Best whey protein??

T

thewolf49

Awards
  • Established
I've been thinking of switching to American Whey, since it contains digestive enzymes (whey makes me bloated) and the profile looks good. The only thing is that it says it contains derivatives of soy. My question is what is the best/purest/most natural whey protein you can get? Any without fruculose and sucralose and all that stuff..?

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
whey protein isolate is the best. Noone responded cause a simple search could have told you that. Most of the bloating is due to the lactose in whey. Isolates have little to no lactose.

Jimbo15

Jimbo15

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • Established
I've been thinking of switching to American Whey, since it contains digestive enzymes (whey makes me bloated) and the profile looks good. The only thing is that it says it contains derivatives of soy. My question is what is the best/purest/most natural whey protein you can get? Any without fruculose and sucralose and all that stuff..?
If you are trying to avoid bloat then maybe you shouldn't be looking for the best whey protein. I would suggest trying peptopro. It is a pre-digested casein and has no bloat.

Check out this thread:
Better than whey protein powder - Maximum Absorbed Protein

T

thewolf49

Awards
  • Established
I'll probably go with Now Food's Whey Isolate. It's certified quality and I could take a tab of their protein digest with my shakes.

O

OCBrody1

Awards
If you are male, i would stay away from soy, it can elevate estrogen levels in men. But it is gonna be hard to find a Protein without sucralose, bc it is the cheapest sweetener, jay robb uses stevia but it is more expensive. You may wanna look at Lean Pro Matrix from NLN, i've been on that for a yr or so, it is 34 g pro per 1 scoop, 5 source protein, 1 fat 1 sugar, digestive enzymes, and it is effective.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
From a quality/cost/taste standpoint I am completely satisfied with NutraPro and I can't believe that it has not been mentioned. Look at the profile, it is excellent with 1 gram carb/fat and 24 grams of protein per serving. Sure it is not isolate but it is an isolate blend. IMO that I have taken pure Isolate and noticed no difference except easier digestion with the blends. If you are looking for an ultra high quality protein and cost is not an issue, you need to look no farther than Beverly International, they have some of the best if not the best. You need a fat wallet though if you are going to use it on the regular.

T

thewolf49

Awards
  • Established
If you are male, i would stay away from soy, it can elevate estrogen levels in men. But it is gonna be hard to find a Protein without sucralose, bc it is the cheapest sweetener, jay robb uses stevia but it is more expensive. You may wanna look at Lean Pro Matrix from NLN, i've been on that for a yr or so, it is 34 g pro per 1 scoop, 5 source protein, 1 fat 1 sugar, digestive enzymes, and it is effective.
Do you use it after your workout, since it's not all whey isolate?

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
If you can get CFM Whey Isolate, then you'll be set. It is the highest quality Protein Isolate you will find.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Work out maximizer has no lactose.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Look at the video and click the link. Good thing about there stuff is they have a money back something lot of stores don't do.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
Any particular company?
Any brand works. I customize my protein and order mine from protein factory, can't say the name here but I kind of given it to you just add .com. Its about $10/lb for CFM Whey Isolate

My current batch I am using contains:
50% CFM Whey Isolate
15% Super Plasma Protein
25% Tri-Fx (Whey Fraction)
10% PeptoPro

Added: Aminogen, Vitamins and Minerals, and Carbogen

Next time i will add a sweetner though, taste is fine but not great. I will be changing the formula next time as well.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What's the difference between tri fx and pepto pro

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Walmart, unless you enjoy raping your wallet for basic waaayyyyy overpriced ingredients... If you don't respond to it, there are other factors that obviously need to be evaluated.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
On 100%whey is good. Weird no one mentioned that

Jimbo15

Jimbo15

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • Established
From my understanding PeptoPro has shown to have the highest absorption, making it great for pre and post workout. It also has significantly higher muscle recovery attributes.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
I'm not exactly sure of the differences as they are two different types.

Tri-FX is by the same people who made CFM Whey Isolate. I'm only using 25% of it in my shake, so I would have to devide the numbers by 2 (not 4 since I use two scoops).

Tri-FX contains more than just protein. in 40g serving you get:

Protein 28 gm
TGF-ß 74.8 µg
IGF-1 7.2 µg
Immunoglobulins 2800 mg
Lactoferrin 400 mg
Phosphatidylcholine (PC) 400 mg
Phosphatidylserine (PS) 110 mg
Conjugated Linoleic Acid 20 m

As far as amino acid profile, it looks similar to PeptoPro with higher amount of certain amino acids.

I cannot speak about absorption rate between the two since I am not sure, however I am not looking for something that has to be absorpted over the next 5 seconds. That is why my next blend will contain slower, but high quality protein.

