celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This is the ingredient profile:

This is the link to product description:

http://www.axislabs.net/images/label_myodrol.gif

This is open for intelligent discussion. No pimping yet, since no one has tried it yet... unless you picked it up at the Arnold :head:

*Mods, if my link is against the rules, please feel free to remove it.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
looks cool:)

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
theBigT told me about this.... you have my attention :)

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
never seen those ingredients. subbed to see if it works

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
the first ingredient i think is just saw palmetto but i cant figure out off the top of my head what the second one is... doenst look too impressive but i havent tried it so cant give any real feedback...

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm all for trying out new products. I'm definitely looking for forward to this one.

Hopefully it pans out. At this point, no one has tried it that I'm aware of though.

Jared, yes you're on the right track. Here's a brief introduction from a link that BillyBob found for us:

The carotenoid astaxanthin (AX) from Haematococcus pluvialis, Saw Palmetto berry lipid extract (SPLE) from Serenoa repens and the precise combination of these dietary supplements, Alphastat® (Mytosterone(™)), have been reported to have inhibitory effects on both 5AR and AER in-vitro. Concomitant regulation of both enzymes in-vivo would cause DHT and ES blood levels to decrease and T levels to increase.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well how about that? I'm in for the good times. Hey, maybe it'll be the test booster for those sensitive to dht induced hairloss. :D

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well how about that? I'm in for the good times. Hey, maybe it'll be the test booster for those sensitive to dht induced hairloss. :D
yup, that's one of the things that it's supposed to be good with. Hopefully it'll work out, we just have to wait for now :smirk:

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
I'm all for trying out new products. I'm definitely looking for forward to this one.

Hopefully it pans out. At this point, no one has tried it that I'm aware of though.

Jared, yes you're on the right track. Here's a brief introduction from a link that BillyBob found for us:

The carotenoid astaxanthin (AX) from Haematococcus pluvialis, Saw Palmetto berry lipid extract (SPLE) from Serenoa repens and the precise combination of these dietary supplements, Alphastat® (Mytosterone(™)), have been reported to have inhibitory effects on both 5AR and AER in-vitro. Concomitant regulation of both enzymes in-vivo would cause DHT and ES blood levels to decrease and T levels to increase.

Will be cool if it works. Will watch the logs closely.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Isn't that one-half of methyl arimatest?
I'm not sure :think: Could you elaborate a little and maybe I could find out the answer for you.

Subbed. Interested in finding out more.
Actually, me too LOL I'm interested to find out more myself. All I really know is the ingredient profile from the Axis site.

Will be cool if it works. Will watch the logs closely.
I'm hoping it will work too :D The study looks promising and I'm sure we'll have some logs going to see how response goes :head:

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
We got some general feedback fellas! :head:

This is a quote from BBing that he offered on his own:

Been taking for about a week now, yes my buddy and i got it at the arnold. I can def notice a difference i cant wait to see whats going to keep happening as i finish the bottle.

Sion

Sion

Awards
same compound as in cryotest from muscletech i think.i like it

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
yes, I'm thinking that you are correct. Of course, we have slightly less than 6.7 zillion ingredients on the Myodrol profile though :laugh:

JohnT

Awards
Saw palmetto, and is that astaxanthin you extracted for in the haematococcus pluvialis...I am curious as to the mechanisms if known of each extract? Thanks :)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i am thinking myodrol is dosed much higher. myodrol dose is 2 caps=800mg, dosed 2x daily=1600mg daily dose. i am thinking 2 bottles would be a nice run and maybe up it to 3/2 or 2/3 to get the full 2000mg per day dose that saw the best results in the study.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Isn't that one-half of methyl arimatest?
Yes but half the dose, since this is 1600mg a day, the arimatest is 800 for the day along the 7methoxy. Guys I would add an AI to this supp for the reason that DHT is being blocked(natures AI), so Sustain Alpha would be a nice addition, and my sponsor is carrying it if anyone wants it cheaper than at the Axis site.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
JohnT,
I have to be honest. I have no clue about the extraction process. IIRC, the study I've seen doesn't really delve into the extraction process. Give me some time, and I'll do my best to get that answered for you though.

BigT,
estradiol levels were dose dependent. Test levels shouldn't be though, according to the study posted by Billybob ( http://www.jissn.com/content/5/1/12 ). So dosing is probably gonna depend on individual response.

Andrew,
all reasonable points. I suppose we'll have to experiment to figure out how to best stack, keeping your points in mind. Also, hopefully NP will be carrying Myodrol too :usa2:

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I, and my hairline, would LOVE to log this over here.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Andrew,
I was thinking a little more about the DHT dilemma. I'm not comparing Myodrol to these supplements, but rather using them to facilitate discussion.

Formestane does a really good job of controlling DHT. And it's the supplement that makes me the most aggressive out of anything I've ever tried. So blocking DHT doesn't always mean that a product isn't good for strength and/or aggression.

