whey protein from walmart?

at1010

Awards
  • Established
I just bought the whey protein shots from walmart. They have have 26 grams of protein in them and i bought them for days i am in a rush. What do you guys think of these any good?

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just bought the whey protein shots from walmart. They have have 26 grams of protein in them and i bought them for days i am in a rush. What do you guys think of these any good?
I use the cheap walmart sh*t, works for me.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
something is better than nothing when you're in a bind.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
SonicSWOLE

SonicSWOLE

Awards
  • Established

It is so convenient!!! It makes me pee out my butt. Now I can do both businesses at once!!!! Yay Walmart!!!!:dance2:

suresha

Awards
  • Established
i myself purchased some from walmart a few times also, definitely served it's purpose, and have no problem buying again if needed

sithmoney

Awards
I wondered the same thing because it was walmart..but that body fortress stuff is pretty good..works for me..price per serving is real good.

cgoode

cgoode

Awards
  • Established
never pay more then 19 for five lbs? idk what protein ur using the walmart brands taste like chemicals, give me a stomach cramp and make me piss out my butt....im not saying to buy the most expensive protein around but man u must have intestines of steel

suresha

Awards
  • Established
no question, i was droppin stink bombs all day but other than that no butt squirts.lol

pdredman72

pdredman72

Awards
lol yessurrr! I wouldn't pay more than 20 bucks for 5 pounds personally.
agree with ya on that!!the body fortress is ten bucks for 2.2 and six star is about 13 and they both work as good as anything out there espeacially if you dont like wippin your @$$ with 20 dollar bills!!

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
It does the job of whey, but in my experience, I used it for a few years, and digestion got worse and worse. I switched to American Whey(dont usse any whey anymore) and the difference was night and day.

at1010

Awards
  • Established
yea i have not had any problems with their powder. I have bought the body fortress shots though. I normally lift then do a light cardio(incline walk). I was thinking about bringing a shot to the gym and doing it b4 i start my cardio. Then when i come home after all my workouts making a regular powder shake. You think thats to much?

Dyou

Dyou

Awards
  • Established
Wow... You guys are seriously saying its the walmart protein giving you squirts? I think you have bigger probs lol. Its all i use and i have no digestive probs. Not the shots but the tub

freepaystheso

Awards
Ive been using the whey protein from body fortress and got major gains. Its affordable and it works.

hog928

Awards
  • Established
dam u guys have a good stomach i cant drink any of that lol i will throw it up the second i drink it lol its terrible. I guess im will to pay the extra for a good taste but lucky u guys can i wish i could

at1010

Awards
  • Established
anyone read my post and have any input? I can drink the stuff easy powder or shots. should i use the dosage i referred to earlier.

cgoode

cgoode

Awards
  • Established
I dunno I take amminogen daily with other probiotics and multis...it seems like any whey protein concentrates give me troubles....i generally have to go isolate or casein

Dyou

Dyou

Awards
  • Established
yea i have not had any problems with their powder. I have bought the body fortress shots though. I normally lift then do a light cardio(incline walk). I was thinking about bringing a shot to the gym and doing it b4 i start my cardio. Then when i come home after all my workouts making a regular powder shake. You think thats to much?
I would rather use a BCAA powder pre workout but the shots are fine

at1010

Awards
  • Established
i use bcaa before i lift. I just lift and then i do cardio. I was thinking about doing the shot after i lift b4 the cardio.

vadox6466

protein is protein, the only thing with the walmart brand is that it tastes like sh*t

superfreak

Awards
walmart protein is whey concentrate which means less pure and less absorption. Whey isolate is better, whey hydrolysate is best.

