Acute neurotoxicity after yohimbine ingestion by a body builder

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm really sick of seeing this dangerous ingredient in fat loss and libido/enhancer type products. There are so many products out there that use it and it is really not safe. This is not an isolated incident. Just google it and you will find a ton more. The choice is up to you but personally I stay far away from anything with this ingredient in the profile.

"The choice is yours, live or die."

Acute neurotoxicity after yohimbine ingestion by a body builder.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
imo tylenol-acetaminophen is even more toxic. and doctors recommend it!

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm really sick of seeing this dangerous ingredient in fat loss and libido/enhancer type products. There are so many products out there that use it and it is really not safe. This is not an isolated incident. Just google it and you will find a ton more. The choice is up to you but personally I stay far away from anything with this ingredient in the profile.

"The choice is yours, live or die."

Acute neurotoxicity after yohimbine ingestion by a body builder.
I detest yohimbine... but the guy took 5000mg of the stuff. The most I've seen in a single product is 8-10mg per dose. WTF?

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
ya, it says 5 grams. you shouldnt ever take that much even spread throughout your lifetime

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
i like yohimbe in the 1-3mg dose. higher than that and i get all the bad sides

narraboth

Awards
  • Established
I have read that insulin can neutralise yohimbine's effect totally.
sounds not a very effective stuff, compare to its risk.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Good gods, thats a lot of yohimbe. Even 3mg can freak me out...I just can't even imagine how bad that guy must have felt.

scb2121

Awards
Yeah and it really upsets me that you can buy ibuprofen and take 300 caps and die /s

5grams of yohimbe is obscene,

Overdose requiring hospitalization occurring from as little as 2 grams of caffeine has been reported.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i take 800mg ibprofen and i feel like im having a heart attack from gastro relux/GERD

i feel like im dying

i have taken up to 30mg of Various yohimbines, worst i ever had was a headache.

ever user is different im very tolerant to a lot of things. blah

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I usually take 9mg and I'm appropriately stimmed, but 5 GRAMS!!! Did he think he was scooping into his protein tub or something, damn.

Given Yohimbine is a gray area supp, a general rule for anything you ingest is keeping it in moderation. Vitamin C is toxic at excessive doses. When you take 555.5% of the max recommended dosage for Yohimbine, which in a sense would be about 11,110mg of Vitamin C, you'd end up going to the hospital for that one as well.

I mean really, 5 GRAMS, the guy is an idiot. That's like taking 140mg of Ephedrine in a single setting or whatever idiotic, excessive dosing of a supplement and/or vitamin. Everything in moderation, because almost anything abused is bad for you. There's even such a thing as water poisoning for gawd sakes.