WTF Happened to Jack3d?!?

Connman

Connman

Awards
So I'm running low on my favorite pre-workout supp Jack3d and I decide to order some more. It's been a little less than a year since I last ordered Jack3d, when I order I usually get 2-3.

Yesterday afternoon it arrives at my door. I crack open the bottle and take 2 scoops like normal and head to the gym. NOTHING!!! No focus, no endurance and no tingly/itchy skin! I did have some what of a pump, but really WTF has happened to Jack3d?

Is it me? Am I too used to the product? Someone please shed some insight on this. Now I did notice the serving size had changed and the ingredients as well so...

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
the original jacked is better than the jck3d in my opinion...i'm about to start the fruit punch flavor for the first time and i hope it's not the case...i live for that endurance and energy from the jack3d...but if you haven't cycled off of it in awhile you probably should...to reset yourself from the ingredients

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Maybe try switching it up.

PAL Reset AD + new pre-workout.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Maybe try switching it up.

PAL Reset AD + new pre-workout.
The body is an amazing thing, sadly it see's your love for stimulants as a threat to its balance, and will adapt to normalize your body to that "environment"

Take a break from all stims for a month, try the Reset AD(stuff rocks), and then give your jacked a shot again. Could be new ingredient profile that doesnt work for you, or you could just not respond as well.

Either way a break wont hurt at all.

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
there are many reasons that you could be having this issue bro. I would rotate around like IC suggest. Most guys on here have tried just about everything and most rotate around. Check my log for more info on the latest from LG. By the way, what other stims are you on to include soft drinks??? And how long since your last stim cycle???

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
you should try anadraulic state gt... def my favorite pre workout of all time.

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
I agree on rotating. Try the new anadraulic state gt, it seems to be the best out right now at least from the reviews it's getting.

noot

noot

Awards
  • Established
the original jacked is better than the jck3d in my opinion...i'm about to start the fruit punch flavor for the first time and i hope it's not the case...i live for that endurance and energy from the jack3d...but if you haven't cycled off of it in awhile you probably should...to reset yourself from the ingredients
Why did they change the formula? I though only pro-hormone supplements had to do that since they have to deal with all the legality issues.

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
most companies out there change and update formulas for many reasons. Usually there is just a better product based on better science. Like new Jack3d IMHO is better than old jacked. And new ASGT destroys the old. Better science makes better products... most of the time

zb126

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I got the inner circle deal with the original "jacked" and it was great. The new jack3d does very little for me other than a caffeine boost. I don't even get the BA tingles at 2.5 scoops.... I can get it from 1.5g of BA when I use it from the PP bulk BA I've got which tells me something is really weird with the new batches of jack3d. I was pretty disappointed to say the least.

I agree on rotating. Try the new anadraulic state gt, it seems to be the best out right now at least from the reviews it's getting.
Got mine in yesterday and tried it, the stuff really is as good as you are saying. Taste is a huge improvement, not even necessary to slam it, sipping works with the new flavoring.

With one scoop I started feeling the effects in like 30 minutes. Crazy energy and man did I get in a good lift last night! Cardio was a breeze after it, too. Not sure how some people need 2 scoops...lol

Connman

Connman

Awards
Thanks for all the feedback. I'll take a break from pre-workout stimulants for a few weeks then see what happens with 3 scoops.

Army Guy, I take Jack3d, protein, vitamins and a pro hormone.

I'd really like to hear from a USP labs rep about the change to ingredients. Thanks again.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
A few notes.

There have only been two ingredient changes since JACK3D was released to the market. The first was an increase in the total amount of Beta Alanine, Creatine Monohydrate and Arginine alphaketoglutarate. The second was the removal of Theophylline from the formula, and this move came associated with a proportionate increase in the amount of total xanathines, such that the total stimulant blend for the remained a similar mass. Throughout both of these changes, the amounts of all other ingredients remained precisely the same.

