Citrulline Malate dosing - AnabolicMinds.com

Citrulline Malate dosing

  1. Jag
    Advanced Member
    Jag's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  272 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    666
    Rep Power
    18895

    Reputation

    Citrulline Malate dosing


    Anyone ever use Citrulline in high doses?

    I love the Citrulline / Beta Alanine combo but due to price, only use 5-6g of CM pre workout only.

    Finally, now i can get good deals and was thinking of upping the dose but first i'd like to know if anyone else has and the results they got. I don'twant to use high doses if it doesn't do anything.

  2. Professional Member
    ConcreteConny's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,054
    Rep Power
    50220

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jag View Post
    Anyone ever use Citrulline in high doses?

    I love the Citrulline / Beta Alanine combo but due to price, only use 5-6g of CM pre workout only.

    Finally, now i can get good deals and was thinking of upping the dose but first i'd like to know if anyone else has and the results they got. I don'twant to use high doses if it doesn't do anything.
    Don't know what you consider a high dose but I've ran it @ 4-5g along with a bunch of other ingredients

    //CC
    SNS - Serious Nutrition Solutions
    My advice is exclusively my own and may not correspond with the views of SNS
    Questions or concerns? → conny[@]seriousnutritionsolutions.com
  3. Elite Member
    halfhuman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,173
    Rep Power
    1217172

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Ivtake beta alanine alone at 2grams pre and post not sure if you get more of a kick but 2grams seems to be sufficent enough. Never really took cm but lookingvinto trying it out.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    MBSowards's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  239 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    66
    Rep Power
    97

    Reputation

    I see no real reason to dose any higher than 6grams/day.
  5. Advanced Member
    freefall365's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    28
    Posts
    770
    Rep Power
    1036

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by halfhuman View Post
    Ivtake beta alanine alone at 2grams pre and post not sure if you get more of a kick but 2grams seems to be sufficent enough. Never really took cm but lookingvinto trying it out.
    why alanine post?
  6. Elite Member
    halfhuman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,173
    Rep Power
    1217172

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I've read to take it 2-3times per day
  7. New Member
    MBSowards's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  239 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    66
    Rep Power
    97

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by freefall365 View Post
    why alanine post?
    As long as you're getting 3-6 grams of BA throughout the day, the timing isn't really important. The consistent dosing will lead to the benefit. There aren't really any time specific advantages to Beta Alanine intake.
  8. Elite Member
    halfhuman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,173
    Rep Power
    1217172

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Is good to take beta with creatine as itvworjs better together.
  9. Elite Member
    halfhuman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,173
    Rep Power
    1217172

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    So I suggest taking it pre and post but there's no time frame but I believe it works better that way and if you want an extra dose in the am. But more than 6grams is to much.
  10. Professional Member
    tnubs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,248
    Rep Power
    23617

    Reputation

    what about nutraplant's brand CM that says 2:1 at the top of the page compared to the other brand thats actually cheaper. are they the same thing?
    CELTIC LABS REP
  11. Jag
    Advanced Member
    Jag's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  272 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    666
    Rep Power
    18895

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by tnubs View Post
    what about nutraplant's brand CM that says 2:1 at the top of the page compared to the other brand thats actually cheaper. are they the same thing?
    Nutaplanet is the brand i use. Their Beta Alanine as well.

    I've tried these 2 supps in so many combinations, including trying each solo but the combination is unbeatable.

    I only train 4 days a week so i only use the CM 4 days a week but was considering increasing that to daily on off days and twice a day on training days.
  12. Jag
    Advanced Member
    Jag's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  272 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    666
    Rep Power
    18895

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteConny View Post
    Don't know what you consider a high dose but I've ran it @ 4-5g along with a bunch of other ingredients

    //CC
    I was thinking 12-18 grams over 2-3 doses.
  13. New Member
    MBSowards's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  239 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    66
    Rep Power
    97

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jag View Post
    I was thinking 12-18 grams over 2-3 doses.
    Honestly I think the most benefit you're going to get from it would probably be at 6 or so grams. I think if you were dosing higher than 10 it'd be like throwing it away.