SonicSWOLE

SonicSWOLE

Awards
  • Established
protein is protein, the only thing with the walmart brand is that it tastes like sh*t

Uhhhh, no. Read the ingredient list. I like to take my creatine seperate. The protein at Walmart is manufactured by Iovate(both Muscle Fortress and Six Star), the parent company of Muscle Tech. This is the same formula as the OLD(and I mean 6 or so years ago) Nitro Tech. So, why the difference? It seems to me that there is a difference in quality. You guys that say protein is protein crack me the F*** up. You obviously don't know what your putting in your mouth, as I guess you haven't read the label. As far as the protein shots.........I'll pass on 'hydrolyzed gelatin' as a main protein source. Gross!

SonicSWOLE

SonicSWOLE

Awards
  • Established
:thinking:
walmart protein is whey concentrate which means less pure and less absorption. Whey isolate is better, whey hydrolysate is best.
Why? :thinking: Do you know that for a fact, or is that something that you heard?

unc21

unc21

Awards
  • Established
Uhhhh, no. Read the ingredient list. I like to take my creatine seperate. The protein at Walmart is manufactured by Iovate(both Muscle Fortress and Six Star), the parent company of Muscle Tech. This is the same formula as the OLD(and I mean 6 or so years ago) Nitro Tech. So, why the difference? It seems to me that there is a difference in quality. You guys that say protein is protein crack me the F*** up. You obviously don't know what your putting in your mouth, as I guess you haven't read the label. As far as the protein shots.........I'll pass on 'hydrolyzed gelatin' as a main protein source. Gross!

Agreed.

I would assume all of their raw materials come from the same place and end up in the different products. And as you stated, very similar to the old Nitro tech product

wedlund6

Awards
  • Established
i think these are the same ppl who bulk up with mc donalds

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
It's cheap. I use it all the time and have no problems.

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
I don't buy at Wal-Mart but do on ocassion buy from Target when I'm out of protein and no online retailer is running specials on protien. I'm like TripDog, I ain't paying of $25 for 5lbs. Lately I'm enjoying LG Sciences Lipotropic Protein

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
I try to save where I can but cheap protein is not one of them, Quality over quantity. 5lbs of sheyat for $10 is still 5lbs of sheyat.

vadox6466

uhh, if I get 20g of protein in a scoop of crappy walmart brand protein, I'm getting 20g of protein. If i get 20g of protein in some expensive brand, I'm also getting 20g of protein. Ultimately no difference

pdredman72

pdredman72

Awards
It's cheap. I use it all the time and have no problems.
agreed i went from 160 -230 in @ 9 months using six star or body fotress 3 outta the 4 weeks a month and i have thrown in an ocassional expensive tub and not see any difference?although i do want to try pro charge cause ive heard good things?anyone here use it??

Dyou

Dyou

Awards
  • Established
So what is so horrible about walmart protein? What am I putting in my mouth now that will make me want to spend 2 to 3 times more?

SonicSWOLE

SonicSWOLE

Awards
  • Established
uhh, if I get 20g of protein in a scoop of crappy walmart brand protein, I'm getting 20g of protein. If i get 20g of protein in some expensive brand, I'm also getting 20g of protein. Ultimately no difference
There is around 20g of protein in 100g of the bark from a Black Locust Tree. Try that out and let me know if there is a difference in protein.....

............yes, there is a difference.

SonicSWOLE

SonicSWOLE

Awards
  • Established
So what is so horrible about walmart protein? What am I putting in my mouth now that will make me want to spend 2 to 3 times more?
Some may like it...and if you do, that is good for you. I find I don't want creatine and all the other additives in my protein. It makes it hard for me to digest, and obviously, if it is out seconds after going in I do not get the full benefits of the protein. I also prefer a higher quality mix of proteins, you do get what you pay for.

Dyou

Dyou

Awards
  • Established
I wonder what it is that keeps making a few people say they cant digest it well. All proteins be it the expensive or cheap ones give me a little gas but other than that I have never noticed any difference at all.

