2 Supplements Bite The Dust

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
2 Supplements Bit The Dust

Coming soon....... Hydroxy cut and Betalean HP are gone as in discontinued.....along with adipo, these are 3 of the more effective fat burners.....and all 3 are gone.....imagine that :rolleyes:

pjorstad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
is xenadrine off the shelves yet???

I might need to make a dash to walmart soon :p

u4ik_rage

Awards
Hydroxycut? You're kidding right?
Everytime I learn of a Muscletech going off the market it makes me feel better so don't be bullshittin!! And this has got to be their best selling product.

Andy2k

Awards
Hydroxycut is ok, but it's expensive as hell.
If you want an ECA, try AST dymetadrine extreme.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Hydroxycut? You're kidding right?
Everytime I learn of a Muscletech going off the market it makes me feel better so don't be bullshittin!! And this has got to be their best selling product.
Yea, Greg Kovaks lost a whole Backstreet Boy that he gained off Cell Tech with Hydroxycut

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Well its going around the net, but Ive read it at various Medical and Health sites too......its not discontinued as of yet I dont think, but upcoming (due to the ephedrine content) not to mention there's a new, advance Hydroxycut coming out.... Im sure it will be ephedra free....

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
I think the EFX is (the ephedrine version)
Regarding Xenadrine being pulled, it has not so far been pulled from shelves of the SuperTarget or SuperWalMart where I live (midwest), and I am speaking of the one with ephedrine, which to correct YJ is -RFA 1 I believe. So for now you should still be able to find it along with the EFX, which is the ephedrine free version.

u4ik_rage

Awards
Ah, so the Hydroxycut name will still be out there. An already overpriced supp that will be watered down to top it off.

DarCSA

Awards
I have had quite a few friends who like Hydorxycut. That sounds too bad for them. Damn we may reach the point one day where we all have to do cardio to lose weight. Mavbe exercise is going to become an important part of the food pyramid.

Andy2k

Awards
I have had quite a few friends who like Hydorxycut. That sounds too bad for them. Damn we may reach the point one day where we all have to do cardio to lose weight. Mavbe exercise is going to become an important part of the food pyramid.
Dammit!!! we can't have that!!!!!!!!!:D

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
I must have missed something.  Did ephedra get banned?  I know some places were requiring 18+ to get it, but what is the current legal status?

u4ik_rage

Awards
I must have missed something.  Did ephedra get banned?  I know some places were requiring 18+ to get it, but what is the current legal status?

Still very much legal. Just all the bad press and skyrocketing insurance rates. Seems like many people who don't know the first thing about exercise, are ephedrine experts. "That thing will make your heart explode."

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established

Still very much legal. Just all the bad press and skyrocketing insurance rates. Seems like many people who don't know the first thing about exercise, are ephedrine experts. "That thing will make your heart explode."
Yup, euphoric rage hit it on the spot. Basically, because of all the bad press and lawsuits, insurance companies started pissing their pants. Because of this, the premiums for companies selling products with Ephedra, skyrocketed. Because of this huge increase in insurance premiums, the profits of many of the big companies (like Muscletech, EAS, Twinlab, etc...) quickly became losses for all of their ECA products. Henceforth, they have stopped making product with ephedra. People who still want the power of an ECA stack will still be able to make it themselves, so no need to lose sleep.

As for Hydroxycut, the new formula is already being marketed. Now they're centering their advertisements around HCA (Hydroxy Citric Acid). They claim that they have a super-concentrated version of the stuff. They're quoting research that shows that the concentrated HCA (the stuff in Hydroxycut) make people who did 30 minutes of low-intensity cardio 5 times per week, for 8 weeks, lose 10 pounds. I haven't read this study, but i'd like to see if it included a control group. Alot of that weight can be attributed to the cardio.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Pisses me off, I don't use ECA's as much anymore, but I really liked Betalean HP, one of the few good EAS products that wasn't crazy $$$$. The crumbling begins for our old friend the ECA....

