My Dad needs to sleep, Need opinions!!!!

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ok guys post your best best best sleep aids, dad cant sleep the night through, im looking at alteril, reduction PM, somnidrenGH at 1/2serv due to cost, champion nutrition sleep aid..... whats your thoughts and input?

F

fidget324

Awards
Melatonin works WONDERS for me and is very cheap. I'd recommend giving that a shot.

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
sorry guys, hes tried pure GABA, and Melatonin, and no tylenol PM you dont get into REM sleep with it, try it and notice you are groggy as **** the next day :)

H

hoopem6

Awards
  • Established
Melatonin used in conjunction with GHenerate/I-GH-1 has produced some of the most deeply relaxing, restful, sleep I've ever experienced. Not only do I sleep like a baby, and have extremely vivid dreams, I wake up refreshed and energized.

D

deadlift18

Awards
and also a good HARD workout or a good amount of cardio. Basically somthing that will drain all your energy. Works wonders for me.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
if the cost of somnidren was an issue, look again it's on sale at nutra. i am 51 and work 3rd shift-somnidren is the best otc sleep aid i have tried-trust me i have tried plenty.

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
well yes it is on sale but that is still pretty expensive, what aobut sleep hangover on somnidren? and do u use 1 scoop or 1/2?

F

fidget324

Awards
sorry guys, hes tried pure GABA, and Melatonin, and no tylenol PM you dont get into REM sleep with it, try it and notice you are groggy as **** the next day :)
Hmmm...... Does he exercise regularly? Is he otherwise healthy? If everything else in his life is going alright then he should probably see a doctor. And if the problem is so bad that it's really adversely affecting his life quality then something like Ambien might be the best option.

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
he ust started exercising and its helping a little but hes also type 2 so im trying to increase muscle growth to increase insulin sensativity.....

less drugs the better
hes also 57 so less hormones overall= less sleep generally for older folks

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I would be happy to send you a sample of a brand new sleep aid we will be bringing to market.

If you would like just send me an email at info [at] AnabolicInnovations.com
It was formulated by Nathan (UNCNate) who also formulated TestoPRO and HGHpro.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
he ust started exercising and its helping a little but hes also type 2 so im trying to increase muscle growth to increase insulin sensativity.....

less drugs the better
hes also 57 so less hormones overall= less sleep generally for older folks
low test might be his main problem, i started on trt 8/28/09 and feel a hundred percent better. sleep can also be effected by low test-get him tested, if it is low test he will be very thankful when trt kicks in. can't put into words how much better i feel.

T

TheU

Awards
Ya dont take tylenol PM you are so groggy the next day it sucks...

Prescription:
My friend is an insomniac and he takes Lunesta. i tried one when i was having trouble sleeping during my law school finals. It knocked me out and i felt great the next day.

Herbal:
also try Valerian its a natural way to fall asleep.
Chamomile
Melatonin
Tryptophan

Over the counter:
Compoz, Sleepinal, Sominex and Nytol
Unisom its a different chemical compound then the ones above so if those dont work try unisom..

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
low test might be his main problem, i started on trt 8/28/09 and feel a hundred percent better. sleep can also be effected by low test-get him tested, if it is low test he will be very thankful when trt kicks in. can't put into words how much better i feel.
what form of TRT are you using? pellets injections, cream?
and is it synthetic or bioidentical, and did u get insurance to cover it?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
what form of TRT are you using? pellets injections, cream?
and is it synthetic or bioidentical, and did u get insurance to cover it?
injectable test cyp-it cost's me $8 for a 10ml vial-with insurance. i think it cost's $120 without insurance, but even at 200mg weekly that's only 1ml so it lasts a long time.

T

TheU

Awards
I have tried everything and honestly nothing worked as well as the prescription but i guess that can be expected. I used to have so much trouble sleeping back in law school...

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I have tried everything and honestly nothing worked as well as the prescription but i guess that can be expected. I used to have so much trouble sleeping back in law school...
i have a prescription for klonipin, and i am able to alternate it with somnidren. i was given a free jug of the new somnidren a few months ago and liked it so much i have bought 2 more.

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
has anybody ever posted a sticky on sleep aids? this comes up pretty often. i use doxylamine succinate(generic unisom 192 for like $7 @ costco) have used my share of benadryl(tylenol pm, you-name-it pm,sominex, nytol etc...) have tried most herbs(valerian, hops, chamomile, passion flower, kava, etc, etc...) also, phenibut/gaba, tryptophan, melatonin, theanine, zma, etc... for me, sleep is a highly subtle thing & i really dont succeed by bludgeoning myself into a stupor or unconsciousness. there's a big difference between knocked out & a good nights sleep. a remedy that help one time wont help the next, very tricky.

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Meletonin and velerian root together always did me wonders in the days of me abusing drugs...Its funny I was taking this stuff before I got into bodybuilding..

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
well just letting you know. some nights I would only need like 2 pills of meletonin then again other nights I need like 8. So I mean I beleive it does work...just know our situation and stress level.

S

ShapiroMD

Awards
Benadryl 50mg
Melatonin 6mg

Take it ~2 hours when you want to start sleeping. Warning though: Its going to make you graugy the next day.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
ShapiroMD wrote:
Benadryl 50mg
Melatonin 6mg
That will knock out a horse. Also try SLOW release melatonin - easy to buy.

