No worries about fat gain with cinnamon as GDA/mimetic

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Advanced Member
    emiliozapata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    45
    Posts
    632
    Rep Power
    1038
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    82.09%

    No worries about fat gain with cinnamon as GDA/mimetic


    No matter the arguements about proper nomenclature for cinnamon's MOA I will say this - there is no cause for concern that cinnamon will increase adipose accumulation through insulin sensitizing of adipocytes. I say this with authority due to the fact that for almost a month straight now I have been high end dosing cinnamon extract 4% essential oils extract 250mg per pill, which I have been taking upwards of 8 per day.

    My caloric intake has decreased over the last 3 weeks, but macro breakdown is high good fats i.e. lots of sardines, salmon, EVOO, Tahini and Natty PB. I am down in weight and as ripped or more than I have ever been.

    The jury is still out on any benefit derived from increased muscle cell sensitivity, but I appear to have lost little to no strength in the face of my cut and size is unaffected.

    The bottom line is this though, ZERO negative results as far as fat gain, so for those looking for a very inexpensive way to manipulate insulin anabolism don't overlook cinnamon!

  2. Senior Member
    monstermash's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,990
    Rep Power
    19726
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    5.41%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Haven't experimented with cinnamon extracts just yet but plan to in the future.

    Anabolic pump and P-slin always treats me well. the only other GDA I've tried was Glycobol and that one made me gain fat pretty fast. Diet wasn't the factor either was the same i used with AP.
  3. Senior Member
    saggy321's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,388
    Rep Power
    116671
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    78.79%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Monstermah...same here. For some reason I gained fat on glycobol, but not on AP!!
    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    MAxximal's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,901
    Rep Power
    122080
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    25.1%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by emiliozapata View Post
    No matter the arguements about proper nomenclature for cinnamon's MOA I will say this - there is no cause for concern that cinnamon will increase adipose accumulation through insulin sensitizing of adipocytes. I say this with authority due to the fact that for almost a month straight now I have been high end dosing cinnamon extract 4% essential oils extract 250mg per pill, which I have been taking upwards of 8 per day.

    My caloric intake has decreased over the last 3 weeks, but macro breakdown is high good fats i.e. lots of sardines, salmon, EVOO, Tahini and Natty PB. I am down in weight and as ripped or more than I have ever been.

    The jury is still out on any benefit derived from increased muscle cell sensitivity, but I appear to have lost little to no strength in the face of my cut and size is unaffected.

    The bottom line is this though, ZERO negative results as far as fat gain, so for those looking for a very inexpensive way to manipulate insulin anabolism don't overlook cinnamon!

    I used cinnamon alone and i feel hypo but rigth now i use LG Slin wich have cinnamon too one of the best GDA`s I ever used!
    SNS Online Representative
    Maxximal @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

    Got Glycophase ...?


  5. Handsome and intelligent
    Robboe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,927
    Rep Power
    8381
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    52.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Its been a while, but IIRC cinnamon mostly upregulates GLUT3 which are found almost exclusively on neurons. I don't recall its effect on muscle GLUT4 translocation being anything special.
    The Driven Blog
    Follow DS on Facebook and Twitter!

    Craze™ is NOW AVAILABLE!
  6. Senior Member
    monstermash's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,990
    Rep Power
    19726
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    5.41%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Robboe View Post
    Its been a while, but IIRC cinnamon mostly upregulates GLUT3 which are found almost exclusively on neurons. I don't recall its effect on muscle GLUT4 translocation being anything special.
    Thanks for the post. i'll definitely research it before trying anything.

    My interest in cinnamon was peaked when my father (who's diabetic) was told to drink two black cups of coffee a day and use a tablespoon of cinnamon to help with his blood sugar. Docs can be wrong too but I've been thinking of trying something like the what the OP is doing since I heard this.
  7. crazyfool405's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,430
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by monstermash View Post
    Thanks for the post. i'll definitely research it before trying anything.