T

thewolf49

Awards
  • Established
Any brand works. I customize my protein and order mine from protein factory, can't say the name here but I kind of given it to you just add .com. Its about $10/lb for CFM Whey Isolate

My current batch I am using contains:
50% CFM Whey Isolate
15% Super Plasma Protein
25% Tri-Fx (Whey Fraction)
10% PeptoPro

Added: Aminogen, Vitamins and Minerals, and Carbogen

Next time i will add a sweetner though, taste is fine but not great. I will be changing the formula next time as well.
CFM vs. Super Plasma? What's the difference between those as well as the Tri-Fx?

And what's the best protein to use during the day/night for slow absorbtion

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
I am not really advocating what I am taking. When I did that blend, I did it to include different type of wheys into one powder although I may just stick with CFM Whey Isolate moving forward.

Pre workout, I take 2 scoops plus carbs. Post workout I take 1 scoop whey + 1 scoop Casein in skim milk with Oats and a banana.

Night time, I take Casein with skim milk, banana, and sometimes some oats. I use either Micellar Casein or Aussie Caseinate.

During the day, I take a mix of whey, egg, and casein protein (fast, medium, slow) plus some fats and carbs

I mix most of my shakes with skim milk, oats, and a banana or straberies

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Beef protein is also said to have higher absorption and is very fast. A company that makes gear is beef protein based I think claims to be the best. Pepto pro claims to be the best. Ever one claims to be the best but what do the studies show? I take workout maximizer because the studies I saw on it showed recovery and growth. I feel safe with it and its lactose free.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
CFM vs. Super Plasma? What's the difference between those as well as the Tri-Fx?

And what's the best protein to use during the day/night for slow absorbtion
It is really hard to tell you the difference between them, I myself not convinced that the speed of absorption is as important as people make it out to be or a justification for the price tag on some protein products. That is why I am deciding to do CFM Whey Isolate alone, or may add some Tri-FX for the extra stuff it has not sure yet. Plenty of protein on hand to go through as is.

H

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Best whey protein???

Well let us just say protein period:::

Any protein that is not absorbed so fast that it is taken up by the gut and intestines before it reaches the bloodstream <<<<Find that and you are set, forget any dynamic, 2012 inventions.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
Fast is not always good. Whey + Casein post workout is better than Whey by itself.

H

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Beef protein is also said to have higher absorption and is very fast. A company that makes gear is beef protein based I think claims to be the best. Pepto pro claims to be the best. Ever one claims to be the best but what do the studies show? I take workout maximizer because the studies I saw on it showed recovery and growth. I feel safe with it and its lactose free.
I've done as good or better taking in slow digesting proteins over the past several years when compared to fast digesting ones...I have used fast digesting proteins also, but the slow digesting proteins have always given me better results.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This is what is in it. Ingredients:
200 capsules per bottle
Each capsule contains:

Super plasma protein: 250mg
Hydrolized Caseinate aminos: 100mg
Whey Fraction complex: 100mg
BCAA's: 525mg
Aminogen and Bromalain: 50mg

They say its easier than protein factory protein as you take it with you and just pop 3-4 pills with each meal. Sounds like a good alternative to a shake since people hear seem to like food as there protein source this looks like a good option or even with shakes.

What about gear with peptopro?

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't replace protein shake with them since they don't have much amino acids in them to replace a shake, but to take with solid foods, sure.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It reminds me of anabolic pump but with out needing as much carbs in this case.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
Fast is not always good. Whey + Casein post workout is better than Whey by itself.
The effects of protein and amino acid supplementation on performance and training adaptations during ten weeks of resistance training.

The purpose of this study was to examine the effects of whey protein supplementation on body composition, muscular strength, muscular endurance, and anaerobic capacity during 10 weeks of resistance training. Thirty-six resistance-trained males (31.0 +/- 8.0 years, 179.1 +/- 8.0 cm, 84.0 +/- 12.9 kg, 17.8 +/- 6.6%) followed a 4 days-per-week split body part resistance training program for 10 weeks. Three groups of supplements were randomly assigned, prior to the beginning of the exercise program, in a double-blind manner to all subjects: 48 g per day (g.d(-1)) carbohydrate placebo (P), 40 g.d(-1) of whey protein + 8 g.d(-1) of casein (WC), or 40 g.d(-1) of whey protein + 3 g.d(-1) branched-chain amino acids + 5 g.d(-1) L-glutamine (WBG). At 0, 5, and 10 weeks, subjects were tested for fasting blood samples, body mass, body composition using dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry (DEXA), 1 repetition maximum (1RM) bench and leg press, 80% 1RM maximal repetitions to fatigue for bench press and leg press, and 30-second Wingate anaerobic capacity tests. No changes (p > 0.05) were noted in all groups for energy intake, training volume, blood parameters, and anaerobic capacity. WC experienced the greatest increases in DEXA lean mass (P = 0.0 +/- 0.9; WC = 1.9 +/- 0.6; WBG = -0.1 +/- 0.3 kg, p < 0.05) and DEXA fat-free mass (P = 0.1 +/- 1.0; WC = 1.8 +/- 0.6; WBG = -0.1 +/- 0.2 kg, p < 0.05). Significant increases in 1RM bench press and leg press were observed in all groups after 10 weeks. In this study, the combination of whey and casein protein promoted the greatest increases in fat-free mass after 10 weeks of heavy resistance training. Athletes, coaches, and nutritionists can use these findings to increase fat-free mass and to improve body composition during resistance training.

