Best tasting whey protein you've had?

MarcoNJ

Awards
A friend of mine owned a juice bar at a popular 24-hour gym in New Jersey for several years, so I got to try a lot of different proteins on the market. Recently I got a sample from Rich Gaspari at Gaspari Nutrition of a whey protein blend he is testing. I'm not one to drink vanilla ever but the vanilla was really good and the chocolate was easily the best I've ever had.

5lbs. with 75-80 servings
30g Protein, 2g Carbs, 1.5g Fat, 288 Calories
Cross Flow Ultrafiltered Whey Protein Concentrate
Ionized Whey, Hydrolyzed Whey
Isolate and Glutamine Peptides
Soy Protein Isolate
Sucralose, No Sugar or Aspartame

What is the best tasting whey protein you've ever had?

sawastea

Awards
Damn, could've sworn I saw this post already on another board, verbatim :D

Syntrax Nectar

MarcoNJ

Awards
Damn, could've sworn I saw this post already on another board, verbatim :D

Syntrax Nectar

Totally. The more opinions the better! I noticed Nectar is not cheap, are you willing to pay a little more for more grams of protein per serving with a better taste?

Cogar

Awards
  • Established
Totally. The more opinions the better! I noticed Nectar is not cheap, are you willing to pay a little more for more grams of protein per serving with a better taste?
I am. ;) I also think that Syntrax Nectar is about as good as it gets, although I currently drink more of their Isomatrix Reloaded chocolate hurricane flavor, since it has an advanced protein blend.

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
nectar....cept i'm not willing to pay $23 for a bottle that lasts me 4 days....i guess if i took 2 servings a day instead of 9, i might buy it.

Now i'll just take whatever tastes good (not great), thats the cheapest =D

MarcoNJ

Awards
nectar....cept i'm not willing to pay $23 for a bottle that lasts me 4 days....i guess if i took 2 servings a day instead of 9, i might buy it.

Now i'll just take whatever tastes good (not great), thats the cheapest =D

With that said, would you consider paying $40.00 for 75-80 servings of the whey blend listed in my original post at 30g protein/serving? Thats like .50¢ a serving.

sawastea

Awards
Considering I know a website that sells 50lbs for $145, I don't know :D ;)

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Man, I still haven't tried Syntrax nectar yet. I haven't bought it because I am always mixing oil with my shakes, and usually milk as well...

You guys that have used it, would you say that it tastes good enough for say after cutting grass, doing yardwork, etc come inside for a nice, cool, tasty, and refreshing drink?? :)

Cuz I can't see myself using it for any other reason really cuz it would taste horrific with oil/milk in it....or maybe if I switch up my PWO drink/shake/meal protocol I could use it directly after I train occassionaly...

If so, what flavor is best suited for kind of a thirst quencher???

Cogar

Awards
  • Established
Hey Jergo,

I never liked "fruity" tasting proteins (think strawberry) until I tried Nectar. The fuzzy navel flavor is a lot like orange Tang (with a touch of peach added in), and my wife will drink it as such if I do not hide it. ;) :p I occasionally add a couple teaspoons of Barlean's flax oil, and it does not hurt the flavor. The roadside lemonade flavor is also good. IMO either would be worth considering in your case.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Hey Jergo,

I never liked "fruity" tasting proteins (think strawberry) until I tried Nectar. The fuzzy navel flavor is a lot like orange Tang (with a touch of peach added in), and my wife will drink it as such if I do not hide it. ;) :p I occasionally add a couple teaspoons of Barlean's flax oil, and it does not hurt the flavor. The roadside lemonade flavor is also good. IMO either would be worth considering in your case.
Thanks bro!! That good, huh? I'm gonna dig in and get some then....for some reason though lemons upset my stomach....so I'll probably go with the fuzzynavel... :cool:

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thanks bro!! That good, huh? I'm gonna dig in and get some then....for some reason though lemons upset my stomach....so I'll probably go with the fuzzynavel... :cool:
nooooooo! fuzzy navel sucks. The rest are good, fuzzy navel sucks IMO. maybe it's just me though.