    My interest in cinnamon was peaked when my father (who's diabetic) was told to drink two black cups of coffee a day and use a tablespoon of cinnamon to help with his blood sugar. Docs can be wrong too but I've been thinking of trying something like the what the OP is doing since I heard this.
    bc coffee is the best for him?

    who the **** told him to drink coffee, coffee can lead to poor glucose uptake, and its been shown in studies.

    Cinnamon is fine,

    if your fathers a diabetic, i assume his triglycerides and cholersterol are slightly elevated... and he is type 2, if thats the case i would recommend recompadrol by lean body formulations which was designed for that exact reason.

    forget coffee with carbohyrate containing meals if you want to try and increase insulin sensitivity. PERIOD
  8. Board Sponsor
    LG Sciences's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,946
    Rep Power
    84313
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    74.1%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Our slin is one of the most under rated supplements out there. It's amazing stuff.

    Cinnamon is amazing ****. It's what makes ASGT so good. I think VPX took it out of shotgun, which is a shame since it is just too damn good to leave out.
  9. crazyfool405's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,430
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by LegalGear View Post
    Our slin is one of the most under rated supplements out there. It's amazing stuff.

    Cinnamon is amazing ****. It's what makes ASGT so good. I think VPX took it out of shotgun, which is a shame since it is just too damn good to leave out.
    ive never had much success with cinnamon alone,

    Slin indeed is a great product, however i got not much from it, and didnt even open my second bottle of it because of it.

    Bitter Melon never Wowed me personally, nor did the studies.
  10. The BPS Rep
    Resolve's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,062
    Rep Power
    350691
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    84.16%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    OP, are you taking the cinnamon extract with meals containing carbs, or with every meal no matter what the macros?

    I've tried a number of GDAs and typically respond very strongly - i.e. hypoglycemia becomes problematic.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***
  11. New Member
    niCe99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    313
    Rep Power
    283
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    45.38%

    Question


    I'm confused. you say your overall calorie decreased over the span of the week yet your good fats increased (stating that you also dropped your protein/carb macros to accommodate the increase in calories from the fat).

    and you're surprised you lost weight? and you also contribute all of this to Cinnamon? IMO, i see a good small deficient diet that would elicit fat loss while minimal - to no muscle mass/strength loss. Essentially a recomp. How big of a deficient are you on? I would start to contribute many of your results to cinnamon if you were well over 500-1000 under you maintenance calorie.

    i am not attacking you, i am genuinely curious.
  12. Senior Member
    monstermash's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,990
    Rep Power
    19726
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    5.41%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    bc coffee is the best for him?

    who the **** told him to drink coffee, coffee can lead to poor glucose uptake, and its been shown in studies.

    Cinnamon is fine,

    if your fathers a diabetic, i assume his triglycerides and cholersterol are slightly elevated... and he is type 2, if thats the case i would recommend recompadrol by lean body formulations which was designed for that exact reason.

    forget coffee with carbohyrate containing meals if you want to try and increase insulin sensitivity. PERIOD
    No idea on why black coffee was recommended or if it was to be had with CHO meals. Just always remembered the cinnamon thing. i have a serious stock of AP and P-slin right now so Unless NP runs a sick deal on Recompadrol or LG Slin I'll be holding off on those two for now.
  13. Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,751
    Rep Power
    2208574
    Level
    75
    Lv. Percent
    44.61%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    bc coffee is the best for him?

    who the **** told him to drink coffee, coffee can lead to poor glucose uptake, and its been shown in studies.

    Cinnamon is fine,

    if your fathers a diabetic, i assume his triglycerides and cholersterol are slightly elevated... and he is type 2, if thats the case i would recommend recompadrol by lean body formulations which was designed for that exact reason.

    forget coffee with carbohyrate containing meals if you want to try and increase insulin sensitivity. PERIOD
    But what if you drink your coffee WITH the cinnamon mixed in it
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  14. Elite Member
    MAxximal's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,901
    Rep Power
    122080
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    25.1%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by monstermash View Post
    No idea on why black coffee was recommended or if it was to be had with CHO meals. Just always remembered the cinnamon thing. i have a serious stock of AP and P-slin right now so Unless NP runs a sick deal on Recompadrol or LG Slin I'll be holding off on those two for now.
    Is for the catechins content in coffee
    SNS Online Representative
    Maxximal @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

    Got Glycophase ...?


