OxyElite Pro (Rauwolscine = Yohimbine)

chaser103

Awards
Wondering if anyone can tell me if Rauwolscine, which is a main ingredient in OxyElite Pro the same as Yohimbine. I remember someone mentioning that they are basically the same ingredient with a different name. Yohimbine can give some individual bad side effects without that person knowing, which includes high blood pressure. You would never know if you didn't check blood pressure after usage. Everything I've read seems to suggest they are the same. Can anybody elaborate on the difference..... if any?

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Yes. Rauwolscine is alpha-yohimbine. From what I understand it's supposed to provide the same pros of regular yohimbine without all of the negative sides associated with yohimbine.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Can't elaborate, but yohimbine is a strange product. It decreases your ability to lower norepenephrine when youve produced to much, so the harder you work, the more yohimbine becomes bad for you...I wrote this befor I saw Silent Bobs response, but I imagine it would still apply to an extent.

chaser103

Awards
Good comment Kingdong.... and very interesting......I will continue researching Rauwolscine to see if I can dig more deeper into it's chemical make-up.

chaser103

Awards
Can't elaborate, but yohimbine is a strange product. It decreases your ability to lower norepenephrine when youve produced to much, so the harder you work, the more yohimbine becomes bad for you...I wrote this befor I saw Silent Bobs response, but I imagine it would still apply to an extent.
I would have to agree with you....I am not sure if the good outweight the bad when it comes to Yohimbine or even Rauwolscine. I know its very effective as a fat butner, but at what cost????? More to follow!

rottie76

Awards
  • Established
Yes, Rauwolscine gives me the same sides as yohimbine :(

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
C21H26N2O3

Hunting for more info...

chaser103

Awards
Dr. D can you take a shot at this or anyone else? Can these two ingredients effect the body in the same manner or is Rawolscine a safer alternate? Anyone else care to take a shot at it?

chaser103

Awards
Found an interesting article posted by Dsade on Alpha-Yohimbine. See below.

Originally Posted by dsade
Alpha-yohimbine is superior to regular yohimbine, both with binding affinities to the a2 receptor subtypes and central dopaminergic action/tone.

It accounts for a MASSIVE enhancement of motivation and focus, with ZERO anxiety, no vascular constriction/bp or heart rate increases, annihilates appetite, and improves adipostat controls (central signal to the body on how much caloric expenditure to allow).

zb126

Awards
  • Established

Alpha-yohimbine is superior to regular yohimbine, both with binding affinities to the a2 receptor subtypes and central dopaminergic action/tone.

It accounts for a MASSIVE enhancement of motivation and focus, with ZERO anxiety, no vascular constriction/bp or heart rate increases, annihilates appetite, and improves adipostat controls (central signal to the body on how much caloric expenditure to allow).
very interesting, thanks for posting that

steve_81

Awards

Yeah, I believe he has it in Alpha Burn if I'm not mistaken.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
So has anyone tried this stuff solo to see if it really is the "no bad yohimbine"?

SokVichet

SokVichet

Awards
  • Established
I absolutely LOVE rauwolscine. However, with consistent use, it causes my sinuses to become severely congested. Heartbroken.

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive used Oep and really liked it. I didnt know anything about the Rauwolscine. Ill be throwing this into my Fat loss stack, wich primarily consist of Derma Therm Target, CLA and GTE.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
the proper name is Rauwolscine.
bump for USP

Whats the diff between R Canscens and R serpentina?

they are very similar, seems like R canscens is trinidad devil pepper which is supposedly more potent, but how do the 2 compare, or does it not matter as long as they are extracted to Rauwolscine

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So has anyone tried this stuff solo to see if it really is the "no bad yohimbine"?
I can tolerate OEP 100% better than any other supp with yohimbine in it (and I've tried dozens over the years)...with yohim. my heart races, mouth salivates, usually feel like crap...OEP, feel great, no sides other than energy & sweats esp in the lower body....just start with one cap though and build up to 2 @ a time...powerful stuff...

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
I've used oep and y and the oep gave me no sides compared to the y

chaser103

Awards
So I guess it is safe to say that Yohimbine and Rauwolscine are slightly different ingredients. Is it safe to say most people who use OEP will not experience the same nasty sides as with Yohimbine.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So I guess it is safe to say that Yohimbine and Rauwolscine are slightly different ingredients. Is it safe to say most people who use OEP will not experience the same nasty sides as with Yohimbine.
Correct.

james122

james122

Awards
  • Established
safe to say that for me, halfway through the oep at2 stack right now, no sides for me, cept fatloss :fing02:

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established

This is more of a marketing tool than a true statement, in my experience. I can attest that I have the same ugly sides with alpha-y as I do with yohimbe. I loathe Y in any form.

WeaponX1984

WeaponX1984

Awards
  • Established
I absolutely LOVE rauwolscine. However, with consistent use, it causes my sinuses to become severely congested. Heartbroken.
This is the exact same thing that I got, i had to stop the Alpha-Y and was not too pleased

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm on my third week on oep and at2. And i uped my dose to 2;2 at2 and 2:1 oep. Working great. Love the stack.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I got a ton of respect for Dsade but man, for me personally, these comments are a bit off.

