d-aspartic acid dosing schedule?

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
Do we know yet whether dosing DAA for 12 on 12 off works better than just dosing it straight for say thirty days, or longer periods? I know that using a prolactin inhibitor is suggested, along with maybe an AI, but is there a point of diminishing returns?

And how quickly do test levels return to normal?

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
From what I've heard so far, 4-6 weeks on then a 4 week break. It seems that you stop responding to it after prolonged use.

Edit: Sorry I misread your question. Not sure about the 12 and 12 dosing. It's too new to tell just yet.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thats exactly why they recommend the 12/12. The 12 days is enough to reach the 40+% boost in Test, the effects will slowly lower for 12 days, and then you can reraise them. The fact that the research is new is what leads me to believe they don't want to push it past the point of the study.

wheels

Awards
  • Established
Thats exactly why they recommend the 12/12. The 12 days is enough to reach the 40+% boost in Test, the effects will slowly lower for 12 days, and then you can reraise them. The fact that the research is new is what leads me to believe they don't want to push it past the point of the study.
how many cycles of 12 on 12 off would you suggest ?

greaser

Awards
Do we know yet whether dosing DAA for 12 on 12 off works better than just dosing it straight for say thirty days, or longer periods? I know that using a prolactin inhibitor is suggested, along with maybe an AI, but is there a point of diminishing returns?

The reason the 12 day on schedule is being recommended by PP for TCF-1, is simply that the scientific study which showed it's effectiveness in humans and rats lasted for 12 days. Research hasn't been done beyond that.

Here is the link to the study: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2774316/

saludable24

Awards
  • Established

Why is a prolactin inhibitor suggested? I thought it only upregulated test production in the testes. I can sort of understand why an AI, more test, could mean more aromatization.

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
Why is a prolactin inhibitor suggested? I thought it only upregulated test production in the testes. I can sort of understand why an AI, more test, could mean more aromatization.
D-Aspartic acid (D-Asp), an endogenous amino acid present in vertebrates and invertebrates, plays an important role in the neuroendocrine system, as well as in the development of the nervous system. During the embryonic stage of birds and the early postnatal life ofmammals, a transient high concentration of D-Asp takes place in the brain and in the retina. D-Asp also acts as a neurotransmitter/neuromodulator. Indeed, this amino acid has been detected in synaptosomes and in synaptic vesicles, where it is released after chemical (K+ ion,
ionomycin) or electric stimuli. Furthermore, D-Asp increases cAMP in neuronal cells and is transported from the synaptic clefts to presynaptic nerve cells through a specific transporter. In the endocrine system, instead, D-Asp is involved in the regulation of hormone synthesis and release. For example, in the rat hypothalamus, it enhances gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) release and induces oxytocin and vasopressin mRNA synthesis. In the pituitary gland, [COLOR*********]it stimulates the secretion of the following hormones: prolactin (PRL), luteinizing hormone (LH), and growth hormone (GH) In the testes, it is present in Leydig cells and is involved in testosterone and progesterone release.[/COLOR] Thus, a hypothalamus–pituitary–gonads pathway, in which D-Asp is involved, has been formulated. In conclusion, the present work is a summary of previous and current research done on the role of D-Asp in the nervous and endocrine systems of invertebrates and vertebrates, including mammals.

Maradona

Awards
If DAA needs to convert to MNDA then why not just using straight MNDA? That way you do not need to take grams of methyl donors.

Maybe mixing 30mg or 50mg with about a gram of 1 caborxy for easier measuring.

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
DAA is to be taken with full or empty stomach?
and what is the best time of the day to take it?

greaser

Awards
DAA is to be taken with full or empty stomach?
and what is the best time of the day to take it?
In the original study, subjects were given the DAA first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. That's how I would take it for maximum absorption.

Reactions: Jag
nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
In the original study, subjects were given the DAA first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. That's how I would take it for maximum absorption.
thanks man repped

Super Saiyan

Super Saiyan

Awards
I do 3000mg at breakfast and will be bumping it up 3750mg for weeks 5-8 :) I have known too many people who have taken DAA for 8 weeks or even longer safely...Not saying anyone should but I am on week 5ish and only getting stronger and more erections :) Everyone can do there whole 12 on 12 off thing if they want...