  15. crazyfool405's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,430
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    But what if you drink your coffee WITH the cinnamon mixed in it
    its will make the cinnamon less effective plus pure cinnamon and the extract cinnulin are different

    for a significant effect you need a few tables spoons a day maybe more to reach the point of clinical study findings. and cinnulin youll just need a few 100 mg per day.
  16. Handsome and intelligent
    Robboe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,927
    Rep Power
    8381
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    52.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    bc coffee is the best for him?

    who the **** told him to drink coffee, coffee can lead to poor glucose uptake, and its been shown in studies.

    Cinnamon is fine,

    if your fathers a diabetic, i assume his triglycerides and cholersterol are slightly elevated... and he is type 2, if thats the case i would recommend recompadrol by lean body formulations which was designed for that exact reason.
    Believe it or not, habitual coffee intake is associated with a reduced risk of developing type II diabetes.
    The Driven Blog
    Follow DS on Facebook and Twitter!

    Craze™ is NOW AVAILABLE!
  17. Elite Member
    MAxximal's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,901
    Rep Power
    122080
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    25.1%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Robboe View Post
    Believe it or not, habitual coffee intake is associated with a reduced risk of developing type II diabetes.
    Hmmmm i hate coffee
    SNS Online Representative
    Maxximal @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

    Got Glycophase ...?


  18. crazyfool405's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,430
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Decafinated due to chlorogenic acids effect on cortisol. Otherwise no
  19. Elite Member
    MAxximal's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,901
    Rep Power
    122080
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    25.1%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0609111316.htm

    However, little of that evidence comes from studies on lab animals used to do research that cannot be done in humans

    "this is from the article"
    SNS Online Representative
    Maxximal @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

    Got Glycophase ...?


  20. crazyfool405's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,430
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Find the one in humans
  21. Elite Member
    MAxximal's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,901
    Rep Power
    122080
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    25.1%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    Find the one in humans
    SNS Online Representative
    Maxximal @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

    Got Glycophase ...?


  22. Advanced Member
    emiliozapata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    45
    Posts
    632
    Rep Power
    1038
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    82.09%

    for the two questions directed towards me, 1) Yes, I have been taking the cinnamon pills with every meal or shake, regardless of macro breakdown.

    2- as for the question of the weight loss being associated with the cinnamon or simply due to decreased caloric intake in spite of high fat intake, I don't know nor do I care. I never attributed any fat loss to cinnamon. I simply stated that despite the presence of high dietary fat intake, there is no evidence of fat gain secondary to the cinnamon. Certain peddlers of so called GDA products on these boards have stated that cinnamon will increase the response to insulin of both muscle AND fat cells, whereas their product doesn't. My conclusion is that this is NOT something to fear.
  23. Handsome and intelligent
    Robboe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,927
    Rep Power
    8381
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    52.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by MAxximal View Post
    Hmmmm i hate coffee
    The taste or the effects?
    The Driven Blog
    Follow DS on Facebook and Twitter!

    Craze™ is NOW AVAILABLE!
  24. Handsome and intelligent
    Robboe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,927
    Rep Power
    8381
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    52.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    Find the one in humans
    Meta-analysis on the studies involving human trials: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15998896

    I am not saying that coffee will cure diabetes, afterall there's only an association. But i think it goes a long way to show that even though caffeine has a short-term effect on blood glucose and insulin sensitivity, in the long-run it doesn't matter so much.
    The Driven Blog
    Follow DS on Facebook and Twitter!