While I tried the alpha-Yo, I STILL had anxiety, tachycardia, and blood pressure elevations from this stuff.

MUCH Cleaner than regular Yohimbe OR Yohimbine HCL all day long IMHO. Good stuff, but certainly not that CLEAN!

Now for some reason, USP's OEP and PES's T2 products, even used in combination, have been much less problematic for me although I still get a bit of the same issues, just to a lessor degree.

chaser103

Awards
Each person responses differently, but a good way to gauge the effects would is by checking blood pressure before taking and measuring 30 to 1 hour later. As you know, ones blood pressure can become elevated to dangerous levels without any symptoms. Has anyone taken any blood pressure readings to verify? If not, I just ordered a bottle of OEP, so I will test and provide feedback in the coming days.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Each person responses differently, but a good way to gauge the effects would is by checking blood pressure before taking and measuring 30 to 1 hour later. As you know, ones blood pressure can become elevated to dangerous levels without any symptoms. Has anyone taken any blood pressure readings to verify? If not, I just ordered a bottle of OEP, so I will test and provide feedback in the coming days.
I did not. Will wait to see for ur response on ur mini experiment.

chaser103

Awards
Started taking Oxyelite 4 days ago and blood pressure seems to be in check....will continue to monitor and provide feedback in about a week.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Started taking Oxyelite 4 days ago and blood pressure seems to be in check....will continue to monitor and provide feedback in about a week.
Good! Thanx for the update

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Taken from the The Science of H.E.A.T. Stack by: Caleb Stone

Alpha-Y is an analogue of yohimbine, but its potency at the subreceptors of alpha2 differs quite a bit--most notably at the alpha2b and alpha2c adrenergic subreceptors. It is 3 times more potent at alpha2b and 4 times more potent at alpha2c. It is equipotent at alpha2a (45).

Alpha-Y’s superior potency at the other receptors lets us hit them hard, while moderating activity at alpha2a. Alpha2a is the primary receptor subtype, making up 90% (46). It mediates most the classic effects of alpha2 receptor blockade such as increased NE, heart rate, blood pressure, and anxiety (47).

Alpha2a inhibition increases NE by up to 200% while increasing dopamine by only about 80% (48). Disruption of this subreceptor also increases corticosterone (rat version of cortisol) by 100-200% (49). And as we have discussed, these would have negative long-term consequences on the adipostat.

The alpha2c receptor on the other hand, plays only a minor role in the negative feedback signal on NE, but it plays a major role in certain brain areas where sympathetic innervation is low, and the dopamine system is prominent (50). These just happen to be the areas that are critical for reward, reinforcement, and metabolic control, such as the VMH, VTA, and striatum (51). In these areas, dopamine is the primary agonist at alpha2 receptors, and alpha2c makes up the majority of these receptors (52).

Thus, it will block dopamine’s negative feedback signal and increase dopaminergic tone. The dopamine precursor, L-dopa, is higher in alpha2c knockout mice (53). A2c disruption increases, and overexpression decreases, the response to amphetamine stimulation (54). Alpha2c activation (which would decrease dopamine) results in behavioral despair (depression) and elevated cortisol levels (55).

Alpha2c is also the primary subtype in skeletal muscle and an antagonist causes selective femoral vasodilation (56). If that were not handy enough, the only other place the alpha2c subreceptors are highly expressed is in the adrenal medulla, where it modulates negative feedback on epinephrine, much like alpha2a does on NE (57). In other words, in addition to the dopamine increase, Alpha-Y™ allows for a much greater increase in EP levels, with its superior effect on thermogenesis, energy expenditure, and nutrient partitioning. So, we can see that Alpha-yohimbine’s potent antagonism of alpha2c is the good ****.

The alpha2b subreceptor is prominent in development (it is the only adrenergic deletion that impacts survival), but in adults it only affects blood pressure. Namely, its activation increases the hell out of it (58, 59), especially in regard to salt loading (60, 61). Overfeeding also causes an increase in a2b receptor density, concomitant with hypertension via arginine vasopressin (62).

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Who knows for what the sinuses become severely when on Rauwolscine?

chaser103

Awards
Word of caution!!!!! Do not drink coffee while taking Oxyelite. I started taking Oxyelite about 10 days ago and everything seem to be going smoothly, in fact, things were going so smooth that I increased dosage to 2 caps in the morning and was feeling fine, until I added a cup of coffee in the mix, which made me feel very jittery and uncomfortable.

I knew from reading the label on Oxyelite that it clearly tells you not to add any additional caffeine while taking Oxyelite.... which brings me to my next statement......be care not to add any additional caffeine while tking Oxyelite, and that includes coffee, tea, and other soft drinks.

I did not check my BP after this episode, but I'm sure the numbers were probably higher than normal. I will continue to monitor and provide updates.