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
With that said, would you consider paying $40.00 for 75-80 servings of the whey blend listed in my original post at 30g protein/serving? Thats like .50¢ a serving.

i get 160 servings of alltheywhey for $40, then again its 22g of protein, but still considerablly cheaper for something that taste pretty damn good.

Then again if i wasn't a college student, or if allthewhey didn't taste as good as it does, i'd prolly buy it.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
nooooooo! fuzzy navel sucks. The rest are good, fuzzy navel sucks IMO. maybe it's just me though.
Maybe I'll ask around first to get some samples then...I'm just tired of drinking plain ice-water when coming in for a break when doing yardwork. My parents have the biggest lawn known to man, and there's always something to do.....after moving out I felt bad, so I still help out every weekend usually....used to drink carbonated flavored water, but all that carbonation just gives me heartburn anymore....sucks...

Cogar

Awards
  • Established
Fuzzy navel sucks?

i guess my taste buds must be defective! Damn

:D :D ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

TooL

Awards
Give lemonade Nectar a try. It tastes exactly like PEZ candy. I cant get enough.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
The lemonade is damn good. I don't like fruity proteins much but they nailed this flavor. I even have my wife using it once a day and I could never get her to use any powder.

Personally Beverly's chocolate Muscle Provider is my favorite, but Black Star Labs/ Protein Customizer is a close second and I use a lot of their custom blends.

westniles

Awards
Muscle milk is the best tasting to me, nectar is good except for the cherry berry flavor is awful. I usually buy the whey concentrate from black star labs though.

surferdude26

Awards
Musclemilk definately, mochajoe... Mmmm... tastes like...frapaccino... :drool:

michaelton

Board Supporter
Awards
i get 160 servings of alltheywhey for $40, then again its 22g of protein, but still considerablly cheaper for something that taste pretty damn good.

Then again if i wasn't a college student, or if allthewhey didn't taste as good as it does, i'd prolly buy it.
You guys have me thinking of trying some Nectar or Milk Muscle next time around.

But damned if I'm not with JonBlaze on this: the economy of allthewhey is hard to beat.

paul3371

Awards
chocolate muscle milk or strawberry myoplex with 16 oz of cran/strawberry juice some frozen strawberries and 1 bananna blended to perfection :D

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
By far Muscle Milk, but All the Whey is pretty good and very cheap at $37.99 for 10 lbs. and I'm also a college student that's overworked and underpaid LOL.

asap nutrition

Awards
  • Established
Hands down: Optimum Nutritions Cookies n Creame

asap nutrition

Awards
  • Established
Second would be NytroWhey Strawberry from Prosource.net

Pioneer

Pioneer

Awards
  • Established
-ON Choc and choc mint

i have apple nectar and it pretty sweet, little bit to sweet. though it is good to offset all the chocolate ON i drink.

Rike

Rike

Awards
I have tried just about every protien powder out there and I like Champion Nutrition ProScore 100 chocolate flavor. It isn't the most popular, or the cheapest, but it s great protein formula with a superior taste. If you put a full serving into a small bowl and slowly add drops of cold water into it , you can mix it up to a frosting like consistancy. I will guarantee you if you like chocolate frosting you will not be able to tell the difference - it mixes better than any other protein that I have tried other than MRPs which mix great but have added carbs. It is scary. You could sit and eat 1/2 a tub in minutes if you do not have the "will power" to stop. I often mix it like this with dry oatmeal, Fiber One cereal, or brown rice and a 1/2 or full tablespoon of EFA oil for a meal for something different.

w00kie

Awards
I like nitrean from atlargenutrition. Just picked up some Nectar crystal sky flavor today...its pretty good also...

TheChosen1

TheChosen1

Awards
Right now, I'm using EAS Myoplex Low Carbs and it tastes damn good.

Other great tasting shakes:

MuscleTech NitroTech

SportsOne PhosGold (THE BEST....taste like a McD's shake)

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I love All The Whey's Strawberry, the Orange and Chocolate are good too.

ManBeast

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Man the best tasting has to be Substance WPI Watermelon. If I raked in the cash, my closet would be full of that ****. But it's expensive :(. Dymatize Orange whey is pretty good and isn't bad with milk or water.

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
Primaforce Grape Splash. It has something that never bored me. I still have to try a lot of whey flavours... GF pro cherry blast will be the next one.