    Craze™ is NOW AVAILABLE!
  25. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,265
    Rep Power
    963225
    Level
    92
    Lv. Percent
    39.93%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Robboe View Post
    Meta-analysis on the studies involving human trials: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15998896

    I am not saying that coffee will cure diabetes, afterall there's only an association. But i think it goes a long way to show that even though caffeine has a short-term effect on blood glucose and insulin sensitivity, in the long-run it doesn't matter so much.
    I've yet to see a good study on cinnamon's efficacy in humans.

    BTW, where you been, Robboe?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  26. Handsome and intelligent
    Robboe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,927
    Rep Power
    8381
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    52.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Behind the scenes mostly. That is changing though, and glad to be back.
    The Driven Blog
    Follow DS on Facebook and Twitter!

    Craze™ is NOW AVAILABLE!
  27. crazyfool405's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,430
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    A lot has to do with chlorogenic acid to help with the insulin sensitivy and cortisol which both play a part in developing diabetes.

    All I'm sayin is if its not decaf will not help as much. Especially with the diets ADA and most nutritionist recommend (higher carb lower protein and moderate fat). They look for stability over time which helps but if you pre diabetic it can be reversed through a better diet and supplement scheme
  28. Elite Member
    MAxximal's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,901
    Rep Power
    122080
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    25.1%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Robboe View Post
    The taste or the effects?
    taste man
    SNS Online Representative
    Maxximal @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

    Got Glycophase ...?


  29. Board Sponsor
    getbustered's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    60
    Rep Power
    133
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    5.24%

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    ive never had much success with cinnamon alone,

    Slin indeed is a great product, however i got not much from it, and didnt even open my second bottle of it because of it.

    Bitter Melon never Wowed me personally, nor did the studies.
    This makes no sense to me. You say it is a great product, but on the other hand it was so completely worthless that you were willing to eat a loss on the entire second bottle.

    Not trying to be antagonistic (well, maybe a little), but what is up with the nicey nice all the time? Why not just call a spade a spade and say the product did absolutely nothing for you and it sucks. Would be much more valuable feedback than just agreeing that it is great, when from what you have stated you actually don't feel that way.
  30. crazyfool405's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,430
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by getbustered View Post
    This makes no sense to me. You say it is a great product, but on the other hand it was so completely worthless that you were willing to eat a loss on the entire second bottle.

    Not trying to be antagonistic (well, maybe a little), but what is up with the nicey nice all the time? Why not just call a spade a spade and say the product did absolutely nothing for you and it sucks. Would be much more valuable feedback than just agreeing that it is great, when from what you have stated you actually don't feel that way.
    by great product i mean work for some, just not for me, i know many people happy with it. you gotta find a happy medium by piling all experiences together because 1 is not going to change someones mind.

    and vanadyl and chromium are indeed good.
  31. Board Sponsor
    poison's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,904
    Rep Power
    37731
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    44.25%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Nice, Emilio! (As if you need to be more ripped ).

    Crazyfool, more studies show chronic coffee consumption increases insulin sensitivity and reduces risks of diabetes, than not. Most studies showing it decreases sensitivity are very short term, and/or flawed (giving a whoppin dose to non-coffee drinkers).
  32. crazyfool405's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,430
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    Nice, Emilio! (As if you need to be more ripped ).

    Crazyfool, more studies show chronic coffee consumption increases insulin sensitivity and reduces risks of diabetes, than not. Most studies showing it decreases sensitivity are very short term, and/or flawed (giving a whoppin dose to non-coffee drinkers).
    its tghe caffeine content not exactly the coffee itself
  33. Board Sponsor
    poison's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,904
    Rep Power
    37731
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    44.25%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Well, coffee has been shown to reduce the incidence of adult onset diabetes, and that is caffeinated coffee, not decaf.
  34. crazyfool405's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,430
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    Well, coffee has been shown to reduce the incidence of adult onset diabetes, and that is caffeinated coffee, not decaf.
    i still dont see it helping given caffeines direct effect on glucose uptake,

    and even if thats the case its due to the effect on catecholemines from caffeine which doesnt negate the fact it poorly effect glucose metabolism.

