Advice for son regarding Havoc

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoshorton

Awards
Greetings - My son is a 16 year old high school junior. He is preparing for his senior year as a 5a high school quarterback. He is currently 6'0" and weighing around 165 lbs.

He is not trying to bodybuild but increase mass and strength going in to next football season. He has a couple of teammates with good results from Havoc but research here and other forums has me highly concerned about using at his age.

From what I'm reading a cycle of Mass FX / Hyperdrol or something like Alpha Drive XL may be worth evaluating. However, it seems I could spend a year researching all the products out there, I'm just looking for some advice on what is safe that will produce results.

He has been lifting heavy for 2 years and has good muscle development and continuing to work out very hard. Coaches would like to see him at and 185-190 lbs by end of summer.

We are tight and he will follow whatever program I think makes sense. Can someone confirm if the above products are safe and effective or share an opinion or two?

Much appreciated.

triton185

triton185

Awards
  • Established
Holy sh*t! Your son should NOT be taking any kind of prohormone at his age! He should be taking protein and MAYBE creatine..............He just needs to eat and work hard! Havoc is basically a mild steroid!! Havoc will shutdown his natural production of testosterone and he will have to do post cycle therapy to get it back........absolutely stay away for that stuff at his age!!

SonicSWOLE

SonicSWOLE

Awards
  • Established
Holy sh*t! Your son should NOT be taking any kind of prohormone at his age! He should be taking protein and MAYBE creatine..............He just needs to eat and work hard! Havoc is basically a mild steroid!! Havoc will shutdown his natural production of testosterone and he will have to do post cycle therapy to get it back........absolutely stay away for that stuff at his age!!
This is good advice.

....and to Dad, Havoc is not a prohormone or a mild steroid....it is actually a fairly STRONG steroid. There are a lot of physiological implications here and it would be best to talk to your family doctor about those. It is a good thing you at least came to do some research here first, those other parents either didn't know or are foolhardy. Good luck, and best of health to your son.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Do you want your 16yr old to take STEROIDS? No? then that would be a NO!
His friends took a STEROID. Good job Pop. Stick with Creatine, Protein, and good clean food. Milk and Jesus.

shoshorton

Awards
Thanks for the quick response. I should have clarified - he is taking in roughly 3000 calories a day, taking force factor, and protein powder.

Not unlike most competitive kids, he sees peers making "fast" gains and wants the same. My understanding is creatine can cause dehydration among other things like upset stomach, etc. We are in arizona so we have high levels of heat, etc.

Any experience with Mass FX / Hyperdrol or Alpha Drive XL? Thanks again.

freefall365

freefall365

Awards
  • Established
Greetings - My son is a 16 year old high school junior. He is preparing for his senior year as a 5a high school quarterback. He is currently 6'0" and weighing around 165 lbs.

He is not trying to bodybuild but increase mass and strength going in to next football season. He has a couple of teammates with good results from Havoc but research here and other forums has me highly concerned about using at his age.

From what I'm reading a cycle of Mass FX / Hyperdrol or something like Alpha Drive XL may be worth evaluating. However, it seems I could spend a year researching all the products out there, I'm just looking for some advice on what is safe that will produce results.

He has been lifting heavy for 2 years and has good muscle development and continuing to work out very hard. Coaches would like to see him at and 185-190 lbs by end of summer.

We are tight and he will follow whatever program I think makes sense. Can someone confirm if the above products are safe and effective or share an opinion or two?

Much appreciated.
there are a few things you need to workout: he does not need a steroid to put on that weight/muscle at his age. But you asked, so obviously you are doing the right thing by getting yourself informed first.

He needs to eat more. period. at 6'0 165 he has a LOT of weight to put on naturally. He must be a stick right now. At his age, the weight will go right on if he eats and trains correctly. He needs to be eating constantly. cook him chicken to eat all day long as snacks. lots of oats and grains too. a huge breakfast every day. Tons of eggs and oatmeal every morning -- doing this will keep the appetite up all day long.. Gym 3 or 4 times a week for hour long sessions with very high intensity. learn how to train for mass and strength (heavy weight, low reps).

if you want this kid to be an athlete at the next level, you need to give him a good foundation or he will crumble and fail. steroids are not a good foundation. i hope you can make sense of this and get him on the right track. also buy him 100 lbs of whey protein if u want to buy something to help him.

shoshorton

Awards
Great input all. Steroids are absolutely out.

