As some of you may know, I've been working on a few low-carb follow-ups to the Original Sheeshbars. Well, I have some good news. I have the recipes for 4 different flavors finalized. I'm very happy with the end-product I've produced, but I need to tell you guys of a few changes that will arrive with this new bars.
Some of you have been complaining that sheeshbars orders take a little too long to ship-out. That's because I actually make the bars after I receive your order, rather than make a bunch of them and then ship them out. However, on some days, being a full-time student I just don't have the time to go through the lengthy production process.
Well, things are about to change. I have been negotiating a contract with one of the premiere FDA-approved contract protein bar manufacturers. These guys are truly top-notch in what they do. The bars that you will now end up getting will be packaged very similarly to "real" protein bars, in nice wrappers and boxes, etc. The bars themselves will be made with the utmost scrutiny, as meeting label claims is my priority with these bars. Once they are made, I will be shopping them around to various retailers, so hopefully those of you who like them will be able to get them at rapid speed from these retailers, or even from me, as shipping them won't take me too long. Also, shelf-life of the bars will probably in the ballpark of 2 years.
However, I do have a few questions for you guys before I truly finalize the recipe and give these guys the go-ahead from production. I'd appreciate it if you could answer any or even all of them for me.
1) Is a good-tasting, wholesome low-carb protein bar something you're interested in?
2) How often would you consume such a bar (above)?
3) What do you think is a fair price for a box of 12 protein bars, based on what other companies have out? Note that these bars will contain only the finest whey protein and milk protein isolates.
4) Is there anything you specifically look for in a protein bar?
5) What is the minimum amount of protein that you want in one of these bars?
6) How important is packaging when you go to choose a protein bar?
7) What flavors of low-carb protein bars would you like to see?
8) If you have anything else to add in terms of what you'd like to see in a protein bar, please answer it under #8.
Thanks alot guys! I really appreciate you guys taking the time to answer these questions.