Another Usnic (UCP-1) scare on bb.com

1. E-BOLLER
    Board Sponsor

Another Usnic (UCP-1) scare on bb.com

Personally I've had no probs whatsoever w/UA...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hreadid=261403

Jan 5, 2004, I had to have a liver transplant due to usnic acid. Both my husband and I had been taking "UCP-1" put out by: BBC Nutrition. Both of us received liver damage due to the product My husband and I are PTs ourselfs and our very careful when it comes to supplements. My husband checked out the product and info on Usnic Acid and we believed that we would be fine . . . if we followed the recommended use and didn't do anything stupid with it. We have taken ECA stack for years and had no problems. We have been careful and "wise" about what we take. Well .. . this time I guess we weren't so "wise". My liver collapsed within a month, my husband - had no idea he had liver problems til he went in for bloodwork for a totally different reason. His liver has regenerated itself and is healing. I had to have a full liver transplant. The last 2 days before my transplant, they didn't know if I was going to make it because I was going quick and I needed a liver quick. Livers don't just happen and they knew the chances of me getting a match quickly were slim. Jan. 8th I was put at the top of the transplant list - with in 2 hours, I had a match. I THANK GOD - TOTALLY- for being there and taking care of me and making sure I was in the right place at the right time to receive a match. Just 6 days prior I was overseas in a place where I would not have been so blessed!
    If you would like to know more details about why my liver collapsed - please email me.
    Just know . . . USNIC started my damage and my husbands - it was silent - we had no idea! So . . . please . . . please - get a doctors ok before you use usnic. Usnic worked great - I had excellent fat loss - didn't touch my muscle - but the side effects are not worth it! DO NOT just go by info from the internet - go get yourself checked and make sure this product is ok for YOU. If you have been taking it . .. I suggest you get your liver checked.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.

First post by a member registered in april....

ManBeast
    -Saving random peoples' nuts, one pair at at time... PCT info:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/192992-pct-what-why.html
    -Are you really ready for a cycle? Read this link and be honest:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/191120-checklist-before-thinking.html
    *I am not a medical expert, my opinions are not professional, and I strongly suggest doing research of your own.*
  3. Registered User

for those here who have used it.. what kind of results have you seen?
    •   

4. Registered User

Fat loss was great. I ran 2 cycles of UCP-1 and supplemented with a TON of liver protection. 14 days on, and took an EC afterwards for a few weeks...A few months later I did another cycle as I ran an NYC stack as well for 14 days. The only drawback I had with UCP-1 was lethargy and a higher body temp (mid 99). Besides that, NOTHING.
  5. E-BOLLER
    Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by ManBeast
    First post by a member registered in april....

ManBeast
    I know. Didn't have much time to comment but will probably try to break it down over the weekend.
  6. E-BOLLER
    Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by sawastea
    Fat loss was great. I ran 2 cycles of UCP-1 and supplemented with a TON of liver protection. 14 days on, and took an EC afterwards for a few weeks...A few months later I did another cycle as I ran an NYC stack as well for 14 days. The only drawback I had with UCP-1 was lethargy and a higher body temp (mid 99). Besides that, NOTHING.
    Pretty much the same here. Plus constant itching and a rash when I didn't take my Claritin.
  7. Registered User

I ran it once a few years ago and saw very impressive results. At the highest point of effectiveness I was losing 1/2 pound a day, and noticably leaning up with every passing day. I found that the lethargy was a nuisance but tolerable if I took the complete dose in the evening before bed, and had a nap in the morning if I could sneak one in.

I haven't been able to muster up the courage to try the stuff out again since my initial run though, due to the possible liver totoxicity the product entails. There's just enough stories of liver failure out there to scare me away from using it anymore, even though I've hung onto the 1.5 bottles of the stuff I still have. Sooner or later I'll likely throw the stuff out though, as it's pretty unlikely that I'll ever use it again. Saving a few weeks in cutting time just isn't worth the possible risks.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.

Don't throw it away, we've got a swap meet

ManBeast
    -Saving random peoples' nuts, one pair at at time... PCT info:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/192992-pct-what-why.html
    -Are you really ready for a cycle? Read this link and be honest:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/191120-checklist-before-thinking.html
    *I am not a medical expert, my opinions are not professional, and I strongly suggest doing research of your own.*
  9. Registered User

Just wondering how this stack sounds..... usnic acid, 50 M-1T, 10 Methyl -d, 200 M4AD, 80 M 1,4. I also like to party on the week ends. I drink a case of beer fri, sat, and sun. Do you think that would be ok? j/k
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

You'll lose about 4-8 pounds almost immediately..after they remove your liver.
  11. Running with the Big Boys

sad thing is that they can't even figure out which company they got it from.. BCC
    Also, UCP-1 is a good product.. I have used it several times and I have not had any problems but I have seen good results each time.. ranging from 5-12 lbs.. Personally, I think the the post is bull****
  12. Registered User

I would have agreed with you 100% IF I didn't see this show called Mythbusters on the Discovery channel. Granted the guys look dorky and the tests they do aren't the most scientific but there was one episode where they tested the myth of the exploding water in the microwave.

I remember getting e-mails a long time ago about some women and how she pleaded with people to not use the microwave because her son used it to heat some water and the water exploded in his face when he took it out of the microwave. Well these guys tested it out and you know what? The lady, to an extent, was right. I didn't know that distilled water doesn't boil in the microwave. I also didn't know that the reason is because it is the impurities in liquid that cause them to boil in the microwave. So they nuked a mug of distilled water for about 5 mins and then dropped a spoon into the mug and BOOM! The water exited the mug with extreme prejudice.

Now I don't necessary believe this person and her liver story, but I do believe that it can happen.
  13. Running with the Big Boys

I have seen the Myth Buster and if you know alittle bit of thermodynamics that one about the water would have been easy to explain..
  14. Registered User

True, but how many people can honestly say they knew that distilled water water would do that?

I guess we should ask this person for some proof. I don't use Usnic Acid so I don't really care, but if it is as dangerous as this person says it is, where's the documentation to back it up?

Edited: The first statement was rhetorical. I don't think we need everyone chiming in with, "Yeah, I KNEW that ****."
  15. Running with the Big Boys

LOL.. that was the main reason I was calling the post bull****.. no proof and first post, humm as Chemo said fishy
  16. Registered User

Yeah, I will have to agree. No proof then I don't believe her. Not saying it can't happen, but there is a lot of **** we don't know. Hell they could have be taking a gram of M1T with the UCP-1 for all we know.
  17. Registered User

The person in question has yet to respond to the plethora of posts people have been making...
  18. The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
    Stats
    5'7"  191 lbs.

and if they did their homework like they said they did...they should have been smart enough to take something for at least the POTENTIAL of side effects in the liver..i mean most people that are taking it are supplementing with liver protection, pretty heavily at that.. So if you ask me, if it even was due to the ucp-1 it is her own fault..

h19
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by sawastea
    The person in question has yet to respond to the plethora of posts people have been making...

Maybe she's in the hospital again for excessive creatine exposure.

IF it is not true it's galling to think people would go so far out of their way to make **** up. I don't use usnic so I don't really care that much but the concept of using negative propaganda against an supplement is just wierd.

Oh, almost forgot..Yeah I knew that **** as well. lol
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Fox News Reporter on BB.com Forums
    By ke0ki in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 06-21-2004, 06:53 AM
  2. M40HN and Sides Discussion on BB.com
    By swany in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 05-24-2004, 09:52 AM
  3. E Dog / Legal Gear sig file on bb.com