S-Gh appears to work on the principle of synergy. S-Gh 1/2 dose + either of the above should also work.

If it doesn't a Remalton script (I've probably spelt that wrong). That will cost $$$. It avoids benzos.

We do need to make a sleep sticky. Watch for tolerance BTW.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
If you ever have a serious problem combining a benzo based drug with CBT will provide a long term solution to insomnia. The benzo will be tapered after a few months - along with the CBT - but the technique has to last a life time.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
I would be happy to send you a sample of a brand new sleep aid we will be bringing to market.

Good offer. The advantage of this stuff is melatonin isn't used (we had this argument before). The problem with melatonin (and why I'd never touch the stuff) is that it knocks out test levels.

6mg melatonin is ALOT. Bioman uses more in fact.

TestoPRO has an excellent reputation BTW.

I've got a heap of melatonin that I'm never gonna use. I never took to it, never will.

S

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

One day I'll find out about stuff like this BEFORE you guys :lol:

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good offer. The advantage of this stuff is melatonin isn't used (we had this argument before). The problem with melatonin (and why I'd never touch the stuff) is that it knocks out test levels.

6mg melatonin is ALOT. Bioman uses more in fact.

TestoPRO has an excellent reputation BTW.

I've got a heap of melatonin that I'm never gonna use. I never took to it, never will.
totally agree, nyone under 40 i believe shouldnt be taking melatonin, it wil **** up your natural levels of it anyway and its a great blood brain barrier protector if i remember superhumanradio right, also heps protect against alzheimers

G

GregW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Instead of supplements, look at what may cause a trigger?

For example, is he consuming any caffeine or alcohol within 4 hours of bedtime? A coca cola, a glass of wine...even a little bit of these can dramatically alter your body's sleep regulation mechanism.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i have had sleeping problems since i was a child, it is even worse when i have something important to do early the next day-i will go to bed early planning to get up early, doesn't work. i will just lie in bed trying to sleep until i am wide awake, then i just get up and watch tv or sit at computer until i eventually fall asleep. i am a diagnosed insomniac, and the only things that have helped are prescription klonipin and otc somnidren gh.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
It'd take out a blue whale as well |-)

BigT ask for a script for Ramelteon, the insurance should cover it (?). Just approved by the much loved FDA. Bit of a break through for serious stuff.

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Instead of supplements, look at what may cause a trigger?

For example, is he consuming any caffeine or alcohol within 4 hours of bedtime? A coca cola, a glass of wine...even a little bit of these can dramatically alter your body's sleep regulation mechanism.
nope none of that...

oh and he tried the somnidren last night which was a gracious sample by the people at MST!!!!!!

but he didnt like it didnt do much for him no clue why but eh well keep trying i guess:suspect:

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
"Trigger" is CBT speak.

Some cases of insomnia can be cured via CBT, but you've got to take it seriously otherwise its pointless. Its all about association and targeted drug usage to build the association between the bedroom and getting to sleep. Insomniacs (I'm not one) associate "the bed" with insomnia, which reinforces the insomnia - its about breaking the cycle.

somnidren... thats very generous.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
nope none of that...

oh and he tried the somnidren last night which was a gracious sample by the people at MST!!!!!!

but he didnt like it didnt do much for him no clue why but eh well keep trying i guess:suspect:
wow! i am at a loss.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

BigT ask for a script for Ramelteon, the insurance should cover it (?). Just approved by the much loved FDA. Bit of a break through for serious stuff.
i don't respond to melatonin, at any dose.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Ramelteon= Rozerem approved in 2005 and I would not touch it with a 10 foot pole due to this.

Ramelteon may affect the levels of male or female hormones (testosterone or prolactin). This may affect menstrual periods in women, sexual desire in men, or fertility (ability to have children) in either a man or a woman.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ramelteon= Rozerem approved in 2005 and I would not touch it with a 10 foot pole due to this.

Ramelteon may affect the levels of male or female hormones (testosterone or prolactin). This may affect menstrual periods in women, sexual desire in men, or fertility (ability to have children) in either a man or a woman.
thats some nasty sheit- i would rather go without sleep than go without snatch, lol.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
If a perscription drug is needed IMO Ambien is the way to go.
ambien only works the 1st night.

hey, have crowler send me some of the new sleep aid to try. everything i've tried from anabolic innovations has worked well for me.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

hey, have crowler send me some of the new sleep aid to try. everything i've tried from anabolic innovations has worked well for me.
I will once I can get my hands on some.:shrug:

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

You have a bad case bro. It has worked for me each and everytime I have used it. You may need Seconal but not many docs will write for that anymore.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You have a bad case bro. It has worked for me each and everytime I have used it. You may need Seconal but not many docs will write for that anymore.
getting restorill next time, it usually works for around 3 days straight then i have to take a break. i am used to it i can go for a week on 2-4 hours sleep a day.

why you think i am on here so much, lol.:smite:

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
getting restorill next time, it usually works for around 3 days straight then i have to take a break. i am used to it i can go for a week on 2-4 hours sleep a day.

why you think i am on here so much, lol.:smite:
Damn bro have you tried Ambien CR?