Getting started late in life

mustang85

Awards
Hi All,

I am a 44 yo male looking to get back in the gym and see results. Last year I did the p90x routine twice and had great results as far as health but not as far as toning down. While I followed the diet pretty much to the "T" I was frustrated that I was not getting the "ripped abs" and biceps etc. I am currently 205lbs, in good shape and have been athletic all my life.

My question is this - do any of you have any experience with diets for people my age and specifically focused on toning the body. Being 5'11" at 205 I feel like I have plenty of weight to work with, and not needing to gain as much as tone. Also, considering I did p90x twice last year and followed the diet, are there any recommendations you can give me for supplements? I have done the research on the prohormones etc. but as usual there is nothing specific to my age. Also, if it helps, my body type is "stout"... I never seem to get ripped however hard I try on my own.

Thanks in advance all.

mustang85

Awards
Re: Getting Started Late in Life

PS: I have had instances where my testosterone has been on the low side and my metabolism seems to be about average. Really need your help!

seunim

seunim

Awards
  • Established
PS: I have had instances where my testosterone has been on the low side and my metabolism seems to be about average. Really need your help!
You may want to look into getting a test booster. As far as diet goes, perhaps get a nutrient partitioner such as Anabolic Pump, and do some carb cycling.

mustang85

Awards
Thanks for the reply. May I ask for some sample product names? I am sorry but I am new to the brand names though I have done my research on prohormones/supplements and how they can help in general.

edwitt

edwitt

Awards
  • Established
Hi All,

I am a 44 yo male looking to get back in the gym and see results. Last year I did the p90x routine twice and had great results as far as health but not as far as toning down. While I followed the diet pretty much to the "T" I was frustrated that I was not getting the "ripped abs" and biceps etc. I am currently 205lbs, in good shape and have been athletic all my life.

My question is this - do any of you have any experience with diets for people my age and specifically focused on toning the body. Being 5'11" at 205 I feel like I have plenty of weight to work with, and not needing to gain as much as tone. Also, considering I did p90x twice last year and followed the diet, are there any recommendations you can give me for supplements? I have done the research on the prohormones etc. but as usual there is nothing specific to my age. Also, if it helps, my body type is "stout"... I never seem to get ripped however hard I try on my own.

Thanks in advance all.
I started last year Feb 1st check out my progress not bad oif i dont say so myself. Feel free to ask any questions you like, you will get a better response by asking in my log/thread. Ive gotten tons of help and would be glad to share the wealth

Link to my log below, including starting out pictures and updates along the way last picture was 25 days ago

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/150971-operation-get-swole.html

Come on over and take a look mate, there is a ton of info and be glad to answer any questions

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
"Toning" is a myth perpetuated by fat women and the trainers that want the fat women to keep paying them. Pretty much you either are losing fat or gaining muscle. Keeping your scale weight stable while adding muscle is difficult. If you want the ripped abs, etc then follow the p90x diet again but clip out 400 calories a day.

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
you have to lose weight/Fat to appear more "toned" . Id do something with my diet like 40 cho /30 pro and fat. Add in Recompadrol by lean body formulations if you want a Nutrient Partitioner, add in some HIIT or extra LISS cardio after workouts and lift heavy. If weight loss slows lower carbs , and if you still stall then consider something like Suppress-C for cortisol and Alpha T-2 to speed up your metabolism and increase fat loss through A1 and A2 receptors