Another example from the opposite perspective is androstenetrione. It binds strongly to the androgen receptor and makes me shed more than any designer I've ever tried. It also makes me break out like a 16 year old who doesn't wash his face :laugh:

So it's possible we're trying to control the AI effects. And at the same time according to the study, it's not really hindering response. Again this is just shop talk and by no means THE word on Myodrol. Just trying to consider all the angles.

I, and my hairline, would LOVE to log this over here.
Mine too. My lousy hairline isn't really something I ever think about personally, but I know it's a big deal for a lot of fellas.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Formestane is relatively safe on the hairline?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Formestane is relatively safe on the hairline?
yes, and speaking of formestane-if you wanted to run a ai w/myodrol, i think formestane would be ideal.

although according to the study an ai wouldn't be necessary-i just love form and think it would enhance effects while keeping estrogen AND dht in check.

Sion

Sion

Awards
at high doses mytosterone reduces estrogen.In the study that muscletech had in their ads you can see it

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
at high doses mytosterone reduces estrogen.In the study that muscletech had in their ads you can see it
i agree that the study says that-but there was some debate that lowering dht might have a effect on estrogen-so we really need to try it and see.

btw-the muscletech supp wasn't dosed very high so that study is moot as far as that product was concerned-the myodrol is dosed much higher, so the study should be more relevant to the myodrol.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
that's true according to the study in the link that I threw in above. At 800mg test was boosted with only slight estrogen dip. At 1600mg, test boost was the same but estrogen dropped significantly more than the lower dose.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Honestly I have seen and noted over the years that MuscleTech was ahead of the game with all their researchers, however, they did not take advantage, and underdosed EVERYTHING except for caffeine. They are a dissapointment to the supplement industry, you can lead a horse to the wale, but if he does not drink, then he will not hydrate himself(my version). They basically try to scheme people, why, simple, THEY DO NOT BELIVE IN NATURAL SUPPLEMENTATION, and have NO INGEGRITY whatsoever.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Honestly I have seen and noted over the years that MuscleTech was ahead of the game with all their researchers, however, they did not take advantage, and underdosed EVERYTHING except for caffeine. They are a dissapointment to the supplement industry, you can lead a horse to the wale, but if he does not drink, then he will not hydrate himself(my version). They basically try to scheme people, why, simple, THEY DO NOT BELIVE IN NATURAL SUPPLEMENTATION, and have NO INGEGRITY whatsoever.
they do however believe in making money-and seem to be quite good at it.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
that's true according to the study in the link that I threw in above. At 800mg test was boosted with only slight estrogen dip. At 1600mg, test boost was the same but estrogen dropped significantly more than the lower dose.
if you dose it at 1600 or 2/2 caps per day-i am willing to try the 3/2 or 2/3 dosing for 2000mg daily and compare results to see if they are significant.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Andrew,
I was thinking a little more about the DHT dilemma. I'm not comparing Myodrol to these supplements, but rather using them to facilitate discussion.

Formestane does a really good job of controlling DHT. And it's the supplement that makes me the most aggressive out of anything I've ever tried. So blocking DHT doesn't always mean that a product isn't good for strength and/or aggression.

Another example from the opposite perspective is androstenetrione. It binds strongly to the androgen receptor and makes me shed more than any designer I've ever tried. It also makes me break out like a 16 year old who doesn't wash his face :laugh:

So it's possible we're trying to control the AI effects. And at the same time according to the study, it's not really hindering response. Again this is just shop talk and by no means THE word on Myodrol. Just trying to consider all the angles.

Mine too. My lousy hairline isn't really something I ever think about personally, but I know it's a big deal for a lot of fellas.
See this is the issue with DHT and androgen receptor binding, one is not to know how it will effect the individual due to physiology. I will say this, since formestane is androgenic it will naturally cause aggression, lets say it did not block DHT, maybe people would be even more aggressive, just a motion of thought. Myodrol will not work the same as Form nor Proscar, its pretty much in its own world. We shall see from users how it turns out to be in terms of benefits. The reason that androstenetrione made you break out was due to the 800% increase in estrogen that is noted with all andros, estrogen is a primary hormone for causing acne unlike the common myth of it being from testosterone. With elevated testosterone comes elevated estrogen. I think taking Formestane with this would not be ideal, its nice to have some DHT, and one could possible aggrevate gyno if they are prone to it. 6-bromo or aromasin ftw!

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Androsterone pulsed is another idea....

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yes sir, still planning it out LOL!
i should get mine this week hopefully-i look forward to comparing notes. should be a fun ride.:cheers:

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
they do however believe in making money-and seem to be quite good at it.
That being said, how many people try their products then never go back? There are many of the companies on AM that have a very loyal and repetitive "fan base" and we won't look elsewhere easily because we found legit products. I never have taken anything MusclTech and never will because I know it is crap but I was lucky enough to be steered away in my early days, by of all people, my local GNC store manager that is a good guy.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The reason that androstenetrione made you break out was due to the 800% increase in estrogen
Hmm, that's interesting. The study I read showed no change in estrogen. Either way, it seems to be a dud in estrogen control department and not the pct miracle it was tauted to be.