ex_banana-eater

Awards
  • Established
wouldnt one company capitalize on this opportunity to control the entire ECA market? Or would it be too expensive for them to have a monopoly, and charge whatever prices they want? :rolleyes:

Workman

Banned
Awards
I found this on the EAS website:

http://www.eas.com/products/product_select.asp?ProductName=81

In the past EAS has claimed for its BetaLean and BetaLean HP products that:

BetaLean and BetaLean HP combine the original ephedrine and caffeine combination along with a unique proprietary formula consisting of L-Tyrosine, Naringin, Coleus Forskohli and Green Tea to enhance the overall thermogenic effect.

In litigation concerning EAS's advertising practices a United States District Court found that this claim is not true and that the proprietary formula has been found to reduce and inhibit the overall thermogenic effect of the ephedrine and caffeine combination.

Havok

Awards

Regarding Xenadrine being pulled, it has not so far been pulled from shelves of the SuperTarget or SuperWalMart where I live (midwest), and I am speaking of the one with ephedrine, which to correct YJ is -RFA 1 I believe. So for now you should still be able to find it along with the EFX, which is the ephedrine free version.
the guy at GNC said they were discontinueing it but could sell thier remaining stock

(I do not shop at GNC, I like to price things.. lol)
(5pounds whey protein... 59.99 .. on sale 49.99)

Last edited:
sage

sage

Awards
  • Established

(5pounds whey proteing.. 59.99 .. on sale 49.99)
ummm...uhhhh....Havok, that suppose to be a bargain at 50 bones for the 5pounder? ummm.....if you think it is, welcome to this board, you will find a world of good info (i suggest you hit up the supplement section first & look for some threads concerning cheap supp sites) But if im reading and translating this incorrectly and uknow that still aint a bargain....then WELCOME!!! Sage

Havok

Awards
No, I meant its funny how they over price.. and its not just a few dollars or 2.
I was laughign at their "sale"
When I pass by the GNCs I like to see how much they are over charging, and people are shopping there all the time

Havok

Awards
Oh, and the cheap supps thread is great. I went around pricing stuff last week, and some stuff you could save alot with different sites, especially the price buster.
It would all depend on the shipping and how much you were ordering

John Benz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I went over to Max Muscle to get a bottle of Xenadrine about 2 weeks ago. It was gone, and I was informed by the owner that it was no longer being produced and as soon as stock is gone, there will be no more Hydroxycut, Ripped Fuel, or ISS Zenatrope either. I called Twinlab and ISS and they verified this, so I ran out to Wal-Mart and bought 3 bottles of Ripped Fuel on sale and although they had over 50 bottles of Xenadrine EFX (ephedra free), there was a big empty space where the RFA used to be.

The girl at Twinlab also verified that the major problem was insurance rates, with some companies actually refusing to offer insurance to anyone making ephedra products. All those companies will continue to make ephedra free versions, but they're not worth a dime.

pudgy

Awards
i got some junkmail yesterday from e.a.s, it had an article about thier new and improved fat burner coming soon , it did not say anything about being ephedra free but it wasnt that in depth , it was basicly a fluff article.

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established

As for Hydroxycut, the new formula is already being marketed. Now they're centering their advertisements around HCA (Hydroxy Citric Acid). They claim that they have a super-concentrated version of the stuff. They're quoting research that shows that the concentrated HCA (the stuff in Hydroxycut) make people who did 30 minutes of low-intensity cardio 5 times per week, for 8 weeks, lose 10 pounds. I haven't read this study, but i'd like to see if it included a control group. Alot of that weight can be attributed to the cardio.

10 pounds over basically a two month period while doing cardio 5 times a week. That is really not impressive at all.

DawggieDawg69

Awards
As everyone knows the gov. is pushing insurance companies to raise thier rates to the larger companies that produce(ed) ephedrine based fat burners. Most of these companies are shifting over to the ephedrine free burners, some of them actully look promising. But the E/C/A will be around for a while, until the Gov. actully makes a ban on Ma Huang and Ephedra. Im suprised that one major company isnt sucking it up and paying the high insurance, because they would cash in big time if there the only big company still producing it.

