Creatine/glutamine Stack

Pirate

Awards
Would it be beneficial to stack glutamine and a creatine at the same time or would it be better to take one for a certain amount of time then switch to the other one.

Thanks,

Pirate

size

Awards
  • Established
Glutamine sucks. Save your money and buy some steak.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Agreed, the glutamine is basically worthless for most applications. Just run the creatine as normal, and PLEASE do not make Bobo come in here and tell us why we shouldn't bother buying glutamine :D :gore:

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
I'd like to hear it as well. But for my 2 cents, my glutamine comes out of protein shakes averaging around 10 grams per shake. From my understanding, creatine and glutamine use the same carrier so it would benefit the user from separating the doses. I do think buying glutamine separate is a waste of money but when I get a decent amount from my protein shakes, I consider it a little bonus. :)

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I refuse. I've done it to many times. Every medical study ever done on glutamine shows its worthless in resistance trained men for strenght, performance or recovery. That is all I will say. :D

size

Awards
  • Established
If you think glutamine works and you do not mind spending the money then buy it. However, your money will be better spent on chicken or steak.

Pirate

Awards
If you think glutamine works and you do not mind spending the money then buy it. However, your money will be better spent on chicken or steak.
The the thing is, I didn't pay for it. And when people say just to cook some chicken or some steak it's easier said then done. Its easier to throw two scoops of glutamine into a shaker then to cook a steak or chicken.....why not eat the steak and chicken and suppliment it with some glutamine? I do appreciate the responces, definitly wont EVER buy glutamine.

Thanks,

PIRATE

cookmic5

Awards
  • Established
I'd like to hear it as well. But for my 2 cents, my glutamine comes out of protein shakes averaging around 10 grams per shake. From my understanding, creatine and glutamine use the same carrier so it would benefit the user from separating the doses. I do think buying glutamine separate is a waste of money but when I get a decent amount from my protein shakes, I consider it a little bonus. :)
10 g, what protein are you using and how many scoops is in a shake, IF I remember correctly ON only has about 2g per scoop or so?

Also if you really want to know why glutamine sucks I think there is a thread over on BB.com from Sept or Oct. where Bobo and JonBlaze or someone hashed it out for about 3-4 pages worth. (not to mention the half dozen that may be on here)
cm5

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
The the thing is, I didn't pay for it. And when people say just to cook some chicken or some steak it's easier said then done.
True, but since the glutamine supplement isn't going to do anything for you anyway it's a moot point. Glutamine is good for two things: getting money from people who are willing to pay for such things; and for easing gastrointestinal distress. You didn't cough up any bucks for it, but as Bobo said, and he's right, there's not a single study demonstrating its effectiveness in resistance training. Creatine on the other hand is worth it and has a wealth of studies supporting its use in training.

My two cents would be to save the glutamine for when you're stomach feels off and down some then, it works rather well for easing the stomach.

size

Awards
  • Established
The the thing is, I didn't pay for it. And when people say just to cook some chicken or some steak it's easier said then done. Its easier to throw two scoops of glutamine into a shaker then to cook a steak or chicken.....why not eat the steak and chicken and suppliment it with some glutamine? I do appreciate the responces, definitly wont EVER buy glutamine.

Thanks,

PIRATE

My point was that glutamine does nothing. Consequently, consuming chicken or steak for the calories and protein would be money better spent.