HGHup Sleep Issues: Question?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. HGHup Sleep Issues: Question?


    I have been on HGHUp for 2 weeks with a 5 pre-bed dosing protocol. With few exceptions I have had an incredibly difficult time falling asleep on this product. Do I need to change my dosing protocol or what? I want to continue using this product but it is maddening to get two hours of sleep (last night) after a tough workout perhaps canceling out any benefits from the product altogether. I've got another bottle and a half left so I want to make this work. Aside from changing dosing to morning is there something I can supp. with the HGHUp to help the sleep? Thanks in advance.


  2. if it's not helping you sleep, like it does with most ppl, i'd play with the dosing, possibly dose some before your workout....i kind of had the same affect with zma...that stuff doesn't help me sleep at all and actually makes my sleep worse
    AM10 for 10% off at Mindandmuscle.com
    AM10 for 10% off at Mrsupps.com
    •   
       


  3. hey sapentia,sorry i can't help you out on this one for i have yet tried any hgh product, but as young gotti said try playing what the doses to find that sweet spot. if to no avail and you want to sell some of the left over stash pm me

  4. Quote Originally Posted by sapentia View Post
    I have been on HGHUp for 2 weeks with a 5 pre-bed dosing protocol. With few exceptions I have had an incredibly difficult time falling asleep on this product. Do I need to change my dosing protocol or what? I want to continue using this product but it is maddening to get two hours of sleep (last night) after a tough workout perhaps canceling out any benefits from the product altogether. I've got another bottle and a half left so I want to make this work. Aside from changing dosing to morning is there something I can supp. with the HGHUp to help the sleep? Thanks in advance.
    With some individuals, getting to sleep can be an issue, yes. However, please be aware that the sleep you DO get, no matter how short, is NOT "canceling out any benefits from the product".

    If you are having trouble with your sleep, it could be that your adenosine levels are too high, and your dopamine and norepinephrine levels are too low, which could be why a Growth Hormone booster is having the opposite effect on you to what it should. To combat this, you could add in some Rhodiola Rosea.

    Otherwise, I recommend changing your dosing to 3 caps first thing and 2 caps pre-training.


    ~Team APPNUT

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Scott View Post
    With some individuals, getting to sleep can be an issue, yes. However, please be aware that the sleep you DO get, no matter how short, is NOT "canceling out any benefits from the product".

    If you are having trouble with your sleep, it could be that your adenosine levels are too high, and your dopamine and norepinephrine levels are too low, which could be why a Growth Hormone booster is having the opposite effect on you to what it should. To combat this, you could add in some Rhodiola Rosea.

    Otherwise, I recommend changing your dosing to 3 caps first thing and 2 caps pre-training.


    ~Team APPNUT

    Thanks for the feedback Rosie. I think I will try the Rhodiola Rosea first and then change up the dosing. I used to take that a few years ago but for other reasons.

    What I meant about canceling out benefits was that by only getting a couple hours sleep I might be hurting my body; most people seem to hold that 7-8 hours of sleep per night is an important factor so that if I only get 2-4 hrs. the benefits of the HGHUp may be compromised by the negative impact of less sleep.

    Tonight should hopefully be . Glad today is a rest day, but I have deads tomorrow so I need a good night of sleep.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Scott View Post
    With some individuals, getting to sleep can be an issue, yes. However, please be aware that the sleep you DO get, no matter how short, is NOT "canceling out any benefits from the product".

    If you are having trouble with your sleep, it could be that your adenosine levels are too high, and your dopamine and norepinephrine levels are too low, which could be why a Growth Hormone booster is having the opposite effect on you to what it should. To combat this, you could add in some Rhodiola Rosea.

    Otherwise, I recommend changing your dosing to 3 caps first thing and 2 caps pre-training.


    ~Team APPNUT
    I always thought it was dopamine levels being too high not too low... thats what i was told about 1-carboxy... but hey its always good to learn something new... so its adenosine levels that are spiking to dramatically and causing interupted sleep patterns?...

  7. I thought the reason you don't drink coffee too close to bedtime is that it inhibits adenosine and increases dopamine levels, leading to sleeplessness.

  8. Add GABA and Melatonin when taking it on an empty stomach. Glycine is also helpful and all of the above will boost HGHups effectiveness even more.

  9. For the first week or so I used it I had trouble falling asleep, but it went away. I always took five caps right before I got in bed, about 30 minutes after having a can of tuna.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by sapentia View Post
    Thanks for the feedback Rosie. I think I will try the Rhodiola Rosea first and then change up the dosing. I used to take that a few years ago but for other reasons.

    What I meant about canceling out benefits was that by only getting a couple hours sleep I might be hurting my body; most people seem to hold that 7-8 hours of sleep per night is an important factor so that if I only get 2-4 hrs. the benefits of the HGHUp may be compromised by the negative impact of less sleep.