PMID: 16937979 [PubMed - in process]

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So peptopro is the way to go ? or not because they don't mention the type of casein source. Where these athletes trained or new to lifting. What source of whey was it? WPI WPC. So many variables that this study is very vague. It does not help us out at all.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
if you want to use PeptoPro I would imagine you would use it in place of Whey protein because it is fast absorbing, unlike your normal Casein protein. So I would say PeptoPro and Casein mix.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
any word on nutrapro?
ordered two 5lb bottles gonna get here wednesday.(vanilla and watermelon)

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
Nutrapro is Whey protein. It contains Ion Exchange Protein Whey Isolate and CFM Protein Whey Isolate. Personally not a fan of Ion Exchange, but it is also blended with the highest quality whey protein CFM Whey Isolate so it should be good.

If you want to mix it with Casein, then just get some Micellar Casein and take scoop of each in your shake. If you want to stick with Whey Protein, the price is excellent. $30 for 5lbs :)

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nutrapro is Whey protein. It contains Ion Exchange Protein Whey Isolate and CFM Protein Whey Isolate. Personally not a fan of Ion Exchange, but it is also blended with the highest quality whey protein CFM Whey Isolate so it should be good.

If you want to mix it with Casein, then just get some Micellar Casein and take scoop of each in your shake. If you want to stick with Whey Protein, the price is excellent. $30 for 5lbs :)
heard it was delicious and it doesnt get any cheaper than that

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
Here is another study, I will leave it to the big brains to interpret it better than i can.

Demling RH, DeSanti L. Effect of a hypocaloric diet, increased protein intake and resistance training on lean mass gains and fat mass loss in overweight police officers. Ann Nutr Metab. 2000;44(1):21-9.

We compare the effects of a moderate hypocaloric, high-protein diet and resistance training, using two different protein supplements, versus hypocaloric diet alone on body compositional changes in overweight police officers. A randomized, prospective 12-week study was performed comparing the changes in body composition produced by three different treatment modalities in three study groups. One group (n = 10) was placed on a nonlipogenic, hypocaloric diet alone (80% of predicted needs). A second group (n = 14) was placed on the hypocaloric diet plus resistance exercise plus a high-protein intake (1.5 g/kg/day) using a casein protein hydrolysate. In the third group (n = 14) treatment was identical to the second, except for the use of a whey protein hydrolysate. We found that weight loss was approximately 2.5 kg in all three groups. Mean percent body fat with diet alone decreased from a baseline of 27 +/- 1.8 to 25 +/- 1.3% at 12 weeks. With diet, exercise and casein the decrease was from 26 +/- 1.7 to 18 +/- 1.1% and with diet, exercise and whey protein the decrease was from 27 +/- 1.6 to 23 +/- 1.3%. The mean fat loss was 2. 5 +/- 0.6, 7.0 +/- 2.1 and 4.2 +/- 0.9 kg in the three groups, respectively. Lean mass gains in the three groups did not change for diet alone, versus gains of 4 +/- 1.4 and 2 +/- 0.7 kg in the casein and whey groups, respectively. Mean increase in strength for chest, shoulder and legs was 59 +/- 9% for casein and 29 +/- 9% for whey, a significant group difference. This significant difference in body composition and strength is likely due to improved nitrogen retention and overall anticatabolic effects caused by the peptide components of the casein hydrolysate.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
so if i read that correctly cassiene help a lot more in terms of muscle and fat loss?

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
when it boils down to it any protein works. but for the fastest recovery the best ive used has been MAP primordials peptopro.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
isnt hydrolized whey absorbed quicker than even isolate? I may be mistaken but I think it is- either way I use a combo of con/iso right now got some nutrapro otw though

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
quicker absorption is not always what you want though. The research did compare two hydrolized products, Whey and Casein.

However, Hydrolized Casein is not better than regular Casein. This article does better job of explaining it, however like I said previously, I would leave it to the smarter people to debate it and explain it more.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/research-review/casein-hydrolysate-and-anabolic-hormones-and-growth-research-review.html

Hopefully I can post links *crossing fingers*