As the removal of Theophylline also involved its replacement with a proportionate amount of xanathines, the net "stimulant" feeling should remain generally similar: the entire xanathine class not only acts very similar physiologically, but in terms of experience, they can be nearly indistinguishable in the amounts contained in JACK3D. And unless you have an odd atopic reaction to AAKG, BA and Creatine, than the alterations in the formula are most likely an insufficient explanation for your current experience.

Also, insofar as there being something "weird" with the newest batches of JAC3KD, I was recently examining batch records dating back several months for a regulatory matter - these batches were both before and after the release of Tropical Fruit Punch, and some before the removal of Theophylline - and everything, as usual, conformed to standard.

I am not discounting your experience but, for all the reasons above, I am skeptical that a formula change is the cause for your current experience. If you have been using this product for this long consecutively, acclimation is a far more likely culprit. As with anything, intermittently ceasing use of a product can do wonders for positive response. Good luck!

noot

noot

Awards
  • Established
Wouldn't it have been easier just to make the tub bigger, to fit the increase of those ingredients. I mean Jack3d is already like the tiniest tub of a pre-workout supplement you can get. Other pre-workout supplements don't seem to have a problem with keeping proportions. :D

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wouldn't it have been easier just to make the tub bigger, to fit the increase of those ingredients. I mean Jack3d is already like the tiniest tub of a pre-workout supplement you can get. Other pre-workout supplements don't seem to have a problem with keeping proportions. :D
Sure, if you want to pay the proportionate increase in production costs from the increased plastic, increased paper, increased time, increased transportation costs, etc. There is a reason why JACK3D is substantially cheaper than 90% of everything else on the market.

No idea what you mean by the proportions comment! :fest30:

lilnardey

lilnardey

Awards
  • Established
A lot of good answers. Taking some time off stimulants will more than likely do the trick.

zb126

Awards
  • Established
THanks for the info mulletsoldier-- at the time of trying jacked again I had been off stims for a whole month basically with a cup of coffee here or there if really necessary. I had one scoop the first day and then I had two heaping ones the next since I got nothing out of it the day before. I felt the effects more at 2.5 but it was nothing like when I had first taken it and when I had taken the original jacked formula.

I understand they are supposed to be the same but a lot of users seem to be noticing something is different. Not really sure what to say other than it really hasn't felt the same. I loved the original and I've got a tub on my shelf of the new version and I ended up switching to ASGT instead since jack3d isn't doing it for me for some reason now. :(

brownieapple

brownieapple

Awards
not sure if this has been said or not. but MESOMORPH! the new formula tastes like fruit punch kool-aid. and it give you an even sicker pump! well for me it did at least. bought some jack3d the other day and it didnt work for me at all. just a slight pump. then tried a sample packet of the new meso and **** had me and my best friend breaking PR's

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
THanks for the info mulletsoldier-- at the time of trying jacked again I had been off stims for a whole month basically with a cup of coffee here or there if really necessary. I had one scoop the first day and then I had two heaping ones the next since I got nothing out of it the day before. I felt the effects more at 2.5 but it was nothing like when I had first taken it and when I had taken the original jacked formula.

I understand they are supposed to be the same but a lot of users seem to be noticing something is different. Not really sure what to say other than it really hasn't felt the same. I loved the original and I've got a tub on my shelf of the new version and I ended up switching to ASGT instead since jack3d isn't doing it for me for some reason now. :(
No problem. Not entirely concerned as, outside of this thread of people, this is the first time I have heard reports of this nature. As I said, they quite literally are the same, other than a change from Theophylline to another xanthine which would be indistinguishable to any user who did not have extensive experience with them both.

Based off the replies in this thread, maybe Anadraulic State GT is the cure? Haha. :08:

"new" jack3d is the number 1 seller at NP and just about everywhere else in the WORLD. We've sold substantially more jack3d without theophylline(which is not a miracle ingredient) than Jack3d with theophylline.