    Tonight should hopefully be . Glad today is a rest day, but I have deads tomorrow so I need a good night of sleep.
    You're welcome

    I found out the same thing as you did - then again, my body is so fcuked up from my way of life the last few years and the crazy things I put myself through, that almost no supplement works the way it "should" with me.

    Rhodiola Rosea works for me, and I actually prefer IGF-2, because it has it in it, and any Growth Hormone booster BUT IGF-2 does NOT work with my body.

    How much sleep one needs for optimal recovery is really up to the individual. Yes, many people say that 7-8 hours is optimal, but it is not true for ALL people. For example, I personally am best at 4-5 hours sleep - if I get MORE than ~5 hours I am not as functional and generally feel like sh*t. 2 hours of sleep per night is definitely not ideal, and certainly not for long periods of time - unless of course, you are making up for it during the day with more sleep.


    Quote Originally Posted by JaredGalloway View Post
    I always thought it was dopamine levels being too high not too low... thats what i was told about 1-carboxy... but hey its always good to learn something new... so its adenosine levels that are spiking to dramatically and causing interupted sleep patterns?...
    It's a mix of things. Everyone has a different body chemistry, and some of us work our adrenals too much and stress them out, that we screw things up.

    ~Team APPNUT

  11. Well, I slept much better last night (6-7 hr.) although it still took over an hour to fall asleep. I did take the rhodiola (100mg) and I'm sure the natural exhaustion contributed too. Hopefully, the bad sleep pattern will be broken; I shall see.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by sapentia View Post
    Well, I slept much better last night (6-7 hr.) although it still took over an hour to fall asleep. I did take the rhodiola (100mg) and I'm sure the natural exhaustion contributed too. Hopefully, the bad sleep pattern will be broken; I shall see.
    That's an improvement. Please definitely let me know how you go.

    ~Team APPNUT

  13. Quote Originally Posted by danieltx13 View Post
    For the first week or so I used it I had trouble falling asleep, but it went away. I always took five caps right before I got in bed, about 30 minutes after having a can of tuna.
    ditto

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Scott View Post
    That's an improvement. Please definitely let me know how you go.

    ~Team APPNUT
    : Well yesterday was certainly a mixed bag. My max went up 30 lbs. in deadlifts (only do them every 9 days on 5,3,1 routine), but unfortunately I don't think I even got 2 hrs. of sleep last night. I am immediately implementing the 3 daytime, 2 prebed dosing; if that doesn't work I may try 5 day and none prebed. If that doesn't work I quit!

    I took 100mg of Rhodiola (6% Rosavins) twice yesterday, in the morning and prebed; is that a good dosing?

    I do take Jack3d preworkout; could that be interacting with the HGHUp to cause the sleep disturbance? I take it early afternoon so it has a good bit of time to get out of my system.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by sapentia View Post
    : Well yesterday was certainly a mixed bag. My max went up 30 lbs. in deadlifts (only do them every 9 days on 5,3,1 routine), but unfortunately I don't think I even got 2 hrs. of sleep last night. I am immediately implementing the 3 daytime, 2 prebed dosing; if that doesn't work I may try 5 day and none prebed. If that doesn't work I quit!

    I took 100mg of Rhodiola (6% Rosavins) twice yesterday, in the morning and prebed; is that a good dosing?

    I do take Jack3d preworkout; could that be interacting with the HGHUp to cause the sleep disturbance? I take it early afternoon so it has a good bit of time to get out of my system.
    Training quality and sleep quality are not correlated - although you might think they should be.

    If you continue having issues re sleep, then I would recommend dosing 3 caps first thing and 1-2 caps pre-training.

    Re Rhodiola Rosea, dosing for everyone will be different, so you will need to find what it optimal for YOU. Personally, I have it first thing, pre-training, and pre-bed.

    Jack3ed contains Caffeine and Geranium, so if you are dosing that within 8 hours of going to bed, then, yeah, it IS going to affect your sleep, so it may be THIS that is causing your issues.

    Unless you have used all of these products before and know how they affect you, then you might not be able to pinpoint which is causing the issue unless you use them standalone for at least a week, and with different dosing/timing schedules, to see which one is affecting your sleeping patterns.


    ~Team APPNUT

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Scott View Post
    Jack3ed contains Caffeine and Geranium, so if you are dosing that within 8 hours of going to bed, then, yeah, it IS going to affect your sleep, so it may be THIS that is causing your issues.

    Unless you have used all of these products before and know how they affect you, then you might not be able to pinpoint which is causing the issue unless you use them standalone for at least a week, and with different dosing/timing schedules, to see which one is affecting your sleeping patterns.