I know I know, where's the link? I can't freakin find it and I've been looking for it like crazy! I believe SomeWhatGifted posted the link to the pdf on here a long time ago, but still can't seem to find it :think:

swoody

swoody

Awards
  • Established
Looks solid!

In other news...

I wish companies would stop using the term "Drol" in their products (like test boosters) cause then I get all glossy-eyed and excited thinking, "Oooooooooooh! New prohormone/prosteroid CANDY!! Almost as good as a good bone!" But then when I'd go to look up the ingredient profile to answer that proverbial bone, their whas like nooo wayyy...:sad:

But STILL... solid looking product :) It will be interesting to see how it pans out with blocking the negative aspects of DHT while promoting the positive aspects of it (libido, increased aggression and alpha-male mentality, etc...)

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
See this is the issue with DHT and androgen receptor binding, one is not to know how it will effect the individual due to physiology. I will say this, since formestane is androgenic it will naturally cause aggression, lets say it did not block DHT, maybe people would be even more aggressive, just a motion of thought. Myodrol will not work the same as Form nor Proscar, its pretty much in its own world. We shall see from users how it turns out to be in terms of benefits. The reason that androstenetrione made you break out was due to the 800% increase in estrogen that is noted with all andros, estrogen is a primary hormone for causing acne unlike the common myth of it being from testosterone. With elevated testosterone comes elevated estrogen. I think taking Formestane with this would not be ideal, its nice to have some DHT, and one could possible aggrevate gyno if they are prone to it. 6-bromo or aromasin ftw!
Mmm 6-bromo. If this stacks well with this then I might have to try this out. I have 2 bottles of 6-bromo(and half bottle of HD-X2) but they might be reserved for pulsing purposes if not though its on :fest30:

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ouf,
interesting perspective. I actually thought I had decent results with Cell Tech back in the day. Then i tried bulk monohydrate and realized I got the same results with that LOL We have to live and learn I supposed :D

Swoody,
it could be worse, we could have named it MyoRoidExplodeX2 :laugh:

Tomahawk,
I'm not sure why you'd want to pulse AI's :think:

Swoody,
for your next rant, give all these guys helll who want to pulse things :stooges:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
all i can say is i am excited to try it out. the potential seems to be there for this to be a decent product, and maybe more than just decent-i guess we will have to see. package hasn't come yet-shooting for monday, i will just have to be patient.:damnit1:

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ouf,
interesting perspective. I actually thought I had decent results with Cell Tech back in the day. Then i tried bulk monohydrate and realized I got the same results with that LOL We have to live and learn I supposed :D

Swoody,
it could be worse, we could have named it MyoRoidExplodeX2 :laugh:

Tomahawk,

Swoody,
for your next rant, give all these guys helll who want to pulse things :stooges:
I didnt pulse the AI I used it at night. They say to take it "off" nights but I took it every night and it seemed to work out well.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Bump for info! Not many places selling it yet, it seems.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
the only place i have seen it is the axis site. i am hoping they will do some kind of promo.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i found it at 1 big site i sometimes shop at for $33.95. damn, that seems like a really good price-according to the study test is raised in 3 days and doubled in 14-and with the 2000mg or 5 cap dose estrogen was also lowered by 9%.

Vengeance187

Vengeance187

Awards
I wish companies would stop using the term "Drol" in their products (like test boosters) cause then I get all glossy-eyed and excited thinking, "Oooooooooooh! New prohormone/prosteroid CANDY!! Almost as good as a good bone!" But then when I'd go to look up the ingredient profile to answer that proverbial bone, their whas like nooo wayyy...:sad:
Then there's also the other end of the stick...concerned girlfriends and parents that think you're on steroids when it's just a test booster...
Tomahawk,
He meant to use the AI on the off days of a pulse of PH's...

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Then there's also the other end of the stick...concerned girlfriends and parents that think you're on steroids when it's just a test booster
I tell my gf that everything I take is steroid. She hears it so often that she has no idea when I actually am on something :laugh: It's none of her business really.

Now on the flip side, you might be a parent. In my opinion, the best way to deal with that is to educate. I'm not sure what age group Myodrol would be safe for. If this is your concern, let me know and I'll find out.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
As far as I know, there's a small handful of people that actually have Myodrol. Those are the lucky ones who got it at the Arnold a week or 2 ago. I suspect we'll start seeing it in more stores since it's just now becoming available for us reps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 2
Ari Gold Product Reviews 0
Supplements 3
BBB 35 and Older 2
thebigt Supplement Logs 175