• Start date
CONTROLLED LABS

CONTROLLED LABS

PROnom 23.... NOM NOM NOM
Awards
  • Established
PCB Lab Test Now Up!

http://www.controlledlabs.com/pdf/P2070_cert. of analysis total pcb.pdf

We are at only 29% of the limit for California (the strictest PCB enforcement in the USA) per serving (with its high potency you get a lot of dha/epa per serving thereby making the amount of PCB per mg of epa/dha ingested even lower in orange oximega fish oil compared to most other formulas). we are at 1.3% of the limit set by FDA. :eek:

For Reference:
FDA upper limit is 2000 ng/g
upper limit for California is 90 ng/g
CRN and WHO are also much higher limits compared to California

also, most fish (salmon, talapia, tuna, etc) in the food chain has MUCH higher levels of PCB than most fish oils on the market and lower dha/epa per gram.

CONTROLLED LABS

CONTROLLED LABS

Awards
  • Established
Well done CL
thanks :cool: surprised more people arent excited about this
This is my new fish oil, btw. Maybe I will give the rest of my Kirkland Fish Oil to my GF. For those of you looking to try this, consider getting the Oximega with greens package. The profile is great, as well as the taste. A log can be found here: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/148519-heretostudy-keeping-healthy.html
thanks for your support :)

also a great value for the potentcy, flavor, non-chemical enteric coating and proven quality/purity :)

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm excited!

I'm a little pissed that I missed the wheycheap sale, I should've stocked up. I really like the higher potency caps, and like that you guys 3rd party test it, and levels are low. I'm pretty sure a good sized swordfish steak potentially has more PCB's than a months worth of Oximega.

CONTROLLED LABS

CONTROLLED LABS

Awards
  • Established
I'm excited!

I'm a little pissed that I missed the wheycheap sale, I should've stocked up. I really like the higher potency caps, and like that you guys 3rd party test it, and levels are low. I'm pretty sure a good sized swordfish steak potentially has more PCB's than a months worth of Oximega.
exactly. the amount found here is so tiny compared to eating a salmon fillet :D

even at full price this is a great deal for the potency of dha/epa and quality.

RonShipman

Banned
Awards
So what kind of Fish is used in CL fish oil??? Other companies like NOW tell you exactly what kind of fish are in their Fish Oil. Why don't you? I like to know what I'm getting, but hey thats just me, I mean it does go into my body.

j10nke

Awards
Wow you are trolling CL on this forums as well? Didn't you admit that they had a good product on another forum? Gratz me on first post.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The fact we don't know what kind of fish is in the product even more insane.
Hey, would you rather know what fish is used, like every other product, or know that it's third party tested for purity, unlike 99 out of 100 other products?

RonShipman

Banned
Awards
it's good to list the types of fish is all I'm saying. I use it, and it's a good product. but I don't know why the types of fish are not discussed. I mean what is the big deal. good to know what you are taking.

RonShipman

Banned
Awards
Hey, would you rather know what fish is used, like every other product, or know that it's third party tested for purity, unlike 99 out of 100 other products?
plenty of good fish oils on the market. and you know what you are getting.

RonShipman

Banned
Awards
Your fish oil must list the specific species of fish used to make the oil. Salmon, tuna, sardines and anchovies are the richest sources.

One is that the added flavor or fragrance can be used to mask the taste or smell of rancid oils. Rancid oils contain free radicals, which are a cause of cellular aging

Do a little research people

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
plenty of good fish oils on the market. and you know what you are getting.
No, there aren't. Not since the lawsuit. How many fish oil manufacturers do you think there are? A majority is rebranded, and a much has high levels of pcb's and other crap. Oximega doesn't. As for which fish? It doesn't really matter.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
And I've tasted oximega oil. It tastes fresher than anything I've ever had, fwiw.

CONTROLLED LABS

CONTROLLED LABS

Awards
  • Established
You guys are really running some great promos with the OxiMega, hopefully people are taking advantage.
yup, this one will be a contest type of promo, not a price cut promo. should be a blast :)
So what kind of Fish is used in CL fish oil??? Other companies like NOW tell you exactly what kind of fish are in their Fish Oil. Why don't you? I like to know what I'm getting, but hey thats just me, I mean it does go into my body.
we told you on the other board and its listed in threads:
anchovy, sardines and mackerel (all short life span fish which are great for lower toxicities)

very good point :D
One is that the added flavor or fragrance can be used to mask the taste or smell of rancid oils. Rancid oils contain free radicals, which are a cause of cellular aging

Do a little research people
And I've tasted oximega oil. It tastes fresher than anything I've ever had, fwiw.
exactly. chop one open and you will barely smell any fish at all. and the flavoring is in the gelatin, not in the oil itself, so that further proves my point :)

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It tastes like sushi grade toro. :cool:

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Haha, best post workout food ever: sushi or sashimi. For those who don't know, toro is fatty tuna. It's sick.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
? Is it not selling? WTF? I have 3 bottles sitting on my counter. I'm giving this to my older daughter, without a qualm, and I'll continue to buy.