    ~Team APPNUT
    I have been on the Jack3d for some time now and it hasn't adversely affected my sleep on its own; I take it about 9-10hrs. before "attempted" sleep. I do have friends who can't sleep even taking Jack like that though. I was just thinking it could have potentially interacted in some way with the HGHUp.

    Thanks again for the input Rosie; I'll adjust until I figure out what works for me; hopefully that won't take too long. Will post tomorrow about how taking 2 pre-bed works out tonight.

  17. For me, rhodiola anytime after 2pm can keep me awake. IF you are supplementing with B vitamins, particularly B6, you may want to stop while on HGH-Up. I learned this the hard way when beta testing it...had me wide awake at 3am. Mostly rested, but annoyed that I couldn't sleep in.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    For me, rhodiola anytime after 2pm can keep me awake. IF you are supplementing with B vitamins, particularly B6, you may want to stop while on HGH-Up. I learned this the hard way when beta testing it...had me wide awake at 3am. Mostly rested, but annoyed that I couldn't sleep in.
    Yes, we recommend NOT supplementing with more than 10mg of Vitamin B6 whilst using HGHup♂ - although many have wanted to continue using products containing well over 10mg of Vitamin B6, and if they dose them in the morning and HGHup♂ pre-bed, it can be done.

    ~Team APPNUT

  19. Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    Add GABA and Melatonin when taking it on an empty stomach. Glycine is also helpful and all of the above will boost HGHups effectiveness even more.
    Adding melatonin is not your best option. There are numerous studies out there finding that it lowers testosterone and sperm count. Seems to me, that would be counter productive, but that's just my .02 cents.

    I had a similar experience while taking x-dreams. I actually slept worse while taking it. I added zma and velerian root to the mix to actually sleep.

  20. Well, I was able to get a good 8 hrs. of sleep in last night. Still took 2-3hrs. to fall asleep but I gave myself plenty of extra time as a precaution. I took 2 HGHUp prebed and still felt like it energized me; funny but I think it affects me more way more than caffeine, geranium, or any of the other stims. I took 3 on waking this morning and will take 2 preworkout and I'm thinking I'll experiment with just one prebed tonight. I was surprised I still felt the effects from just two last night.

    I am going to take a close look at my supps. today to see how much B6 I am getting. I haven't felt any stim. effects from the Rhodiola, perhaps just a calming effect. I have taken it roughly 30 min. before the HGHUp for prebed and didn't notice anything until after the HGHUp got into my system.

    I am curious if this type of reaction to the HGHUp re sleep has any correlation to its effectiveness for my physiology such as increased HGH and testosterone.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by sapentia View Post
    Well, I was able to get a good 8 hrs. of sleep in last night. Still took 2-3hrs. to fall asleep but I gave myself plenty of extra time as a precaution. I took 2 HGHUp prebed and still felt like it energized me; funny but I think it affects me more way more than caffeine, geranium, or any of the other stims. I took 3 on waking this morning and will take 2 preworkout and I'm thinking I'll experiment with just one prebed tonight. I was surprised I still felt the effects from just two last night.
    I am going to suggest having your pre-bed dose at least 2 hours BEFORE you go to bed (I had to do this). That way, you're getting in that 2 hours before going to bed, so that you CAN sleep once in bed.

    ~Team APPNUT

  22. Are you taking any other supplements with huperzine-A in them by some chance?

  23. if that supplement doesn't work.., use ZMA i've been using it recently and it made me sleep fast.. trust me it works..

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Scott View Post
    I am going to suggest having your pre-bed dose at least 2 hours BEFORE you go to bed (I had to do this). That way, you're getting in that 2 hours before going to bed, so that you CAN sleep once in bed.

    ~Team APPNUT
    I'll try that but I'm starting to think it may be something other than the HGHUp. I took just 1 cap prebed last night and didn't fall asleep until 7:30am at which point I got 2 1/2 hrs. The HGHUp is the only new supp. though except the Rhodiola. Thing is though I don't feel tired with so little sleep; I didn't even feel tired after lying there for 8 hrs. trying to fall asleep - strange!

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Are you taking any other supplements with huperzine-A in them by some chance?
    Nope, nothing else with huperzine-A in it.


    I am of a scientific nature and there is a reason and I will find it. Looking back though the first week I took the HGHUp I didn't have sleep issues like this. It sort of crept up on me over time. In fact, I can distinctly remember one great night like so many describe; now if I can just figure out how to recreate that brain/body chemistry every night!

  25. I hope you find out whats going on. because i had the same great first 5days and then went all down hill from there.
    i remember one night i got not 1 hour sleep.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Sleep Issues/Day Lag?
    By MattRoeske in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-16-2008, 10:40 AM
  2. Sleep Issues
    By CryingEmo in forum Cycle Logs
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-27-2007, 02:21 PM
Log in
Log in