Help with supplements

Tblood51

Awards
I'm a 16 year old kid that is looking to get stronger with the help of supplements. I play football so getting into the weight room isn't a problem. Just wondering what supplements could speed it up because as you can see I'm pretty weak if you look at my specs. I was looking at igh-2 and hghup. What do you guys think if i want to gain weight and strength?

jcr1

Banned
Awards
I wouldnt take anything like that. Your too young 4 tht stuff. Dont worry just eat good and train hard. Your gonna hit a growth spurt in nxt few years so you WILL get bigger and stronger.

Tblood51

Awards
Well in the next few years it won't matter because my chance at college football will be over

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Well in the next few years it won't matter because my chance at college football will be over
Creatine and Protein man. You'll be safe on those, anything else is going to f you up.

MrDeadlift

Awards
I think at your age you need to focus on adopting a training routine to help you get bigger and also stronger for football. Diet is very important for your age, and the most neglected part is SLEEP/Recovery. Training hard and eating right are not complete if you do not sleep and recover well.

Now, you can think of this as a triangle for success (Training, Nutrition, Sleep). If you want supplements, you can add a supplement or two for each category from the triangle. Again, supplements should be used for a specific reason to improve an aspect were you feel weak in.

1) Training: Pre-Workout and Intra-Workouts come in mind here. Pre-Workout gives you energy and mental focus, increase blood flow to help you train harder, longer with enough intensity to build muscle and exceed your plateau. They usually are a combo of Creatine, Arginine AKG (Nitric Oxide), Citrulline and other ingredients. I have used many products here, the two that come in mind that I love are:

- Optimum Nutrition CGT-10 (Creatine, Glutamine and Taurine)
- Neuro Research Bulldozer XL 5000 (Creatine, Arginine AKG, Amino Acids (BCAA), Glutamine, Citrulline and much more)

2) Nutrition: I think a basic multi-vitamin would compliment here a lot. Another thing that I would recommend especially at your age is Fish Oil. IF you don't eat enough protein, you can add Protein supplement, but usually at your age you need to focus on food and eat a balanced meal that contains Carbs, Fats and Protein since you are still growing.

My favorite brands: for a Multi-Vitamin I like Animal Pack from Universal Nutrition. For Fish Oil you can pretty much use any brand you like, I prefer liquid form vs gel caps.

Recovery/Sleep: The neglected part by most. Here, there are many categories in the supplement market which includes: Post Workout, Antioxidants, Sleep Aids ..etc

For post workout, I used many brands I did like Torrent from Universal nutrition. But now, I make my own mix which is Gatorade and BCAA. All you need for a post workout is simple sugars (Dextrose or Glucose) and fast absorbing Protein or Amino Acids. You can save money by making your own drink.

I personally prefer using antioxidants and recovery/sleep aids. If you take a multi-vitamin it probabnly contains some antioxidants (not enough though), otherwise, you can just get yourself a good antioxidant that covers everything for you. Why? When you train hard at the gym or in the field with your coach, you are actually causing some damage that your body needs to recover from. Excess training can also produce free radicals if you don't allow your body to recover. That is why many people who workout really hard can get sick easier than average person because the stress they add on their body and immune system in particular.

A great free-radical scavenger/Antioxidant I like is Defense Armour 24 from Neuro Research Group which helps me recover quicker after intense workouts. It has Alpha Lapoic Acid, Coenzyme Q10, L-Theanine, Beta Glucan and other ingredients

Sleep aids help you sleep deep, which is when your body actually starts rebuilding muscle and reparing the damage caused from intense training. Some sleep aids, may contain ingredients to improve muscle growth when sleeping by increasing Hgh (Human Growth Hormones) Naturally – not like steroids and in a different mechanism (small excretion and spike). They usually contain some amino acids such as GABA, L-Dopa ..etc

Good Luck

Primal2

Primal2

Awards
I'm a 16 year old kid that is looking to get stronger with the help of supplements. I play football so getting into the weight room isn't a problem. Just wondering what supplements could speed it up because as you can see I'm pretty weak if you look at my specs. I was looking at igh-2 and hghup. What do you guys think if i want to gain weight and strength?
Dont waste your money. Just eat **** ton of food and bust your ass in the gym. Lots of compound movements and get lots of rest.

Tblood51

Awards
What brands of creatine and protein do you recommend

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
creapure by primordial performce is great

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Eat Eat Eat
Creatine Monohydrate
Eat Eat Eat
(repeat)

greekstallion

Awards
just eat like a ****ing horse...make sure u eat every 2 to 3 hours..dont worry about supplements yet,just eat...