CONTROLLED LABS

CONTROLLED LABS

Awards
  • Established
? Is it not selling? WTF? I have 3 bottles sitting on my counter. I'm giving this to my older daughter, without a qualm, and I'll continue to buy.
dont get me wrong, its selling well, but the lack of interest in the thread makes me think it would have even if we didnt post this :(

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well, it's a staple for most people, not something they like to talk about, maybe?

CONTROLLED LABS

CONTROLLED LABS

Awards
  • Established
Well, it's a staple for most people, not something they like to talk about, maybe?
just strange that we are one of only two companies I have seen to publish this data from a 3rd party and virtually no one seems to care. just a bit sad at that reality, when we take the time and money to provide proof of quality measures.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
just strange that we are one of only two companies I have seen to publish this data from a 3rd party and virtually no one seems to care. just a bit sad at that reality, when we take the time and money to provide proof of quality measures.
It is appreciate by many, even if they havn't directly stated so. My girlfriend just had a talk about wanting to start fish oil, and I told her that I recommend she gets the Oximega. She is the kind of girl to refer to all my supplements as steroids, jokingly. However, after a short conversation about safety precautions, she should be a Oximega user as soon as she places the order.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I agree, I believe many appreciate it, especially in light of the recent study showing a majority of fish oil is highly contaminated with very unhealthy stuff. You guys pulled out the right product at the right time.

CONTROLLED LABS

CONTROLLED LABS

Awards
  • Established
It is appreciate by many, even if they havn't directly stated so. My girlfriend just had a talk about wanting to start fish oil, and I told her that I recommend she gets the Oximega. She is the kind of girl to refer to all my supplements as steroids, jokingly. However, after a short conversation about safety precautions, she should be a Oximega user as soon as she places the order.
glad its not wasted on the educated people who care about their health :)
I agree, I believe many appreciate it, especially in light of the recent study showing a majority of fish oil is highly contaminated with very unhealthy stuff. You guys pulled out the right product at the right time.
that was just a lucky coincidence :D

CHANcore

CHANcore

Awards
Placing my order here tonight or tomorrow....along with some of dat dere Furious Fruit Punch WF :head: ...crap, I think I'm almost out of my Triad too...

CONTROLLED LABS

CONTROLLED LABS

Awards
  • Established
Placing my order here tonight or tomorrow....along with some of dat dere Furious Fruit Punch WF :head: ...crap, I think I'm almost out of my Triad too...
very smart. what preworkout were you previously using?

have you been using fish oil and greens up until now?

CHANcore

CHANcore

Awards
very smart. what preworkout were you previously using?

have you been using fish oil and greens up until now?
I was a hardcore WF user previously; though it's been a while since I've used it as I went on a jack3d stint and then was involved in a paid carb/creatine study in which I wasn't allowed a preworkout. As for fish oil, I've been taking lower potency, lower quality stuff for a while as that's all I could afford...but I'm starting a new job here soon and since I LOVE CL products, I figured why not :biglaugh: And I've never taken a greens supp...considering adding that on.

CONTROLLED LABS

CONTROLLED LABS

Awards
  • Established
I was a hardcore WF user previously; though it's been a while since I've used it as I went on a jack3d stint and then was involved in a paid carb/creatine study in which I wasn't allowed a preworkout. As for fish oil, I've been taking lower potency, lower quality stuff for a while as that's all I could afford...but I'm starting a new job here soon and since I LOVE CL products, I figured why not :biglaugh: And I've never taken a greens supp...considering adding that on.
smart man, the orange oximega would be an excellent addition as well. overall health products are very important to building a solid foundation that is needed for lean muscle mass gains and fat loss.

broons

Awards
  • Established
The fact that you 3rd party test and put it up there for everyone to see is very awesome and much appreciated. I just restarted doing fish oil and when thinking of what I wanted, Oximega was 1 of the 2 I even thought about considering. And btw, Oximega won :). That "other company" that also 3rd party tests just couldn't beat Oximegas price.