Too much?

vector18

vector18

Awards
I'm feeling lately like I have so many supps, it's crazy. Do I really need to take all these supplements? What if I stopped? Are they really working? What
do you guys think? How many pills of what do you guys take?
I am taking ON's multi, CLA, fish oil, paravol test boost, vitamin d3 with flaxseed oil, a thermogenic fat burner, L-carnitine pills, biotin, and milk thistle.
Than I have whey protein powder, greens powder, waxymaize, and casein powder. It's like a never ending
journey to the vitamin shoppe. And the more I see, the more I want to take.
Does everyone else feel this way? What do you do about it? LOL!

gbeast

Awards
i am the same way. i waste so much money on supps and my stash grows so much larger. i think i just need to focus on actually lifting and eating right along with protein and other basics. theres always something new that i want to try out but i end up not liking the product.

vector18

vector18

Awards
and it's so annoying, take this one on a full stomach, take this one on an empty stomach, take this one 3x a day, take this one before breakfast, take this one before bedtime. This
is getting out of hand! LOL!

gbeast

Awards
lmfao yeah it gets annoying. for now on unless the supplement is completely new and innovative and stuff im not buying it lol. working out is like a full time job

skrypt

Awards
I've felt this way for a long time, but just a few days ago started a thread to address it. Check the thread out, you might find some answers; the thread is called "Had a revelation / need advice" (obviously without the quotes). I would just post the link, but I'm apparently three posts away from being able to do that. Regardless, check it out, you might arrive at the same conclusion I did.

seunim

seunim

Awards
  • Established
I was in the same boat and cycled off of everything for a month, except my multi, fish oil, and protein. It gave my system a break and when I started up again, I felt the additional supps were more effective.

Balance

Balance

Awards
I also recently took a short break (a little over 3 weeks) away from everything except a multi while traveling. I went off of creatine, aakg, fish oil, bcaas, glutamine, etc. even protein for 2 of the weeks. I was also not lifting during this time since I was nowhere close to a gym.
The main thing I noticed coming off of was the creatine, not feeling that full feeling anymore, and of course this also had to do with the lack of pump/soreness from lifting. I did not really notice too much change in my health, but I did loose some weight, about 5 pounds. I would attribute this to coming off of creatine and also just slacking on my diet while on vacation. Yes slacking on my diet causes me to loose weight not gain it lol

vector18

vector18

Awards
Balance, I'm guessing not lifting and not taking creatine was a factor in your weight loss.
And the diet was secondary. You probably were eating less calories since you were away
from home. I'm surprised all your lost was 5 lbs in that amount of time?

Balance

Balance

Awards
Well what I was eating was pretty high calorie (resort food) and I wasn't doing a whole lot of physical activity, so I think that helped in not loosing too much. Im back at it now and the weight is slowly coming back on, takes so much longer than loosing it tho :grumpy:

Liftingstud

Awards
  • Established
Have gone back to essentials only... Multi, whey and casien protein, waxy maize and a preworkout for the energy after work.

Have spent way too much on supplements that my have mildly helped with grow and recovery. Only true supplement are anabolics. Best bang for ur buck esp if used properly. Seen gutys run a test booster, an AI, nutrient partioner, gh support and for what maybe a lbs or 2 extra? Why waste the money. Get couple bottles of test. Feel great, great libido and great gains. Just my 2 cents these days.