We are already use to these New jack3d is not as good as old jack3d threads. It is also happening in retail where the competitors company reps walk into GNCs and Vitamin Shoppes and bash the brand and the product. Or compare their products to ours, Ours is better than Jack3d because _______(insert many corny approaches..my favorite is that are putting Meth in it).

When you’re on top the objective is to knock you down. We are still training hard! I love it!

Not true at all......You may think so but no truth at all.

Yeah I got the inner circle deal with the original "jacked" and it was great. The new jack3d does very little for me other than a caffeine boost. I don't even get the BA tingles at 2.5 scoops.... I can get it from 1.5g of BA when I use it from the PP bulk BA I've got which tells me something is really weird with the new batches of jack3d. I was pretty disappointed to say the least.

Got mine in yesterday and tried it, the stuff really is as good as you are saying. Taste is a huge improvement, not even necessary to slam it, sipping works with the new flavoring.

With one scoop I started feeling the effects in like 30 minutes. Crazy energy and man did I get in a good lift last night! Cardio was a breeze after it, too. Not sure how some people need 2 scoops...lol
2 grams of BA in jack3d. these are just getting silly! We we use BA that is USP grade with all the other BA on the market is food grade.....

We are about to release some surprising information on BA...

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
good old benadryl helps resensitize your beta receptors use on my clen cycle

noot

noot

Awards
  • Established
Sure, if you want to pay the proportionate increase in production costs from the increased plastic, increased paper, increased time, increased transportation costs, etc. There is a reason why JACK3D is substantially cheaper than 90% of everything else on the market.

No idea what you mean by the proportions comment! :fest30:
True. Though I guess it would have been nice to have the option to get a bigger tub. That would be pretty godly.

zb126

Awards
  • Established
Not true at all......You may think so but no truth at all.
I simply stated my experience with the product. I'm surprised you are telling me that even though I "think" I don't feel it that I am actually feeling it....

2 grams of BA in jack3d. these are just getting silly! We we use BA that is USP grade with all the other BA on the market is food grade.....

We are about to release some surprising information on BA...
Not sure what is silly about it, I was just saying what I observed as a customer. I loved the original and maybe I got a bad batch, who knows, it just doesn't feel the same to me. If it did, I'd buy it over and over again, no questions asked.

I agree that some people are building a stim tolerance that should be taken into consideration but some also aren't so its worth discussion, IMO.

Based off the replies in this thread, maybe Anadraulic State GT is the cure? Haha. :08:
haha, I doubt it...I loved the original so I'd love to get that feeling again. I reviewed it over at BB.com and got negged left and right by all the haters so I understand your skepticism about some people.

I really do think that there are some customers like myself that while the minority are having some issues with their latest experiences and I'm pretty surprised that all we've been getting is told that we are silly for thinking its not as good or that we are doing something wrong. It leaves a sour taste in your mouth when you voice a concern you have with obviously no motives other than to help others with the same experience and you have the head of the company telling you that your opinion inst true and basically accusing you of being a liar.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
haha, I doubt it...I loved the original so I'd love to get that feeling again. I reviewed it over at BB.com and got negged left and right by all the haters so I understand your skepticism about some people.
No, I just thought it was a strange coincidence that five posters in a row failed to respond to JACK3D, and in turn, found the same product as a replacement. Cosmic coincidence, I am sure! Haha.

I really do think that there are some customers like myself that while the minority are having some issues with their latest experiences and I'm pretty surprised that all we've been getting is told that we are silly for thinking its not as good or that we are doing something wrong. It leaves a sour taste in your mouth when you voice a concern you have with obviously no motives other than to help others with the same experience and you have the head of the company telling you that your opinion inst true and basically accusing you of being a liar.
And I can respect your position - my posts were merely meant to communicate that, in all likelihood, your experience was not due to an alteration in ingredients between "versions" as they are quite similar. If you were able to distinguish between Theomobrine and Theophylline without a considerable amount of experience with the two individually, I would be incredibly impressed.