    If you must a 5/5 or 6/4 split would probably be the most effective.

    One before workout and one any other time in the day, with the bigger dose (if you go 6/4) preworkout.
  14. mw1
    Sponsor
    mw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,731
    Rep Power
    3264744

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    6 grams is the target dose -any less and you are'nt getting much out of it

    Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

    mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    Cycle Assist $23.50 shipped http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...edge-labs.html
  15. Board Sponsor
    Royd The Noyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,234
    Rep Power
    624367

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

  16. New Member
    SonicSWOLE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    297
    Rep Power
    251

    Reputation

    Interesting. I'll be upping my PW dose. Thanks guys.
  17. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    27,759
    Rep Power
    10751401

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by SonicSWOLE View Post
    Interesting. I'll be upping my PW dose. Thanks guys.
    i was on incarnate for about a month, seeing nice results. then i noticed body octane had ba and cit mal and i really liked body octane, so i bought some cit mal and started taking 3 gms with my doses of incarnate-the difference was immediate and dramatic, stayed on this for another 2 months-been a fan of cit mal every since. i don't think 6-8 gms cit mal is needed in one dose, i think splitting it into 2 doses would show same effects.
  18. Professional Member
    tnubs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,248
    Rep Power
    23617

    Reputation

    so basically, if you took the cit mal in the morning you would have the same benefit if you took it pre workout (if u lift at night)? so should i be taking this in my off days too?
    CELTIC LABS REP
  19. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    27,759
    Rep Power
    10751401

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by tnubs View Post
    so basically, if you took the cit mal in the morning you would have the same benefit if you took it pre workout (if u lift at night)? so should i be taking this in my off days too?
    if you are only dosing once a day take it before workout.
  20. New Member
    SonicSWOLE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    297
    Rep Power
    251

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    i was on incarnate for about a month, seeing nice results. then i noticed body octane had ba and cit mal and i really liked body octane, so i bought some cit mal and started taking 3 gms with my doses of incarnate-the difference was immediate and dramatic, stayed on this for another 2 months-been a fan of cit mal every since. i don't think 6-8 gms cit mal is needed in one dose, i think splitting it into 2 doses would show same effects.
    Currently I take 3g 3-4x day. I may just be upping the PW dose and see if any difference.
  21. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    27,759
    Rep Power
    10751401

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by SonicSWOLE View Post
    Currently I take 3g 3-4x day. I may just be upping the PW dose and see if any difference.
    upping the pw might be cheaper than 12 gms of bulk cit mal daily, lol.
  22. New Member
    SonicSWOLE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    297
    Rep Power
    251

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    upping the pw might be cheaper than 12 gms of bulk cit mal daily, lol.
    Eh, T, you know me and all my bulk supplies......expenses? No worries. Kilos of HMB do tend to get expensive though. :P
  23. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    27,759
    Rep Power
    10751401

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by SonicSWOLE View Post
    Eh, T, you know me and all my bulk supplies......expenses? No worries. Kilos of HMB do tend to get expensive though. :P
    my wife would cut off my balls if i bought a kilo of hmb, lol.
  24. New Member
    SonicSWOLE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    297
    Rep Power
    251

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    my wife would cut off my balls if i bought a kilo of hmb, lol.
    Lol, yeah I know what you mean. I just finally came clean about my 'little black bag'. Turned out better than expected, actually.
  25. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    27,759
    Rep Power
    10751401

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by SonicSWOLE View Post
    Lol, yeah I know what you mean. I just finally came clean about my 'little black bag'. Turned out better than expected, actually.
    i aint fessin up to nothin, what she don't know can't hurt me.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. AAKG / Citrulline Malate dosing question
    By Harry Manback in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-01-2009, 01:36 AM
  2. Citrulline Malate vs Di-L-Arginine-L-Malate
    By jazzman21 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-15-2008, 01:06 PM
  3. SD and Citrulline Malate?
    By Mach .78 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-29-2005, 01:44 PM
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-05-2004, 09:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in