How long to take Cissus?

tsantsa

Awards
I have been taking Cissus for about 30 days now. I have definitely noticed an analgesic effect on my joints. What i have not noticed, as of yet, is an overall 'healing' effect. How long does cissus take to noticed significant healing effects?

Also, I'm taking Primaforce Cissus. Is there any better? I know of SuperCissus RX but is it better at all? I have seen some bulk cissus for sale elsewhere but I have heard the powder tastes horrid.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
I take Super Cissus RX and I take it everyday. I felt better after about a week and as far as a healing effect, I don't hurt like I used to and don't get as sore as I used to. I lose the soreness, when I do get sore, much faster.
It's not a healing feeling just not as much pain as a 42yr old would have hitting the weights.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
This guy is right. I persanally find that good old fashioned natural 5% powder works best for me, and it helps you heal over time. Inflamation causes more damage, and inerupts healing. Cissus reduces inflamation, letting you heal better over time. I like a half spoonfull AM and PM, with a full spoonful before my heavy workouts.

tsantsa

Awards
The primaforce cissus im taking is 40% ketosterones (20% 3-ketosterones). To be honest, I don't know what this means.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
This guy is right. I persanally find that good old fashioned natural 5% powder works best for me, and it helps you heal over time. Inflamation causes more damage, and inerupts healing. Cissus reduces inflamation, letting you heal better over time. I like a half spoonfull AM and PM, with a full spoonful before my heavy workouts.
Agreed. I use the 5% bulk stuff from NP and it seems to work just as good if not better than the more expensive stuff.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
only problem is they've been out of stock for quite a while now

tsantsa

Awards
only problem is they've been out of stock for quite a while now
yeah i checked. Anyone know of another shop that sells bulk like that? (that shouldn't be an illegal question right?)

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
yeah i checked. Anyone know of another shop that sells bulk like that? (that shouldn't be an illegal question right?)
honestly most places are out now

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
cissus and 10g of fish oil per day...keeps my knee and shoulder happy!

I've used both the NP bulk and Super Cissus with great results.

svirk

Awards
I ve using the bulk super cissus rx, easiest way to take it is to just dump the powder on you tongue and wash it down with water.

svirk

Awards
As well, been taking it about a week and shoulder aches have disappeared.

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
i'll answer the OP's question- how long to take it? as long as you want the analgesia!

don't believe the hype on "healing", trust me once you stop, the problem reappears, sad but true!

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
i'll answer the OP's question- how long to take it? as long as you want the analgesia!

don't believe the hype on "healing", trust me once you stop, the problem reappears, sad but true!
Im not so sure about this. Pain will come back if an injured person stops taking cortizone shots, but that doesn't mean that the cortizone did nothing for healing. I still believe that the reduced inflamation helps things heal better, but the injury that us fitness people enjoy to keep wailing away on wont just dissapear.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im not so sure about this. Pain will come back if an injured person stops taking cortizone shots, but that doesn't mean that the cortizone did nothing for healing. I still believe that the reduced inflamation helps things heal better, but the injury that us fitness people enjoy to keep wailing away on wont just dissapear.
I agree with you.

I have bought the 50 % and it did nothing , and 20 %. while the 20 % seemed to have work, the best that worked for pain seemed to be the 5 %.

cissus also has bone healing effects over time in one of the studies.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I How long does cissus take to noticed significant healing effects?
I have no idea. It seems to be quite a con-traversal supplement.

I have saw studies on pubmed that show bone healing, good for hemmroids, and increasing metabolism. That is all i have seen

I have not seen the studies on tendon and tissue repair just bone . so anyone have these studies?

so I do not think it is going to hurt taking it thats for sure and it MAY help. I have tried my share of cissus.

sometimes I think it works, however it is not a substitute if you have a serious injury the best thing is rest and physical therapy(whether it be ART, regular PT,etc)

Mickfootie

Mickfootie

Awards
  • Established
Cissus can be taken for long periods without issue. I would hwoever suggest taking Cissus for 12-16 weeks and have 2-4 weeks off it.
Taking the lower % Cissus seems to work better for the joint aid as the higher the % extract the more it seems to go into being anabolic and moves away from helping with the joints. I am just summising here but Cissus can help reduce Cortisol levels so maybe the higher the % or taking more throughout the day could lower Cortisol enough to actually start joints feeling the ache. This is possibly why the lower % extracts are better for the joints and this is also why i would suggest a break every now and then too.

Mickfootie

Mickfootie

Awards
  • Established
On a side note, here are some of the properties of Cissus :

1 - Can influence muscle gain, Possibly higher % or at higher doses
2 - Is a natural Analgesic and anti-inflammatory
3 - Can lower cortisol levels
4 - Faster bone and connective tissue healing
5 - Anti-catabolic and anti-glucocorticoid
6 - Anti-oxidant and anti-bacterial activity

Primal2

Primal2

Awards
I dont think you ever want to stop taking it. I would get it in bulk powder form and make it part of your daily diet.