I helped to alpha and beta test all versions of JAC3KD so far and, due to that minor change, the difference in effects have been negligible from my end. This being said, I rarely use stimulants and my response is therefore relatively clean!

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ok so i tried jack3d fruit punch for the first time yesterday, no tingles, had some energy, but i sure hope they didn't mess with the forumla again

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
ok so i tried jack3d fruit punch for the first time yesterday, no tingles, had some energy, but i sure hope they didn't mess with the forumla again
There have only been two ingredient changes since JACK3D was released to the market. The first was an increase in the total amount of Beta Alanine, Creatine Monohydrate and Arginine alphaketoglutarate. The second was the removal of Theophylline from the formula, and this move came associated with a proportionate increase in the amount of total xanathines, such that the total stimulant blend for the remained a similar mass. Throughout both of these changes, the amounts of all other ingredients remained precisely the same.
:drive:

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Dont you saturate your muscles with BA? And if they are saturated, wll it still cause a tingle to consume BA? I have had this problem with my fruit punch jack3d lately. Most of the time, no tingle, but my friend who used my jack3d got a nice tingle?? i dont get it..

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i'm smaller, the tingles always hit me, specially the first week i'm taking the jack3d, also haven't taken any beta alanine in like a month but i'm not a huge fan of to much tingles, i just found it odd that i got none at all

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I get them here and there, maybe I need to mix the powder in the packaging better... I miss the tingles, gets me mentally pumped..

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
No problem. Not entirely concerned as, outside of this thread of people, this is the first time I have heard reports of this nature. As I said, they quite literally are the same, other than a change from Theophylline to another xanthine which would be indistinguishable to any user who did not have extensive experience with them both.

No one ever said that AS GT was a cure to his dilemma. We were just recommending an alternative product that we have found effective for us. I have been testing and running AS GT for about 3 weeks now an I find it extremely effective so I recommended it to the OP in case he was looking for a new product because he seems disappointed with Jacked.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No one ever said that AS GT was a cure to his dilemma. We were just recommending an alternative product that we have found effective for us. I have been testing and running AS GT for about 3 weeks now an I find it extremely effective so I recommended it to the OP in case he was looking for a new product because he seems disappointed with Jacked.
Got it! I was kidding, brother.

zb126

Awards
  • Established
No, I just thought it was a strange coincidence that five posters in a row failed to respond to JACK3D, and in turn, found the same product as a replacement. Cosmic coincidence, I am sure! Haha.
I don't think its a coincidence at all, I mean ASGT is all the rage right now in the promo and review sections and the logs are lighting up all over the place, too. I'm not sure its a coincidence when so many people are using/trying it.

And I can respect your position - my posts were merely meant to communicate that, in all likelihood, your experience was not due to an alteration in ingredients between "versions" as they are quite similar. If you were able to distinguish between Theomobrine and Theophylline without a considerable amount of experience with the two individually, I would be incredibly impressed.

I helped to alpha and beta test all versions of JAC3KD so far and, due to that minor change, the difference in effects have been negligible from my end. This being said, I rarely use stimulants and my response is therefore relatively clean!
I agree, your posts were very professional and as a customer and someone who isn't a company rep trying to bash eachothers products, I really honestly appreciate that!

i'm smaller, the tingles always hit me, specially the first week i'm taking the jack3d, also haven't taken any beta alanine in like a month but i'm not a huge fan of to much tingles, i just found it odd that i got none at all
I understand where you are coming from, I think what I'm going to try is to shake that tub like it owes me money and then try it again to make sure that there hasn't been any settling or anything. Maybe now that its so mass produced the stores of it places are giving it more time to settle, who knows. I'm all for trying to get this puppy kicking my ass again :D

Yeah man, there are a ton of sponsored and unsponsored logs of ASGT with awesome results so I'm not surprised so many people are recommending it--its like when Jacked first hit the scene and everyone was wondering where all the Jacked fans were coming from, and then it became common knowledge that the product meant business, haha.

