1. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.49%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

digestive enzymes

I recently picked up a product called completeGest Renew, i was wondering if anyone has used this product and how u used it. Also what enzyme products woudl u recommend and if enzyme products are worth it, thanks!

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.48%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

There are two i'd recommend MST's Enzy-M and NOW Super Enzymes those are the only two i have used and liked. Used to use Gut Health by RPN if you could find that i'd go that way for sure.
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.49%

alright, and u just take a serving with each meal? seems liek that could get expensive......... do u feel its worth it?
    •   

4. Handsome and intelligent
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.92%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

If you're healthy with no existing digestive issues then you probably don't need digestive enzymes.
    The Driven Blog
    Follow DS on Facebook and Twitter!

Craze™ is NOW AVAILABLE!
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.56%

Add in some plain yogurt to your diet, and use pepper on all your meals. I'm on my 2nd bottle of nows enzymes and haven't noticed any difference.
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.49%

yea i got it just cuz i thoguht it woudl help my body to better use the nutrients from all the food im eating
  7. Handsome and intelligent
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.92%

Quote Originally Posted by mkretz View Post
    yea i got it just cuz i thoguht it woudl help my body to better use the nutrients from all the food im eating
    Your body is already pretty awesome at doing that as it is.
    The Driven Blog

Craze™ is NOW AVAILABLE!
  8. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.35%

alright, and u just take a serving with each meal? seems liek that could get expensive......... do u feel its worth it?
    I used Vitamin Shop's in-house brand, a massive 300 or 600ct bottle lasted quite a while, and had a very comprehensive enzyme blend. I have used NOW's Super Enzymes, and truly liked their product as well. I found that enzymes were the most advantageous when taken with dairy laden meals (cottage cheese, cheese, milk, whey concentrate), post workout meals to speed assimilation and lessen bloating, and with red meat meals.

PS: You won't notice a dramatic difference immediately, but it will begin to improve your rapidity of digestion and reduce gastric distress.
    PPS: Try adding in some Greek Yogurt with active cultures to aid in your stomach health as well
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.49%

will this help my boy to beter utilize the nutrients or is it more jsut for digestive comfort, cuz i dont really get like gassy or anything, that i can think of. Like i heard the body doesnt break down red meat that well, so would it be beneficial with tthat so my body gets all teh protein and what not?
  10. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.6%

i enjoy Myogenix ProFiber
  11. Handsome and intelligent
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.92%

will this help my boy to beter utilize the nutrients or is it more jsut for digestive comfort, cuz i dont really get like gassy or anything, that i can think of. Like i heard the body doesnt break down red meat that well, so would it be beneficial with tthat so my body gets all teh protein and what not?
    You have no digestive problems, you really don't need to look into this!
    The Driven Blog

Craze™ is NOW AVAILABLE!
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.3%

i was under the impression that digestive enzymes were really only needed if one had GI Distress/discomfort...please correct me if im wrong

with that said, i bought digestive enzymes because, like yourself, i thought it would help me better "utilize" those nutrients.

i benefited nothing from it to my knowledge. thought they were sugar pills for a second
  13. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Look, at 5'9 125, you just need more food, not enzymes. I'm near the same height (about 5'9.5-9.75) and weigh 90lbs more, with top 4 abs showing. Its not because you aren't getting everything from what you eat (unless you have Chron's disease or Celiac or something similar), its just you aren't eating enough. Start another thread about diet in general, and pm me with it once you have and we can work on what you are eating, and when.
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.43%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Using digestive enzymes is the best decision I have ever made in my life. I don't feel bloated and sick after every meal anymore.. and I can actually eat larger meals without feeling disgusting. I just use swanson vitamins basic digestive enzyme.. never used what you got, but im sure it will do fine.
  15. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.35%

Quote Originally Posted by WIULifter View Post
    i enjoy Myogenix ProFiber
    I have been using this for months - great post!

I would actually say fiber is critical more-so than enzymes, because unless you are partaking in some dairy foods or refried beans (haha!) the body can usually cope with digestion with ease.

Pro Fiber is an excellent product with probiotics and INSOLUBLE fiber (which I had to do quite a bit of research on to clearly understand the difference and necessity between the two varieties of fiber).
  16. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.35%

Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    Using digestive enzymes is the best decision I have ever made in my life. I don't feel bloated and sick after every meal anymore.. and I can actually eat larger meals without feeling disgusting. I just use swanson vitamins basic digestive enzyme.. never used what you got, but im sure it will do fine.
    I am beginning to really become a fan of Swanson. Excellent service, prices, and a pretty wide range of products. Do you dose one cap per meal?
  17. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.35%

I had pointed this out in the post directly above yours...

Quote Originally Posted by Outstanding View Post
    ...I found that enzymes were the most advantageous when taken with dairy laden meals (cottage cheese, cheese, milk, whey concentrate), post workout meals to speed assimilation and lessen bloating, and with red meat meals.

PS: You won't notice a dramatic difference immediately, but it will begin to improve your rapidity of digestion and reduce gastric distress.
    PPS: Try adding in some Greek Yogurt with active cultures to aid in your stomach health as well

Similar Forum Threads

1. Are Digestive Enzymes... really... necessary?
    By Outstanding in forum Supplements
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 01-15-2011, 07:48 PM
  2. Digestive Enzymes
    By MAxximal in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-27-2009, 11:04 AM
  3. Digestive enzymes
    By jsp0785 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-08-2009, 12:48 PM
  4. Digestive Enzymes