Pre workouts and how much i really need them

10bathroomsO

10bathroomsO

Awards
  • Established
Ok so i am on my 3rd cycle since late in 2009. I use muscletech products but im not hurting for money so bad either so i really dont mind paying an extra 15 bucks ( btw im not a consumer of there products like myoshock and cryotest and celltech and whatnot ) this particular stack that im on now is Nitro tech for my daily protein Anabolic haylo for my postie and N.O. xplode for my pre ive took alot of pre workouts and its confusing me lately
ok so last cycle i was doing nano vapor and this im doing no xplode bc my bud told me it was really good
well the no xplode i feel a little different good pumps and what not
but on non workout days i get bored if its a slow day
sometimes i find myself outside and ill start working out, out of boredom and without a pre workout
i can do more weight higher reps
stronger pumps more focused
and a better workout completely,
so really should i just wait till im bored and make myself workout at times when i feel lazy with nothing to do
or should i keep doing what i feel halfway like is a waste and keep buying pre workouts
i know that supplements are good proteins and creatines and aminos but preworkouts are starting to confuse me and im not sure i should spend the money on it anymore i mean im not trying to go compition anytime soon so i mean what would i really gain??

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Stream of consciousness, eh? I dig.

10bathroomsO

10bathroomsO

Awards
  • Established
it just pretty ends up the same does anyone know of a preworkout that can benefit me in the said workout and then in the longrun
like say a no boost with muscle gaining properties
bc right now im all about mass building
should i just look for a powerful amino acid to take for a pre 30 to 45 before hand

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
i guess it depends which type of pre work out you referring to , stim or non stim.
They all seem to be based on the same ingredients, just some fine tuning here and there , but for some the caffeine etc , is the bonus.I do think caffeine has a place for a preworkout supplement but not on a regular basis. The other ingredients such as no boosters could be questionable but then its all down to personal preference. Some may feel theyre loosing out by not taking a pre wo supp .
i guess the only way to do it , is to take time out to train without say 4 weeks , then review your situation .

BoundToSteel

Awards
Beef and noodles are my favorite pre work out. I'm not trying to be a smart ass either. I used to take all kinds of stuff. I wouldn't get tired at all after eating that. And, really great for mass building.... Want a boost, little caffeine should do the trick.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
i think its worth bearing in mind that the hype that goes in the advertising theses products , is worded in such away that after reading it , its something that we feel we shouldnt be without ,One phrase that comes to mind "insane pumps" -whats all that about?

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
I usually don't use a preworkout supp. The NO supps make me feel sick and i cnt get a good workout at all. I recommend a little "eye of the tiger" by survivor at full volume while jogging for 2-3 min before you hit the weights. Gets me pumped. (Song changes daily but I recommended avoiding Britney Spears and the like)

BoundToSteel

Awards
I usually don't use a preworkout supp. The NO supps make me feel sick and i cnt get a good workout at all. I recommend a little "eye of the tiger" by survivor at full volume while jogging for 2-3 min before you hit the weights. Gets me pumped. (Song changes daily but I recommended avoiding Britney Spears and the like)
Don't lie, you know when no one's around you at the gym you got that Britney Spears cranked up!

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Best thing that I was using was Ramen noodles and eggs, with two caffeine pills. Damn, those were the days of being broke...however, I would have energy that didn't stop.

Ramen noodles make me sick to the stomach now a days.

I think it's more of a mental state of being. I can go into the gym tired as I can be and get myself mentally psyched and go all in. I can go in with tons of rest and do poorly.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
Best thing that I was using was Ramen noodles and eggs, with two caffeine pills. Damn, those were the days of being broke...however, I would have energy that didn't stop.

Ramen noodles make me sick to the stomach now a days.

I think it's more of a mental state of being. I can go into the gym tired as I can be and get myself mentally psyched and go all in. I can go in with tons of rest and do poorly.
i can associate with that, the gym session after my rest day is usually the worst of anyothers

10bathroomsO

10bathroomsO

Awards
  • Established
i think ima give it a rest on the pre sups and when i feel like the mental focus is lacking by itself ill take it again for a week or so, i think that the way you recieve testosterone has alot to do with your mind and what your focused on going into a work out
but anyways the only thing i really want is a pre work out that will help in the long run
i did get my max up to 270
when i was taking strong amino acid formula for a pre work out
sadly when i cycled off and came back its hard for me to bench 260 now
i only weigh 180 to 190 give or take i bounce back and forth really easy