. I have found a great balance between cost and benefit where Slin Sane and Recompadrol is concerned, and also believe simple r-ALA caps serve an extremely useful purpose as well.

I invite anyone/everyone to please subscribe to my journal - I will continue on with my commitment to author insightful and informative objective feedback regarding my Summer Recomp - see you there! :)
What his trying to say is:

* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
What his trying to say is:

* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Ha ;)

I think the absolute best protocol would come from an assortment of a few products that have minimal ingredient overlap to create a comprehensive partitioner that not only focuses on carbohydrate metabolism, but also fat attentuation: Recompadrol, Glycobol, and Slin Sane. However, if finances are a bit tight, you could always swap out Glycobol for pure HCA powder and r-ALA caps.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
here is a list of Glycobols ingredients breakdown of what they do for anyone that this information may help

Na-R-ALA(Na RALA is the sodium salt form of R-Lipoic Acid) Sodium R-Lipoate (Na-r-ALA)
ALA is naturally produced in the body as a mitochondrial enzyme cofactor. It is important to aerobic metabolism. ALA has been shown to increase cellular uptake of glucose to cell membranes by recruiting the glucose transporter GLUT4. ALA improves skeletal muscle glucose transport, resulting in desirable blood glucose disposal and increased muscle glycogen concentrations. (1) Studies also indicate that in muscle, ALA is a potent anti-oxidant which protects cells from oxidative stress-induced insulin resistance. (2) The ALA used in this formula is chemically stabilized and of the highest quality. It?s the most active isomer and the highest potency salt commercially available. ALA is an invaluable addition that offers a multitude of benefits plus countless extras for any serious athlete.

Phellodendron amurense is otherwise known as "Amur Cork Tree." A native of Asia, the bark has been used in Chinese traditional medicine to treat gastrointestinal problems, ulcers, diabetes and infections.Berberine is the best characterized of the compounds that have been identified. Berberine has antibacterial, anti-tumor and antioxidant activities. It may also have anti-diabetic activity: in one study, it decreased body fat and fasting glucose levels in rats. This work is not conclusive, however, as the berberine was administered by injection, not consumed orally. Unfortunately, we don't have many other in-vivo studies on berberine or Phellodendron.

Phellodendron extract Anti-inflammatory, antipyretic, cholagogue, antibacterial, lowers blood sugar.

Cinnamon There has been a lot of talk these days about cinnamon. According to some studies, cinnamon may improve blood glucose and cholesterol levels in people with Type 2 diabetes. The results of a study from 2003 in Pakistan showed lower levels of fasting glucose, triglycerides, LDL cholesterol and total cholesterol after 40 days with levels continuing to drop for 20 days after that.

Extracts of Fenugreek The chemical compounds found in fenugreek have the ability to aid the digestive process. Consequently, when taken with meals it is believed that fenugreek is able to slow down the rate at which sugars are absorbed into the body, whereby regulating blood sugar levels. Additionally, studies indicate that 4-hydroxyisoleucine (an amino acid) found in fenugreek may induce or promote the production of insulin when blood sugar levels are elevated.

BMOV (Bis-Malto-Oxovanadium) BMOV is an organic form of the mineral vanadium. Although elemental vanadium and inorganic salts of vanadium show significant biological potential, it has a poor therapeutic index due to low gastrointestinal absorbance. BMOV is recognized as safer, more absorbable, and able to deliver a therapeutic effect up to 50% greater than the inorganic forms. (9) Vanadium is one of the rare microelements that can promote a profound boost in endurance and strongly support anabolism. BMOV can give muscles a hardness like you have never experience before. The form of vanadium used in this formula is one of the very best you can find, if not the best.

andrewT

andrewT

Awards
so with something like recompadrol would you use it before your PWO meal? or is it a waste because your insulin is already high?

also, when you come off these NP products how is your bodies reaction to no insulin mimicking? how long should one run these for?

thanks

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
so with something like recompadrol would you use it before your PWO meal? or is it a waste because your insulin is already high?
I actually went through a phase when I didn't use any GDAs or Insulin Mimickers post workout for a short stint, but after further research and fine tuning my theory I have once again started using them immediately after my final rep of each workout - and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. I believe any advantage should be seized, and in a sport/hobby where every finite adjustment can cause a slight edge and upward trend in musculature, I'd be hard pressed not to implement Slin Sane/Recompadrol/Glycobol into my daily nutrition.

