Hurt my shoulder, again.

1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Hurt my shoulder, again.

Way to go me, i managed to reinjure my shoulder lifting in the gym again today.

What should i take to help it get back to health? I was thinking about

Animal flex stacked with super cissus rx.

Opinions please

2. New Member
    Answers

Something like that could help, but the best thing is going to be time off. That coupled with not starting back to soon and rehabing it correctly (bands, stretching, etc).

Also you could take ibuprofin or naproxen (Advil, Motrin, Aleve). You can put an ice pack on it for 20 minutes every couple hours or so as well.

3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Answers

sounds good bro IMO
    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.

•   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Feel The Burn View Post
    Something like that could help, but the best thing is going to be time off. That coupled with not starting back to soon and rehabing it correctly (bands, stretching, etc).

Also you could take ibuprofin or naproxen (Advil, Motrin, Aleve). You can put an ice pack on it for 20 minutes every couple hours or so as well.
    You're right, time off is the best cure. I can lift around my shoulder pretty effectively. I thought i was back ontop of my game ready to lift for strength again... and i was wrong. I've never tried supplementing to help my shoulder heal so i figure i'll give it a try.

Another lesson learned though.

5. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Ive had quite a few shoulder problems in the past also. I usually jump on some animal flex and switch most of my presses to the smith machine. Not needing to balance the weight allows me to still work out, just less stress on the joints.

Time off as stated always works

6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Answers

4 caps (3.2g) of cissus a good dose per day or should i up it past that? I bought 2 bottles but if it's effective i have no problem picking up another.

7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Answers

I just read about Osteo-Sport by AN, anyone tried that?

8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Cissus rx is money.

I think the bottle says load it @ 2pills with each meal for a week or so, then 3 am 2 pm. I do 2/2 and like it there.

How did you hurt your shoulder?

9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Friendly competition lol.

I hurt myself maxing out in high school, i just pushed my chest workout too hard with my wo partner.

10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Cissus I think is what made my rotator cuff able to pretend it wasnt hurt...its still sore now but I can lift more weight than I did when I hurt it a week ago lol o.O

11. New Member
    Answers

I'm currently working through an impingement. I recommend starting here:
    http://www.mindandmuscle.net/article...sture_shoulder

12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.
    Answers

^ damn good article!

Question though, and sorry for the threadjack,

It says arms fully relaxed, when I stand up and relax my arms, they are slightly bent, maybe 7-10 degrees, and it looks like I would totally fail the flashlight test, but if I straighten my arms to my sides, my palms exactly face eachother. But straightening your arms contracts your triceps, so I am assmuming straight is not relaxed?

13. New Member
    Answers

I believe relaxed they will be slightly bent. you can blame all the bicep curls for that. :P I think i made it 2-3ft with that test Biggest thing is make sure you are pinching your shoulder blades together when you bench.

14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Quinc View Post
    I believe relaxed they will be slightly bent. you can blame all the bicep curls for that. :P I think i made it 2-3ft with that test Biggest thing is make sure you are pinching your shoulder blades together when you bench.
    hmm. My lats are outpacing the rest of me right now, so at rest my lats kind of push my arms forward a bit...I guess implementing some of this stuff couldn't hurt anyway, will definitely do more pronated stuff

15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

I know its not what you want to hear, the best thing is time off.

if it is very serious and has been bugging you for a while get an MRI to see exactly what you are dealing with. then take a month off and do what it takes to get it better(cortisone shot, prednisone maybe, and physical therapy)

all lifting will do is make it worse, and in the long run you can progress in heavier weights instead of that shoulder holding you back all the time
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness

16. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    I know its not what you want to hear, the best thing is time off.

if it is very serious and has been bugging you for a while get an MRI to see exactly what you are dealing with. then take a month off and do what it takes to get it better(cortisone shot, prednisone maybe, and physical therapy)

all lifting will do is make it worse, and in the long run you can progress in heavier weights instead of that shoulder holding you back all the time
    This ideal except the cortisone shot ( at least it did nothing for me) however, if you do continue to lift make sure you do not do anything that causes any pain, even a little bit.

17. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  172 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkanadia View Post
    I just read about Osteo-Sport by AN, anyone tried that?
    I've tried Osteo-Sport before - not a bad product, but I think it's a bit overpriced.

I'd recommend going with the bulk SuperCissus RX. I just put a tsp toward the back of my tongue and wash it down with water 2-3 times ed. I'm still recovering from a shoulder surgery I had back in December, and I started taking this stuff a couple of months ago. There is definitely a noticeable improvement with my shoulder. I wouldn't say its a miracle drug, but it does help, and I'll probably keep taking it.

18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Answers

I got my Animal flex in the mail, and every one of the Gel Caps was busted in the packs.

I didn't buy it from Nutra Planet but i can't really return it because i'm in afghanistan anyways. The product was delievered in perfect condition but when i peeled the metal lid off the tub i found out the product was ruined.

19. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkanadia View Post
    I got my Animal flex in the mail, and every one of the Gel Caps was busted in the packs.

I didn't buy it from Nutra Planet but i can't really return it because i'm in afghanistan anyways. The product was delievered in perfect condition but when i peeled the metal lid off the tub i found out the product was ruined.

Animal flex did nothing for me. Try elasti joint.

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. can having sex 2 often hurt your gains
    By Matt6969 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-01-2010, 12:59 PM
  2. have you ever been hurt at the gym?
    By FAMOUSX1 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-21-2009, 02:18 AM
  3. It's going to hurt pretty bad in a second...
    By shaddow in forum General Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-29-2008, 09:46 AM
  4. What exactly did I hurt?
    By Zero Tolerance in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-18-2006, 06:22 AM
  5. THINK I hurt my shoulder :(
    By fst89lx in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-29-2005, 05:35 PM