Capping help (math involved)

  1. Senior Member
    liquid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,609
    Rep Power
    110496
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    76.65%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Capping help (math involved)


    I got some 1,3 dimethyl/geranium oil, 5 grams worth (planning to get 5 more).

    The aim is to get 25mgs per cap.

    After that, I am stuck.

    I am able to measure out 25mgs, however with the inclusion of a filler (corn starch), how am I able to figure out from there?

    Using 00 caps, with a Cap em Quick set.

  2. Senior Member
    Killerkanadia's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,861
    Rep Power
    9479
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    48.76%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    How many total mgs fit in a cap?

    I don't know a lot about capping but if i know that i can do the math
  3. Elite Member
    SilentBob187's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    7,851
    Rep Power
    11116
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    25.83%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Using 00 it says that they can hold between 546 - 1092mg of product. That all depends on the volume of the ingredients you're mixing. More dense would be closer to 1g, less dense would be closer to 546mg.

    1) Find out how much starch one of your 00 caps can hold.

    2) that amount * 50, put in mortar

    3) Add 1.25g (0.25mg * 50 caps) of 1,3d in to the mix.

    4) Mortar and Pestle or shake the weewee out of that mix.

    5) cap em quik and watch a show/movie

    6) Should fill 50-51 caps with ~24-25mg 1,3d each.

    It's not going to be 100% perfect but it should be damn close to 25mg per cap.

    GICH!
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    Killerkanadia's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,861
    Rep Power
    9479
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    48.76%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Like he said, weight and volume are two different but you should be able to get close.

    For example, 5,000mg of geranium split into 25mg is 200 caps. You probably figured that out. So from there you figure out the total amount that 200 caps will hold.

    Lets pretend that the 00 holds 750mg total. So you want 725mg corn starch and 25mg geranium, 200 times.

    725x200=145g corn starch
    25x200=5g geranium
  5. Elite Member
    SilentBob187's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    7,851
    Rep Power
    11116
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    25.83%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Killerkanadia View Post
    Lets pretend that the 00 holds 750mg total. So you want 725mg corn starch and 25mg geranium, 200 times.

    725x200=145g corn starch
    25x200=5g geranium
    That could be problematic. Corn starch can be tamped down A LOT, I don't know if all 725mg would fit in to one 00 cap. It's very light and 725mg of corn starch might be more voluminous than we think. If it does fit, awesome; if not, there may be a few potent caps and a few bunk caps in the mix when he goes to fill them.

    Measure twice, cap once.

    At least it's just 1,3d and not something really crazy.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  6. Senior Member
    liquid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,609
    Rep Power
    110496
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    76.65%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    Using 00 it says that they can hold between 546 - 1092mg of product. That all depends on the volume of the ingredients you're mixing. More dense would be closer to 1g, less dense would be closer to 546mg.

    1) Find out how much starch one of your 00 caps can hold.

    2) that amount * 50, put in mortar

    3) Add 1.25g (0.25mg * 50 caps) of 1,3d in to the mix.

    4) Mortar and Pestle or shake the weewee out of that mix.

    5) cap em quik and watch a show/movie

    6) Should fill 50-51 caps with ~24-25mg 1,3d each.

    It's not going to be 100% perfect but it should be damn close to 25mg per cap.

    GICH!
    Quote Originally Posted by Killerkanadia View Post
    Like he said, weight and volume are two different but you should be able to get close.

    For example, 5,000mg of geranium split into 25mg is 200 caps. You probably figured that out. So from there you figure out the total amount that 200 caps will hold.

    Lets pretend that the 00 holds 750mg total. So you want 725mg corn starch and 25mg geranium, 200 times.

    725x200=145g corn starch
    25x200=5g geranium
    Thanks broskis!!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Charity Powerlifting Meet - Get Involved!
    By borobulker in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-25-2010, 01:10 PM
  2. Love & Hormones, Which ones are involved?
    By lovehack in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-26-2009, 02:07 PM
  3. Arg, Fiancey got involved with readers choice>?
    By Dr Liftalot in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-09-2006, 12:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in