FunkMasterFlex

Awards
soy protein isolate....is industrial waste IMO.....Black Star LAbs flavors are the best. Ive heard amazing things about Ergo's IGFpro or whatever, that is next on my list to try

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I'd have to go with Nectar. I've tried pretty much every protein powder out their except black star labs(which I'll have to try). Nectar ranking: 1. Roadside Lemonade 2. Fuzzy navel 3. Lemon Iced Tea(new I believe) 4. tie for all other flavors except carribean cooler which I don't recommend unless your really into extra sweet pina colada.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Dymatize Choc mint is the best tasting.. If i could buy it in 50lbs i would drink it exclusevly.. I have tasted them all, nectar, all the whey, ON and dymatize ownz it..

cry0smate

cry0smate

The Chosen One
Awards
Dymatize Elite Caffe Mocha or Chocolate Mint. Makes ON taste like ass. I love the stuff!

Pioneer

Pioneer

Awards
  • Established
Dymatize Elite Caffe Mocha or Chocolate Mint. Makes ON taste like ass. I love the stuff!
must be pretty good then. ill have to make a switch and try something new after i get done with my ON choc mint.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
must be pretty good then. ill have to make a switch and try something new after i get done with my ON choc mint.
ON Choc mint can not hold a candle to Dymatize.. Dymatize tastes like a dessert in water, and is even better in skim milk..

I just got 25lb of choc from All they whey, becasue i hate only being able to get 5lb incriments of dymatize..

Chippewa

Chippewa

Awards
  • Established
Go ahead and hate on it, but Biotest's Grow proteins are REALLY good stuff.

Pioneer

Pioneer

Awards
  • Established
ON Choc mint can not hold a candle to Dymatize.. Dymatize tastes like a dessert in water, and is even better in skim milk..

I just got 25lb of choc from All they whey, becasue i hate only being able to get 5lb incriments of dymatize..
damn this stuff must be pretty good. i dont believe its got all the BCAAs ON has. plus isn't it more expensive? ill still give it a try though.

and 25lbs of protein? good god man, what if you didn't like the way it tasted? would be 25lbs of ... crap.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Oh yeah, I forgot about GROW by biotest. As far as micellar proteins go I don't think anything can touch GROW. They have a new strawberry flavor that's pretty good.

cry0smate

cry0smate

The Chosen One
Awards
damn this stuff must be pretty good. i dont believe its got all the BCAAs ON has. plus isn't it more expensive? ill still give it a try though.

and 25lbs of protein? good god man, what if you didn't like the way it tasted? would be 25lbs of ... crap.
'

I believe both contain the full Amino Proflie. Dymatize is actually produced in the same warehouse as ON stuff.

The only stuff by Dymatize that I cannot handle are the berry flavors. YUCK.....

How's the choco ATW? I haven't tried that yet.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have tasted it before, they will send a sample of it before ya buy..

cry0smate- It is ok, more subtle flavor then dymatize, i would say more like ON.. Dymatize is a it sweeter, and more choc/mint flavor, mmm mmm mmm

buffb2

buffb2

Awards
A friend of mine owned a juice bar at a popular 24-hour gym in New Jersey for several years, so I got to try a lot of different proteins on the market. Recently I got a sample from Rich Gaspari at Gaspari Nutrition of a whey protein blend he is testing. I'm not one to drink vanilla ever but the vanilla was really good and the chocolate was easily the best I've ever had.

5lbs. with 75-80 servings
30g Protein, 2g Carbs, 1.5g Fat, 288 Calories
Cross Flow Ultrafiltered Whey Protein Concentrate
Ionized Whey, Hydrolyzed Whey
Isolate and Glutamine Peptides
Soy Protein Isolate
Sucralose, No Sugar or Aspartame

What is the best tasting whey protein you've ever had?
Somethings not adding up with the calories? 30x4=120 2x4=8 1.5x9=14 Thats like 142. 2 scoops would be 284 but then you would cut your servings in half. I dont know if thats what u did?

italionstallion

Awards
  • Established
best fruity whey without a doubt is gf pro

best no fruity whey is whey gourmet-any flavor is awesome, personally i love PB so i lean toward the choc peanut butter, but even their vanilla is awesome