Need Advice

Zink

Awards
First post I know :(
Sometimes you can learn more by listening then by talking and I dont know jack compared to several people that do post on here. So until today I have been reading the boards as a guest.

On to my post now.

I am not new to lifting or cardio. I have ran 2 Marathons and 3 different half marathons while also lifting. I am probably now the worst shape I have been in for 3 years. I am getting back into lifting and running. I am by no means fat i am 5'8" and about 167 pounds and 22 years old. I am a fairly stocky guy with a 32 inch waist, but a 42 inch chest, my arms around the Biceps and Triceps are 16 inches. That should give you a general idea of what we are working with here. However in my high cardio and diet watching days I could still not get very cut in the lower abb section of the body my upper abb's would start to define but the lines never came in on the bottom. The muscle is there just need a little help knocking some off the lower abbs and maybe on the sides.

I have started swimming as its a good all body workout as well. I am not looking at taking any type of product besides maybe a animal stack product or something for energy and vitamins for the next month. However, after that I am interested in starting to take some type of product that will help me lean up. What are my options to you? I would like to try a few things that are not so hard on the liver. I have slowly been learning about anabolics for some time now, and to be honest I cant sell myself on them. I have only ever taken about 2 1/2 months of a total so called stack in my life. I was taking BSN Cell Mass, No Xplode, and Hydroxy Cut(without ephedrine), with amino acids, and a good multivitamin as well as ample protein shakes. This was the first time I ever took any supplements and it was about 1 year and 9 months ago now since I started that.
So I have never been sold on supplements and I am not saying I want to take the most bad ass anabolic stack I can get my hands on for my first go around. I want to do this smart and not hurt my body.
I would rather pay more money for good products then buy cheap ****, and get ****.

Things I have just glanced at...
Lean Xtreme, and Muscle Pharms "Shred Matrix"

Just here to learn so help me out.

methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Sounds like you have an excellent foundation of knowledge (presumably) and training to work with.

You need to tell us a little more about your diet. Perhaps clean that up a bit before jumping to supplements. Also water intake, salt intake, etc.

TheU

Awards
If you are not sold on supplements then there is no better thing then
DIET and proper training...

My advice would be to log what you eat i have been doing it for a few years now and can control my weight very easily although i tend to hit a wall at 190...
fwiw

Zink

Awards
Diet is horrible now. I work long hours but in those long hours I am able to go to the gym. Its stressful days, and walking around and steps. So it can be active if I have to move around a lot.

Breakfast is a bowl of ceral. It varies, from Frosted Flakes to Honey Nut cherrios. No sugar added and 2% milk

But what I generally try to do is say when I do have to eat out I try and grab like Chik Fillet or something and get a grilled chicken sandwhich plan no mayo, nothing just meat and bun. If its a sit down resteraunt I try and do a red meat like, and a baked potato with nothing on it. I stay away from soda's and do a pretty good job staying away from sugar. What kills me is Sodium. As I eat microwave meals pretty bad. I dont always have time to make something for lunch.

Sometimes I grab subway and get a tuna Sandwhich. Once again plan, only tuna and bread

Thinking maybe turkey sandwhich's with nothing on them would be healthier then eating microwaved meals.

Keeping a log may help me out.

Like I said I am not sold on them, not opposed to them.
I guess what I would be asking is what would you recommend that would not be harmful to my body. Just for me to ponder.
I think I would be willing to give supplements a try for a cycle to see how it is but, I dont see it as a long term solution. Just something to help me get in better shape faster so I can be back to were I should be now :(

Zink

Awards
I was doing some reading and looking at this stack:
OxyElite Pro (morning 2 capsules)
JACK3D (Pre workout)
INSTONE RELOADED (Post workout recovery)(or LG Sciences POSTAL here?)
Recreate (in the PM)

With taking whey protein shake before and after my mid day workout, and shakes throughout the day to get my needed amount of protein.
These all seem to be low stim products except for the JACK3D still trying to figure out how that is going to effect the organs.

Now stacking low stim products up like that will I still need a PCT(or would you recommend one)? If so what do you suggest? Any support products that I should take while I am on my stack?

Should I take something like milk thistle?

Thanks for the help! Happy Easter!

TheU

Awards
I dont think a PCT is necessary for that kind of stack. if you want you can take milk thislte just to take it cant hurt.

However i must say working out starts with diet. i dont care what you take if you dont have your diet working you can take all the supplements in the world and you wont make any gains or cuts.

just my 2 cents