Frequency

Frequency

Awards
  • Established
Man that **** is 15bucks in any walmart ive been to in GA. 5lbs of Nutrapro for 30 bucks is a good deal to me. Also comparing whey to protein in bark is not the same as comparing whey from two different companies.

superfreak

Awards
:thinking:

Why? :thinking: Do you know that for a fact, or is that something that you heard?
Ive read about it in fitness magazines but im sure there is some science to back it up. I believe the main difference between them are the rate of absorption/digestibility and purity. Whey isolate and hydrosylate powder are higher in protein content which means less fat and carbs.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
12.99$ just got myself some body fortress choco peanut butter, brand new at least at my walmart. Best tasting choco pb I've ever had, and I've tried at least 5-10 different kinds.

Frequency

Frequency

Awards
  • Established
12.99$ just got myself some body fortress choco peanut butter, brand new at least at my walmart. Best tasting choco pb I've ever had, and I've tried at least 5-10 different kinds.
Man not only is it overprice where i live but all we get is choclate, vanilla, and strawberry, and they all blow in the flavor department. I usually buy choclate and mix it with coffee and milk.

SonicSWOLE

SonicSWOLE

Awards
  • Established
Man that **** is 15bucks in any walmart ive been to in GA. 5lbs of Nutrapro for 30 bucks is a good deal to me. Also comparing whey to protein in bark is not the same as comparing whey from two different companies.
IF your body isn't digesting the powder(as is the case with me), that a comparison to bark is just the same. I don't think my GI will process the protein from the tree bark either(okay, okay, I haven't tried though). But again, if your body is tolerant of it, than good for you. There are still much better options out there.

Frequency

Frequency

Awards
  • Established
IF your body isn't digesting the powder(as is the case with me), that a comparison to bark is just the same. I don't think my GI will process the protein from the tree bark either(okay, okay, I haven't tried though). But again, if your body is tolerant of it, than good for you. There are still much better options out there.
your body is digesting the powder. Whey is the most bio available protein so what makes you think the spray drying process used in Body Fortress's whey concentrate makes their whey any less digestible than anyone elses?

BigBeazy

BigBeazy

Awards
  • Established
It's a joke lol.

triton185

triton185

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I guess there are also people who will not buy generic ibuprofen and spend extra for advil........................................................Compare the absolute "best" protein to this and tell me how much of a difference there is.....quantify it for me as far difference in absorbtion etc.....

triton185

triton185

Awards
  • Established
Actually, I really don't give a sh*t about all that because I like the Walmart protein and will keep using it but I just felt like making some of you naysayers work a little to support your positions....ha ha

SonicSWOLE

SonicSWOLE

Awards
  • Established
your body is digesting the powder. Whey is the most bio available protein so what makes you think the spray drying process used in Body Fortress's whey concentrate makes their whey any less digestible than anyone elses?
You don't get it do you? It is not the protein itself. It is the additives. That is why I used the tree bark analogy. You could take 100% whey hydrolysate and mix it with sunflower seed shells and corn kernals....there is high protein concentrate, but it won't all(or much) get absorbed. You'll just end up with a pretty picture in your bowl. With these brands, the protein itself may even be a good quality whey, it is the additives that are suspect.

BF Profile

Ingredients: Super Whey Protein Blend (Whey Protein
Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate), Super Recovery
Blend (Creatine Monohydrate, Taurine, L-Glutamine,
Leucine, Isoleucine, Valine), Cocoa (processed with
alkali), Natural and Artificial Flavors, Soy Lecithin,
Cellulose Gum, Acesulfame Potassium, Sunflower
Lecithin, Sucralose.

NutraPro profile

INGREDIENTS: Ultra pure, instantized ion-exchanged whey protein concentrate, ultra pure cross-flow microfiltration whey protein isolate, soy lecithin, natural and artificial flavors, sucralose, acesulfame potassium.

There is a difference in the protein used itself, but again, it is the additives that should be suspect as well.

BigBeazy

BigBeazy

Awards
  • Established
Listen, If the Mother Company makes Muscle Tech, that should be an instant no brainer.