d-aspartic acid dosing schedule?

  1. Registered User
    bound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Jersey, baby!
    Age
    35
    Posts
    786
    Rep Power
    489

    d-aspartic acid dosing schedule?


    Do we know yet whether dosing DAA for 12 on 12 off works better than just dosing it straight for say thirty days, or longer periods? I know that using a prolactin inhibitor is suggested, along with maybe an AI, but is there a point of diminishing returns?

    And how quickly do test levels return to normal?
    The Truth is, there is no Truth.

  2. Registered User
    EArch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    469
    Rep Power
    817

    In for answers, great questions bound.
  3. Registered User
    bluehealer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Earth, for a short while.
    Posts
    997
    Rep Power
    3527

    From what I've heard so far, 4-6 weeks on then a 4 week break. It seems that you stop responding to it after prolonged use.

    Edit: Sorry I misread your question. Not sure about the 12 and 12 dosing. It's too new to tell just yet.
    •   
       

  4. Primordial Performance Rep
    Board Sponsor
    HereToStudy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    9,390
    Rep Power
    235106

    Thats exactly why they recommend the 12/12. The 12 days is enough to reach the 40+% boost in Test, the effects will slowly lower for 12 days, and then you can reraise them. The fact that the research is new is what leads me to believe they don't want to push it past the point of the study.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  5. Registered User
    wheels's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    638
    Rep Power
    431

    Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    Thats exactly why they recommend the 12/12. The 12 days is enough to reach the 40+% boost in Test, the effects will slowly lower for 12 days, and then you can reraise them. The fact that the research is new is what leads me to believe they don't want to push it past the point of the study.
    how many cycles of 12 on 12 off would you suggest ?
  6. Primordial Performance Rep
    Board Sponsor
    HereToStudy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    9,390
    Rep Power
    235106

    Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    how many cycles of 12 on 12 off would you suggest ?
    I can't say for sure because I have not read enough on the subject, I would suggest asking a Primordial Rep.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  7. Registered User
    greaser's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Age
    41
    Posts
    174
    Rep Power
    180

    Quote Originally Posted by bound View Post
    Do we know yet whether dosing DAA for 12 on 12 off works better than just dosing it straight for say thirty days, or longer periods? I know that using a prolactin inhibitor is suggested, along with maybe an AI, but is there a point of diminishing returns?

    And how quickly do test levels return to normal?
    The reason the 12 day on schedule is being recommended by PP for TCF-1, is simply that the scientific study which showed it's effectiveness in humans and rats lasted for 12 days. Research hasn't been done beyond that.

    Here is the link to the study: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2774316/
  8. Registered User
    nunes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    PORTO/PORTUGAL
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,528
    Rep Power
    1316

    IN FOR INFO
  9. Primordial Performance Rep
    Board Sponsor
    HereToStudy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    9,390
    Rep Power
    235106

    Quote Originally Posted by greaser View Post
    The reason the 12 day on schedule is being recommended by PP for TCF-1, is simply that the scientific study which showed it's effectiveness in humans and rats lasted for 12 days. Research hasn't been done beyond that.

    Here is the link to the study: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2774316/
    This was my understanding as well, Reps.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  10. Registered User
    saludable24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    649
    Rep Power
    18353

    Quote Originally Posted by bound View Post
    Do we know yet whether dosing DAA for 12 on 12 off works better than just dosing it straight for say thirty days, or longer periods? I know that using a prolactin inhibitor is suggested, along with maybe an AI, but is there a point of diminishing returns?

    And how quickly do test levels return to normal?
    Why is a prolactin inhibitor suggested? I thought it only upregulated test production in the testes. I can sort of understand why an AI, more test, could mean more aromatization.
  11. Registered User
    bound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Jersey, baby!
    Age
    35
    Posts
    786
    Rep Power
    489

    Quote Originally Posted by saludable24 View Post
    Why is a prolactin inhibitor suggested? I thought it only upregulated test production in the testes. I can sort of understand why an AI, more test, could mean more aromatization.
    D-Aspartic acid (D-Asp), an endogenous amino acid present in vertebrates and invertebrates, plays an important role in the neuroendocrine system, as well as in the development of the nervous system. During the embryonic stage of birds and the early postnatal life ofmammals, a transient high concentration of D-Asp takes place in the brain and in the retina. D-Asp also acts as a neurotransmitter/neuromodulator. Indeed, this amino acid has been detected in synaptosomes and in synaptic vesicles, where it is released after chemical (K+ ion,
    ionomycin) or electric stimuli. Furthermore, D-Asp increases cAMP in neuronal cells and is transported from the synaptic clefts to presynaptic nerve cells through a specific transporter. In the endocrine system, instead, D-Asp is involved in the regulation of hormone synthesis and release. For example, in the rat hypothalamus, it enhances gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) release and induces oxytocin and vasopressin mRNA synthesis. In the pituitary gland, [COLOR*********]it stimulates the secretion of the following hormones: prolactin (PRL), luteinizing hormone (LH), and growth hormone (GH) In the testes, it is present in Leydig cells and is involved in testosterone and progesterone release.[/COLOR] Thus, a hypothalamus–pituitary–gonads pathway, in which D-Asp is involved, has been formulated. In conclusion, the present work is a summary of previous and current research done on the role of D-Asp in the nervous and endocrine systems of invertebrates and vertebrates, including mammals.
    The Truth is, there is no Truth.
  12. Registered User
    Maradona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    90
    Rep Power
    145

    If DAA needs to convert to MNDA then why not just using straight MNDA? That way you do not need to take grams of methyl donors.

    Maybe mixing 30mg or 50mg with about a gram of 1 caborxy for easier measuring.
  13. Registered User
    nunes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    PORTO/PORTUGAL
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,528
    Rep Power
    1316

    DAA is to be taken with full or empty stomach?
    and what is the best time of the day to take it?
  14. Registered User
    greaser's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Age
    41
    Posts
    174
    Rep Power
    180

    Quote Originally Posted by nunes View Post
    DAA is to be taken with full or empty stomach?
    and what is the best time of the day to take it?
    In the original study, subjects were given the DAA first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. That's how I would take it for maximum absorption.
  15. Registered User
    nunes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    PORTO/PORTUGAL
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,528
    Rep Power
    1316

    Quote Originally Posted by greaser View Post
    In the original study, subjects were given the DAA first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. That's how I would take it for maximum absorption.
    thanks man repped
  16. Registered User
    Super Saiyan's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Age
    31
    Posts
    99
    Rep Power
    143

    I do 3000mg at breakfast and will be bumping it up 3750mg for weeks 5-8 I have known too many people who have taken DAA for 8 weeks or even longer safely...Not saying anyone should but I am on week 5ish and only getting stronger and more erections Everyone can do there whole 12 on 12 off thing if they want...
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. D-Aspartic Acid
    By cjllucky in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-12-2010, 06:52 AM
  2. D-aspartic Acid
    By DoubleMint in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-28-2010, 12:23 PM
  3. D ASPARTIC ACID
    By corsaking in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-20-2010, 04:09 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-04-2010, 11:45 AM
  5. D-aspartic acid
    By zombiemuscle in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-26-2010, 10:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in