Mucuna Pruriens and L-Dopa
- 04-11-2010, 07:11 AM
Mucuna Pruriens and L-Dopa
Is there any difference between Mucuna Pruriens and L-Dopa?
Noticed Cognitive Nutrition list there L-Dopa 250mg caps as just L-Dopa, but with a description of "L-DOPA is a naturally occurring amino acid found in the human brain and in certain plants (Macuna pruriens, or velvet bean)"
I am looking at another brand that indicates MUCUNA PRURIENS EXTRACT STANDARDIZED TO 15% L-DOPA - 400 Mg per cap.
Is there any difference between these two? Is the Cognitive Nutrition standardized to a higher % of L-Dopa?
A couple of things I have heard about Mucuna Pruriens are the following:
1. Effective for fat loss and beneficial when cutting.
2. Effective for sustaining sexual activity for a longer duration and reduce the refractional period; treatment of premature ejaculation as it delays the process of ejaculation by simply toning down the sensitivity of male sex organs.
Has anyone experience the above benefits? If so, is Mucuna Pruriens meant to be taken daily, prior to the gym or sexual activity, etc.?
- 04-11-2010, 10:24 AM
ive rtied "Maca Man" from GNC a few years ago.....i think it had the Maca puriens along with yohimbine...did nothing for sex drive...gave me the sweats real bad..and some energy.
- 04-11-2010, 10:57 AM
04-11-2010, 11:01 AM
look up i-gh-1 by LG sciences i think they have macuna extract for 99% l-dopa in a prop bend of 750mg a pill for 100 pills you can probably find it for 25-30 bucks
The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.
04-11-2010, 11:11 AM
04-11-2010, 12:16 PM
04-11-2010, 12:22 PM
04-11-2010, 12:22 PM
04-11-2010, 12:25 PM
04-11-2010, 12:26 PM
04-11-2010, 12:31 PM
04-11-2010, 12:37 PM
04-11-2010, 02:47 PM
04-11-2010, 02:53 PM
04-11-2010, 02:55 PM
04-11-2010, 03:11 PM
04-11-2010, 03:22 PM
04-11-2010, 03:24 PM
04-11-2010, 03:46 PM
Any idea how it works in bulk form? Is it tolerable to swallow?
As for what I am going to start with, does a daily dose of 480mg of l-dopa sound about right?
Still haven't really heard from anyone on the effectiveness to prolong activity during sexual activity; have seen that as a claim, but not sure if anyone has actually experienced it.
04-11-2010, 03:55 PM
how it works is increased dopamine will reduce prolactin, prolactin goes up when you have sex. it is the prolactin buildup that causes you to not get hard again right away after you ejaculate. less prolactin = better sex. also prolactin competes with test, so if you have high prolactin you will probably have lower test. in theory, lowering prolactin should raise test.
BPS REP-DERMACRINE/ENDOSURGE....COMBUSTION/DCP 2.0
04-11-2010, 04:05 PM
Whenever you take it, it MUST BE ON AN EMPTY STOMACH. That means at least 2 hours after food, and wait an hour after dosing to eat. I hear some guys like it pre-workout, so eat 2.5 hours before, dose 1/2hr before, and avoid carbs for another hour. Sounds like hell to me, but good for a cut. It does work great for sleep, I took some Lipotopin PM the other night on a totally empty stomach and slept AWESOME. 6 hours felt like 8.
04-11-2010, 04:07 PM
04-11-2010, 04:19 PM
I even think protein interferes, bigt, personally.
04-11-2010, 04:21 PM
04-11-2010, 04:28 PM
For sure. Maybe protein is more of a digestion issue than an insulin issue.
04-11-2010, 04:43 PM
04-11-2010, 06:17 PM
Sounds like the best approach. I ended up going with 1-carboxy bulk and just placed my order...looking forward to it.
When I ordered bulk 1,3, someone had suggested mixing it with so much water (Crystal Light) so it is dissolved and the taste is muted. Can the same be done with 1-carboxy or should it only be mixed as you use it?
Going 5 days on, 2 days off and taking it preworkout or before bedtime.
04-11-2010, 09:02 PM
04-12-2010, 11:57 AM
04-12-2010, 12:31 PM
i am on my second tube of somnidren and i like it i have used l-dopa for years it works great on the sex drive on cycle and during pct.i have used it solo also. you need to cycle off it from time to time. right now i take it mon.thru thur.then fri, sat, sun off i have been running that way for about 2 months now with no tolerance build up yet.
04-12-2010, 06:07 PM
Which is why I decided to go with the Mucuna Pruriens caps
After getting alot of feedback between L-Dopa and Mucuna Pruriens, it appears the studies show that Mucuna Pruriens is actually more effective. Was even going to go with PowerFULL, but seems for value vs. effectiveness, Mucuna Pruriens should do the job just fine.
Figure 2 - Effect of l-DOPA and Mucuna pruriens seed powder feeding on plasma testosterone, LH and prolactin level
04-12-2010, 06:30 PM
04-18-2010, 01:48 PM
Of all the feedback I have been receiving, alot of people of notice how since starting these type of supplements, they have noticed an improvement in their skin. Is this typical and if so, curious what causes this.
04-18-2010, 04:25 PM
04-18-2010, 07:07 PM
I just want to add my thinking:
1. it's not sure that either mucuna or l-dopa can help you loss fat. people think it can increase GH, but you can't say so that it can help fat loss, that's too quick linking.
2. In theory, more dopamine is not link to longer period. Some illegal dopamine booster can stop you from ejeculation, yes, but they act in a different mechanism. Personally, I feel that maybe l-dopa can make sex more enjoyable, but can not longer my duration, actually I feel it made my duration shorter. It doesn't toning down my male organ sensitivity: it increases the sexual sense. For reducing refractional period, I am not sure either, I haven't count the time. I don't think shorter refractional period is that important for sex, unless it's really short, so short that you can do it again immediately before your partner cool down.
3. Both mucuna and l-dopa is cheap as bulk powder, and all taste not bad; personally i won't buy expensive mucuna or l-dopa in capsules with a fancy name, but maybe you think it's more reliable than unnamed bulk stuffs, also an idea, up to you.
4. Playing with your dopamine system is not risk free, I would suggest anyone who wants to buy this kind of product do some reading, see what you definitely shouldn't take at the same time in case very bad sides might happen.
Similar Forum Threads
- By fatburner2007 in forum SupplementsReplies: 57Last Post: 04-09-2013, 07:31 PM
- By AtomicFox in forum SupplementsReplies: 23Last Post: 04-09-2013, 09:35 AM
- By Super Saiyan in forum SupplementsReplies: 15Last Post: 04-27-2010, 12:49 PM
- By fatburner2007 in forum SupplementsReplies: 4Last Post: 04-11-2010, 07:18 PM
- By de49152 in forum SupplementsReplies: 6Last Post: 12-17-2007, 06:30 PM