Crank up your dopamine

jart45

jart45

Awards
  • Established
Are there any supplement or combination of supplements to crank up your dopamine??? Right now I thinking acetyl-l-carnitine and l-tyrosine combo.

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bumpage, doc says I have a dopamine insufficiency

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
I think jacking off releases dopamine.

muscl3s

muscl3s

Banned
Awards
  • Established
just get a bottle of HGHpro
or eat some favre beans

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
L-Dopa / 1-carboxy. Converts to dopamine, doesn't "boost" it persay. There are many studies available remarking on the effects of L-Dopa on GH secretion.

jart45

jart45

Awards
  • Established
Most antidepressants are SSRIs, thus increasing serotonin, with the exception of wellbutrin which actually does increase dopamine. But, for now just looking for a nonpharmacologic approach.

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah I was on antd's just recently changed to saraquil, other issues. But want to take natural products that dont make me feel like a zombie

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
seraquel is an anti-psycotic lol...

wellburtrin sucks.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
what the hell does dopamine do anyways?
anyone?

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
anyone?
One of the brain's main neurotransmitters. It is typically associated with pleasure and plays an integral role in mood, motivation, movement, and learning among many others.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
anyone?
google parkinsons-dopamine, interesting stuff about dopamine.

drugs to treat parkinsons increase dopamine, those drugs are very expensive. i guess for some they only get about 4-6 months worth under insurance-i read where many of them supplement their medications with macuna puriens they buy online.

this would indicate that macuna is a very good source of dopamine.

350zTT

350zTT

Awards
  • Established
I was under the impression that messing with such natural compounds could have detrimental effects on down the road by down regulating the receptors!???

rottie76

Awards
  • Established
Deprenyl, PEA, high protein diet, listening to hard rock music, L-Dopa (40% mucuna pruriens) will help. I was on Wellbutrin for over 2 years until I discovered there are natural and better ways to deal with it.

Good luck!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I was under the impression that messing with such natural compounds could have detrimental effects on down the road by down regulating the receptors!???
that's why you need to cycle.

but based on what you are saying, what about over prescribed sri's. people seem to recover ok after being on anti-d's.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i wonder what the effects of being on sri's for years would have? it seems seratonin levels would be screwed up really bad.

doing a month cycle of mucuna seems mild in comparison. i have used macuna containing hgh supps several times for around a month at a time with no apparent side effects. i plan on doing a cycle of hghpro real soon.:fing02:

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hghpro contains mucuna pruriens. Hghpro also gives me a bit better sleep. In addition it has alpha gpc which is good for the brain enhancing memory and cognition.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Phenibut stimulates the dopamine receptor's, among other things..

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
If you smoke weed, stop. That'll help.