He is training very hard and eating like a horse. We will keep up the protein and potentially find the right form of creatine that may add a little boost.

Great that this format exists and thanks for all the help!

freefall365

freefall365

Awards
  • Established
also consider a "hard gainer" protein. eat every 2-3 hours of the day a small meal that includes protein.

triton185

triton185

Awards
  • Established
Man, it just amazes me that 16 year old kids are taking this stuff..........Props to you dad for checking this stuff out before letting your son take it.....Guys, the bans will continue and anything still out there is getting ready to be gone, gone, gone....for this very reason.

freefall365

freefall365

Awards
  • Established
Man, it just amazes me that 16 year old kids are taking this stuff.............Guys, the bans will continue and anything still out there is getting ready to be gone, gone, gone....for this very reason.
exactly. it's sickening. everything is going to be ruined for the responsible people by a few uneducated and ignorant. but isn't that always how it goes...

some kids want immediate results, get their hands on some gear, don't care to learn anything about how to use it properly, take it nonstop for 4 months straight with no PCT, wonder why their breasts are growing faster than the girl's at school, and their parents sue the company out of existence. sigh.

i really just wish you would be carded and it was enforced like when you buy beer and had to be 21 to touch anything hormonal. i think it would solve a lot of problems. sure would beat just banning everything.

Grey Warden

Awards

Much appreciated.
i'm guessing you are the 16 yr. old in question...

this is an exact repeat of the "is my 16 yr son too young for HGHpro" thread!

gymaddict20

gymaddict20

Awards
  • Established
Wow I am blown away by this. As it was stated above Havoc aka Epi is a steroid and a strong one at that. I persoanlly used Havoc a few times and saw huge gains with it. It is one of my favorite steroids. You should take action and let the coach / parents know the players are taking steroids as there may be some serious health issues to follow. The havoc will dehydrate them more than any creatine will.

Keep your son natural, he needs to eat 6-7 meals a day. The creatine is fine as long as he is hydrated. As far as hyperdrol or anything else goes I would stay away from it all. His friends will have health problems down the road and he will blow away any gains they are temporarily making. Yes, that is correct. All their gains will most likely be lost due to not having the correct PCT and being at such a young age. As soon and the juice stops, so will their muscle growth.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He is training very hard and eating like a horse.
if he's eating like a horse and its only 3000 calories, its a pretty small horse :) When i'm in full heavy training, I lose weight at 3000 cals a day. At his age, with workouts and practice etc, he should be taking in even more.

Another supplement nobody mentioned is Beta Alanine, which is handy and works well along with creatine monohydrate. Really as well, as far as the dehydration thing with creatine goes, all that means is upping water intake a bit. I've never heard of anyone having serious dehydration issues though. Outside of the creatine monohydrate and beta alanine, theres nothing else really appropriate at his age that will add appreciable benefit without causing more harm than good.

If he's having a hard time taking more calories in, there are a lot of ways to add some easy calories. He should reasonably be able to add close to a half pound of muscle a week naturally at his age/size, so could add 10-15lbs of just muscle in the time span you are talking about, and easily more overall mass with a little bit of water retention and fat added as well.

shoshorton

Awards
Grey Warden - You guessed completely wrong. I'm a 42 year old father who actually wants his son to succeed at whatever his passion, but not to the detriment of his health.

In my teen years it was decca / dbol and winstrol - effective but certainly not the healthy alternative. That should give you a clue as to how out of date I am with all the new technologies and supplements. Thanks to all for the info and feedback.

Basically need to get his caloric intake & appetite up and I agree he can reach target weight be end of June.

narraboth

Awards
  • Established
i don't think other stuff can replace Havoc, steroid is steroid, it will certainly give you result faster.
BUT, considering your son's future, even your son can not acheive the goal, maybe you should stop your son from using Havoc. Father doesn't need to be strict, but when your son is about to play fire, i am sure you will be strict. A young endocrine system and a young liver are very different from adult ones. Those who start drinking in teenage have much higher risk on liver disease...

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Also, consider his training routine. I would recommend ensuring that he is incorporating a lot of olympic lifts. Oly lifts are about as good as it gets for packing on size.

MOD EDIT: Wrong forum, question answered, and we don't condone nor want to even talk about teens using these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.