Impact25

Awards
Make sure you shake the bottle! haha
Other than that I'd say take a month off from a Pre like that.

zb126

Awards
  • Established
Make sure you shake the bottle! haha
Other than that I'd say take a month off from a Pre like that.
Yeah thats what I did (the month off) which was why I was so shocked. Will be trying it again with the freshly shook bottle haha

Impact25

Awards
Yeah thats what I did (the month off) which was why I was so shocked. Will be trying it again with the freshly shook bottle haha
Good! Make sure you shake it EVERY time before use!
Hahah I always went by the saying
If you see the mist (The white cloud that comes out when you shake it)
You're ready to get pissed (RAGE!!! :AR15firing:)
hahahahah

brownieapple

brownieapple

Awards
im not bashing jack3d or any of their products. but i tried shaking the tub to mix it better. ive tried upping my dose. tried taking it on an empty stomach and all carbed up. and still nothing just a small pump and then less than half way though my set i feel like i just lose it all.

ive been off any supps for like 8 months and jumping back into the game i figured i would go with an old staple like that. but nothing no tingles nothing. borrowed some of my buddies white flood and it was amazing. and now im using mesomorph and every workout is amazing. still have the tub of jack3d laying around so the other day wanted to see if anything would happen and still nothing.

so idk what it is. but i love ups's products and they are a great company. just something weird is going on :(

wilsmash4food

wilsmash4food

Awards
this thread got me worried as jacked is my favorite PWO. Jumped to GNC and got a tub just to check it out. I have been off stims for about 6 weeks (EPI cycle) and the only caffine I took was at work to keep me going through the long night shifts. I have to say, It worked exactly the same for me. My face was tingling like a hoard of bees was on it about 15 minutes after I took the max 3 scoops. seems just fine to me, but like I said I have been off stims for a while now.

brownieapple

brownieapple

Awards
this thread got me worried as jacked is my favorite PWO. Jumped to GNC and got a tub just to check it out. I have been off stims for about 6 weeks (EPI cycle) and the only caffine I took was at work to keep me going through the long night shifts. I have to say, It worked exactly the same for me. My face was tingling like a hoard of bees was on it about 15 minutes after I took the max 3 scoops. seems just fine to me, but like I said I have been off stims for a while now.
weird i was off stims for 8 months and didnt even feel the ba tingles off of 3 scoops :/

lyfespan

lyfespan

Awards
  • Established
OG first run Jack3d wuz the best, the new batches that were changed or not, are not the same thus not as effective feeling.

USP, you guys wanna surprise the inner circles bring back the first run formula

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
USP, you guys wanna surprise the inner circles bring back the first run formula
Given it is the exact same formula, that should be easy! In fact, I will do it as we speak. There, on the shelves at NP already!

:squareeyed:

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A lof guys use Jacked at my gym and love it. I dont use pwo drinks all the time, im just not that into stims. Although I do have some pwo supps on hand, they dont include any stims. Heck, GPLC acts like a stimulant to me.

btw, I always take a certain combination of stuff before my morning cardio and it works great for me.

lyfespan

lyfespan

Awards
  • Established
Given it is the exact same formula, that should be easy! In fact, I will do it as we speak. There, on the shelves at NP already!

:squareeyed:
lol, whatever. Users know the difference, your gonna need sum thicker wool than just your word.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol, whatever. Users know the difference, your gonna need sum thicker wool than just your word.
Not entirely sure what that means, but nevertheless, I respect and recognize your experience. With that being said, whatever users are perceiving, it is not a difference. I suppose I judge the thickness of my "wool" by COAs and purity reports, rather than subjective experience.

lyfespan

lyfespan

Awards
  • Established
Not entirely sure what that means, but nevertheless, I respect and recognize your experience. With that being said, whatever users are perceiving, it is not a difference. I suppose I judge the thickness of my "wool" by COAs and purity reports, rather than subjective experience.
Oh i went back and looked, your rite USP never changes anything in thier products.