How important is a post supp - AnabolicMinds.com

How important is a post supp

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.

How important is a post supp

I workout pretty hard at the gym. I am getting ready to hit some jack3d. pretty excited heard a bunch of good things.

What about a post work out supp? Is it important to take one or is it just opinion? If it is important, what are the best post-supps?

2. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  185 lbs.

Stick to the basics like Whey protein after a workout, I make a smoothie....1.5 scoops of whey protein 1 frozen bannana and a small handful of frozen blueberries I add skim milk and a little bit of water to help if it is too thick of a shake. The fruit is just as good because this will help raise your insulin levels to help shoot that protein right into your system where it is needed so badly. That is important right after your workout. Try to take the shake within 15-20 min of the end of your workout. Sooner is even better! Good luck.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.

Yeah i do a shake after every workout. I do three shakes aday of syntha 6. I was just wondering about a post supp to stack with the protein after a workout
    •   

4. EctoMeso

u can try oats and mix creatine into it with chopped banana (as a lil post workout meal)... But your after a supp so i would have to say (Universal Torrent)
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  197 lbs.

i dont do any post-WO "supps"....save for 5g creatine in my post shake which runs about 37g whey and 50g carbs (malto), made with whole milk. about 1 hour later i have a carb-heavy meal like pasta.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.

Syntha 6 is a waste of money
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by killamac27 View Post
    Syntha 6 is a waste of money
    how so?
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.

You only need whey and casein post workout. Other than that you just need to get some carbs and you are set to go.
  9. New Member

i think its most important to just get calories in post work out and not worry about the smaller details like water vs milk or the ratios of c
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRed86 View Post
    I workout pretty hard at the gym. I am getting ready to hit some jack3d. pretty excited heard a bunch of good things.

What about a post work out supp? Is it important to take one or is it just opinion? If it is important, what are the best post-supps?
    At the risk of sounding like an advertisement, here is my .02 cents. Research suggest whey protein taken after exercise is one of the most important times to take it...at least 20 grams within 1 hour of physical activity such as working out. Protein taken in this manner will enter the bloodstream within 15 minutes, and be on its way to the muscles you just worked out. This will allow the muscles to begin to repair immediately.

Secondly, this is one the best times to try to achieve an insulin spike. Also, taking BCAA and glutamine will also help the muscles repair after working out. Studies also suggest this is the best time to take creatine, for which it will be the most effective.

More importantly, within 30-60 minutes post workout, the body begins to release the hormone cortisol, which is counter productive to building muscles. Taking a post work out supp that helps block cortisol will result in better gains.

My current ****tail for post workout includes: two scoops of afterglow, 10 extra grams of glutamine with BCAA, ISO-OPC, 30 grams unflavored whey protein, banana, and ice in a blender. About an hour later, I will eat my dinner to replace the carbs, etc. IMO opinion, post workout is more important than pre workout.
  11. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  185 lbs.

Good post Fenway, you explained it better than I did.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  203 lbs.

Usualy what i do is take dark matter with a scoop of creatine monohydrate in with it then 30 minutes later i take whey protein
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck66 View Post
    Usualy what i do is take dark matter with a scoop of creatine monohydrate in with it then 30 minutes later i take whey protein
    Afterglow bazooka fruit and nutrabio unflavored whey is my current favorite. I can get it at about 1/2 off the price in stores if ur interested.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. How important is post workout protein?
    By drvinnybombat in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-01-2010, 09:23 PM
  2. new mhp dark rage post - important questions
    By bennyblanko11 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-07-2010, 03:59 PM
  3. Important, can be life altering post. Please help. Thanks.
    By TrynaImprove in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-01-2009, 11:22 PM
  4. Which do you think is more important? Intra or Post?
    By planetfuzz in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-16-2008, 06:26 AM
  5. Pre vs. Post w/o drink, Pre is more important!!!
    By fiddler in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-10-2004, 07:31 AM