    ps i like your icon,

    its like 2 people are 69ing then something happens and POW body slam
  35. Board Sponsor
    poison's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,904
    Rep Power
    37731
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    44.25%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Lol, that's a judo throw. Violence, not sex. the coffee thing is not well understood. I'm pretty sure his doc wasn't totally off base, though.
  36. crazyfool405's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,430
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority
  37. Handsome and intelligent
    Robboe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,927
    Rep Power
    8381
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    52.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    This is a pretty high caffeine IV, and is studied acutely. Caffeine is lipolytic, anything that dumps fatty acids into the bloodstream will reduce insulin sensitivity. But the longer-term studies show no negative association.
    The Driven Blog
    Follow DS on Facebook and Twitter!

    Craze™ is NOW AVAILABLE!
  38. Handsome and intelligent
    Robboe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,927
    Rep Power
    8381
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    52.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    i still dont see it helping given caffeines direct effect on glucose uptake,

    and even if thats the case its due to the effect on catecholemines from caffeine which doesnt negate the fact it poorly effect glucose metabolism.
    Ok, just for ****s and giggles, how about this one showing that (a pretty huge) caffeine co-ingested with carbs leads to greater glycogen synthesis: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18467543
    The Driven Blog
    Follow DS on Facebook and Twitter!

    Craze™ is NOW AVAILABLE!
  39. Professional Member
    Outstanding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,461
    Rep Power
    2876
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    80.9%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    its will make the cinnamon less effective plus pure cinnamon and the extract cinnulin are different

    for a significant effect you need a few tables spoons a day maybe more to reach the point of clinical study findings. and cinnulin youll just need a few 100 mg per day.
    Actually I have read some studies that observed subjects ingesting trace amounts of cinnamon in conjunction with a high carbohydrate challenge, and their gastric emptying rate was lowered by 37% which in turn significantly modulated their blood sugar spike (Am J Clin Nutr. 2 007 Jun;85(6):1552-6) 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon per day has also been recorded to lower blood sugar levels by 20% in human studies compared to a control. Once cinnamon was disused blood sugar in response to high Glycemic feedings returned to basal levels in the absence of cinnamon.

    I have been a long time user of cinnamon, often powdering my oatmeal with so much it makes it difficult to swallow, four times per day (especially during contest preparation phases). I would however like to compare blood sugar levels and onset of hypoglycemia between canela molida (not Cinnamomum verum, true cinnamon - that's another story!) and cinnulin extract or other standardized extracts.
  40. Handsome and intelligent
    Robboe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,927
    Rep Power
    8381
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    52.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Outstanding View Post
    Actually I have read some studies that observed subjects ingesting trace amounts of cinnamon in conjunction with a high carbohydrate challenge, and their gastric emptying rate was lowered by 37% which in turn significantly modulated their blood sugar spike (Am J Clin Nutr. 2 007 Jun;85(6):1552-6)
    Trace amounts? That study says the subjects took 6g cinnamon! http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/full/85/6/1552

    I have been a long time user of cinnamon, often powdering my oatmeal with so much it makes it difficult to swallow, four times per day (especially during contest preparation phases). I would however like to compare blood sugar levels and onset of hypoglycemia between canela molida (not Cinnamomum verum, true cinnamon - that's another story!) and cinnulin extract or other standardized extracts.
    Have you seen the videos online where people try and swallow a tablespoon of cinnamon? They are hilarious.
    The Driven Blog
    Follow DS on Facebook and Twitter!

    Craze™ is NOW AVAILABLE!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Insulin Mimetic/Nutrient Repartitioner
    By holmes215 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 08-25-2011, 11:23 PM
  2. judge this partitioner/insulin mimetic
    By emiliozapata in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-31-2010, 09:58 PM
  3. Most Potent Insulin Mimetic
    By Whacked in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-26-2007, 09:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in