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
Re: New Information Regarding This....

"Actually, it’s supposed to be even better,” said the employee, who declined to give her name. “Our propriety blend works better at burning fat than the product containing ephedra.”

Is it 1900% better than an ECA??? LOL....  Unless they have something in that bottle that we don't know about, there isn't a chance IMO that it'll be more effective than the tradition ECA...

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established
Re: Re: New Information Regarding This....

"Actually, it’s supposed to be even better,” said the employee, who declined to give her name. “Our propriety blend works better at burning fat than the product containing ephedra.”

Is it 1900% better than an ECA??? LOL....  Unless they have something in that bottle that we don't know about, there isn't a chance IMO that it'll be more effective than the tradition ECA...

:D

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established
Ephedra illegal in NY!!!!

Off the wire from the New York Post

February 12, 2003 -- Suffolk lawmakers last night passed a ban on the sale
of the dietary supplement ephedra.
Legislator John Cooper, who sponsored the bill, said ephedra can be
extremely dangerous.
"The industry lobbyists don't want people to know this, but the simple fact
is ephedra kills," he said.
Ephedra is a popular herb commonly used for weight loss and body-building.
The Food and Drug Administration has reports of 100 deaths among ephedra
users.
(BTW - Suffolk is on Long Island, NY)

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
will you still be able to cap up your own E/C pills?

Rictor33

Awards
  • Established
efx is the non-ephedrine system. RFA-1 is the ephedrine version, and they are both still ont he shelf.

Rictor33

Awards
  • Established
Kill VPX sports now, **** this these guys are literally ripping people off in the worst ways. i have heard of lab tests containing half of what the bottle says it does. And they are like 500 dollars for a bottle of **** that isnt even LEGIT? jesus christ that is lame.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
They say that ephedra is responsible for 100 deaths, yet they don't say if it's an annual occurance or if it was over a stretch of time... Yet alcohol kills yearly, cigarettes are still legal, and R. Kelly still lives a block away from the middleschool! :mad:

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
I got 2 words for y'all: Dymetadrine Extreme :D

but yeah Hydroxycut and Betalean HP are going ephedrine free, I have not seen Xenadrine RFA-1 on the shelves in over a month, the place right by me that was selling Adipo pulled it from their shelves a couple of weeks ago...and....

I'm getting my wizdom teeth jerked/pulled/cut out of my head the day after my birthday (b-day = 27th) this month :( .

LG. :cool:

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
wont be a problem LG, had mine pulled about 6 weeks ago. all 4 were pulled, they were impacted etc etc.. still, had no problems on the drive home, no swelling, didnt use any pain killers, was completely fine. bled alot, but that was it. was on solid foods again the fourth day after, so wouldnt worry too much.

institutional

Awards
its good that these products have a long shelf life. i already have two bottles of ripped fuel in the cabinet. the question is how many bottles should we all stock up? lol, its a dillema. my walmart still has alot of the bottles in stock.

p_zub

Awards
I don't know...10 lbs with hydroxycut while doing 30 mins, 5 times a week, for 8 weeks? I think you could probably lose more if you took the hydroxycut out of the equation. So much for their advertising strategy...lol

Havok

Awards
Sorry, im probabaly late...
Did that bill ever pass?
The one banning the ph's?
Or is this a different situation?

Patuba

Awards
  • Established
This is a different subject. This has to do with the MLB pitcher that died last week or 2 weeks ago. I can't remember.

No the PH bill still has not passed.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Steve Bechler, minor league pitcher for Baltimore. Took over the recommended dose, was 26lbs over weight, history of high blood pressure, family history of cardiovascular disease, was on a fast (starving) diet and severaly dehydrated......

YellowJackets Advice to Life #103: Make sure you're in athletics if you're a complete dumbass, much like this guy.