also, when you come off these NP products how is your bodies reaction to no insulin mimicking? how long should one run these for?

thanks
EXCELLENT question... and one I hope Crazy Fool can expand upon and answer for you/us. I have often questioned myself regarding this facet of supplementation, and take it a step further and wonder what happens when exogenous insulin is also disused. I would partly assume that these GDAs would encourage rapid recovery of your natural insulin sensitivity and pancreatic function where the multiplication of insulin secreting beta cells are concerned (but I'm not sure if there is any rebound or down-regulation once you cease RCD use; but HCA has been demonstrated NOT to cause a rebound). I went back and reviewed the entire write-up on Recompadrol which I tend to do almost weekly to maintain my understanding of its function and best use, I extracted this near the bottom of the write-up: "In addition Gymnema has been shown to actually regenerate and multiply the number of insulin secreting beta cells in the pancreas. Regeneration and multiplication of beta cells means that those who have poor insulin sensitivity can now improve their bodies natural output of insulin. (*13)"

Hopefully this helps :)

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
For insulin effects: AP < Glycobol < SLIN < Slin shots ;)
Fasted training: AP > Gbol

Honestly, they all have their pros and cons.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established

Are you saying LG's Slin, with the weakest form of alpha lipoic acid in the form of s-ala in limited amounts, unlisted extract yields of cinnamon and bitter melon with vanadyl sulfate... is more potent than AI's Glycobol with the most stable and potent commercially available 250mg of na-r-ala, an amazing assortment of GDA and Anti-Adipogenesis aids in the form of 20:1 cinnamon extract, 4-HIL and Berberine, plus the most bio-available absorbed form of VS in the form of BMOV?

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I actually went through a phase when I didn't use any GDAs or Insulin Mimickers post workout for a short stint, but after further research and fine tuning my theory I have once again started using them immediately after my final rep of each workout - and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. I believe any advantage should be seized, and in a sport/hobby where every finite adjustment can cause a slight edge and upward trend in musculature, I'd be hard pressed not to implement Slin Sane/Recompadrol/Glycobol into my daily nutrition.

EXCELLENT question... and one I hope Crazy Fool can expand upon and answer for you/us. I have often questioned myself regarding this facet of supplementation, and take it a step further and wonder what happens when exogenous insulin is also disused. I would partly assume that these GDAs would encourage rapid recovery of your natural insulin sensitivity and pancreatic function where the multiplication of insulin secreting beta cells are concerned (but I'm not sure if there is any rebound or down-regulation once you cease RCD use; but HCA has been demonstrated NOT to cause a rebound). I went back and reviewed the entire write-up on Recompadrol which I tend to do almost weekly to maintain my understanding of its function and best use, I extracted this near the bottom of the write-up: "In addition Gymnema has been shown to actually regenerate and multiply the number of insulin secreting beta cells in the pancreas. Regeneration and multiplication of beta cells means that those who have poor insulin sensitivity can now improve their bodies natural output of insulin. (*13)"

Hopefully this helps :)
ill help,

when you STOP taking these supplements your body is MORE sensitive to insulin, there will be no rebound or insulin resistance following these supplements.

Ingredients in most (not all) GDAs take a lot of pressure off the pancrease, and reduce the amount of insulin needed to lower your blood sugar for the same amount of carbs. Ingredients like Gymnema as shown in studies can regenerate beta cell function and can improve their insulin sensitivity even after stopping the supplements. Studies vith vanadyl show that insulin sensitivity remains the same for weeks after stopping.

all in all once stopping your body is able to use less insulin, and function more efficiently at carbohydrate disposal, and glucose clearing from the blood.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Very true. All of these have their place and can be effective.

zombiemuscle

zombiemuscle

Awards
  • Established
ill help,

when you STOP taking these supplements your body is MORE sensitive to insulin, there will be no rebound or insulin resistance following these supplements.

Ingredients in most (not all) GDAs take a lot of pressure off the pancrease, and reduce the amount of insulin needed to lower your blood sugar for the same amount of carbs. Ingredients like Gymnema as shown in studies can regenerate beta cell function and can improve their insulin sensitivity even after stopping the supplements. Studies vith vanadyl show that insulin sensitivity remains the same for weeks after stopping.

all in all once stopping your body is able to use less insulin, and function more efficiently at carbohydrate disposal, and glucose clearing from the blood.
Something like Recompadrol would be a great supp for any diabetic.