What are the BEST Protein Bars on the Market?!?!

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Registered User
    Z28Luver7777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    641
    Rep Power
    98211

    What are the BEST Protein Bars on the Market?!?!


    I know that different Protein bars affect your body differently depending on what your goal is. So what is the BEST protein bar for:

    1. Mass Building/Muscle Growth
    2. Fat Loss
    3. Endurance/Stamina
    4.Meal Replacement

    and whens the best time to eat them?

    Thank You

  2. Registered User
    jumpshot903's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,384
    Rep Power
    12045

    Protein bars in my mind do not replace whole foods at all and should really only be used when you cant access a proper meal or for some other reason, however depending on the size they can be good snacks but the meal replacement ones should only be used in my mind if you miss a meal or cant get a meal in but as far as best bars goes id reccomend maybe going to gnc picking looking at the nutrtional details of some picking out maybe one of each that has a good nutrtional value find out which one tastes best or which one you like best then order a good amount online or unless theres a clearance at GNC. Just my .02 cents
  3. IBE/PHF Rep
    Board Sponsor
    AK32408's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    PA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,434
    Rep Power
    1308

    The best ones are the ones you can make at home.

    Check out the recipe section on here !!
    IBE/PHF Boladrol - The Most Potent PH in the World - Available Now!
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    SilentBob187's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Age
    29
    Posts
    7,853
    Rep Power
    11113

    Quote Originally Posted by AK32408 View Post
    The best ones are the ones you can make at home.

    Check out the recipe section on here !!
    x2

    However if you're in a pinch (stuck at work)

    VPX Zero Impact bars (~450 calories, good fats/low sugar, 30g protein)

    Detour Oatmeal bars (~450 calories, ~10g fat, high carb/lower (10g) sugar, 30g protein)
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  5. Registered User
    kurtphyre's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Age
    30
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    87

    Quote Originally Posted by AK32408 View Post
    The best ones are the ones you can make at home.

    Check out the recipe section on here !!
    Care to provide a link? How do your homemade bars taste?
  6. Registered User
    sanchezgreg18's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,682
    Rep Power
    915

    theres tons of recipes on here in the recipe section. but another good bar that i dont see mentioned is the 2:1 bar. 32 Grams of protein, 15 carbs and
    # CoQ10
    # Fish Oils (Omega 3 & 6)
    # BCAA'S
    # CLA
    # Arginine
    # Beta-Alanine
    # Glutamine

    but all those extras are in undisclosed amounts so they could be negligible anyways, but they taste good.
  7. IBE/PHF Rep
    Board Sponsor
    AK32408's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    PA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,434
    Rep Power
    1308

    Quote Originally Posted by kurtphyre View Post
    Care to provide a link? How do your homemade bars taste?
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/recipes/

    I make Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie flavored bars. They're amazing and I have control of what goes in them unlike the pre-made ones you buy in stores.
    IBE/PHF Boladrol - The Most Potent PH in the World - Available Now!
  8. The BPS Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Resolve's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,066
    Rep Power
    350691

    There are no good mass-produced bars, IMO.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***
  9. Registered User
    Z28Luver7777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    641
    Rep Power
    98211

    Are their any mass produced bars specifically for fat loss or muscle building?
  10. The BPS Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Resolve's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,066
    Rep Power
    350691

    Quote Originally Posted by Z28Luver7777 View Post
    Are their any mass produced bars specifically for fat loss or muscle building?
    There are bars marketed as such, but their actual efficacy is so poor that they aren't worth the price.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***
  11. Registered User
    Ironhyde's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    183
    Rep Power
    147

    I really like the Detour oatmeal bars. 460 calories, 58g carbs, and 30g protein. Eat it with two cups of chocolate milk and you have a nice 880 calorie snack with 48g protein. I suppose this would fall under the OP's bar designation as a mass builder, muscle growth bar.
  12. Registered User
    Ddono25's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Issaquah
    Age
    30
    Posts
    134
    Rep Power
    185

    I am a huge fan of Clif Builder Bars. Only 20 grams of protein but none of it is gelatin (as opposed to nearly every other high protein bar) and no artificial sweeteners or sugar alcohols. Tastes awesome and can really satisfy chocolate or sugar cravings. 30 grams of carbs and only 8 grams of fat from flax and sunflower oils. I usually stop and grab one and a pint of milk for a snack/quick meal.

    Yes, it is soy protein so don't overdo it, but they're the best when you're in a pinch, which really should be the only time you are looking for a bar.
  13. Registered User
    Kristofer68SS's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    misery
    Age
    41
    Posts
    5,599
    Rep Power
    13729

    Best protein bar I have had is BetterProteinBars by Needtobuildmuscle.

    Kind of homemade. You add Smart Balance Peanut Butter, Honey and Water then the Need2 dry ingredients.

    I have never made protein bars before, it was easy and they taste damn good.

    P/C/F- 26g/36g/21g
  14. Registered User
    msucurt's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    St. Augustine
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,514
    Rep Power
    1795

    supreme pb bars. Better than snickers. Ingredients are legit.

    http://www.carbessentials.net/store/...eme%20Bars.JPG
  15. Registered User
    seunim's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    472
    Rep Power
    293

    Also like the 2:1 bars in a pinch.
  16. Registered User
    noot's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Age
    25
    Posts
    340
    Rep Power
    21247

    Pretty expensive way of getting your protein though. At like $2-3/bar. Sure, you can get some good deal online, but as with a lot of things, powders usually have an advantage when it comes to pricing.
    Shredding (3/19/13): OxyElite Pro (Original Formula) + Compound 20
  17. Registered User
    bluehealer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Earth, for a short while.
    Posts
    997
    Rep Power
    3527

    Big Colossal
  18. Registered User
    TheDarkHalf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    DC
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,398
    Rep Power
    10713

    Oh So Good by ANSI are pretty legit. They taste great. I work as a bouncer on the weekends and a powerlifter who was in the bar saw me break out my protein bar and asked for a piece....so I gave him one and now he's hooked.
  19. Banned
    pigpen75's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    668
    Rep Power
    0

    The Mecca of all protein bars period!


    The best protein bar i've ever eaten

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    First off, i've been eating protein bars since 1985 w/ the Tiger Milk bars. I was a the Arnolds and sampled Labradas cinnamon bun cookie roll bar. its simple amazing, my order just came in and i'm celebrating. Thank you labrada.

  20. Registered User
    JN230's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,071
    Rep Power
    6816

    home made is the whey to go.... if you need a starte kit kinda thing ********************** has a bag where you add PB and a lil whey and you're set, but ya typical protein bars are high protein candy bars, itd be cheaper to have a snickers and a scoop of protein
  21. Registered User
    BarbellBeast's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Beast15 - 15% off @ NTBM
    Posts
    4,086
    Rep Power
    5372

    Quote Originally Posted by Kristofer68SS View Post
    Best protein bar I have had is BetterProteinBars by Needtobuildmuscle.

    Kind of homemade. You add Smart Balance Peanut Butter, Honey and Water then the Need2 dry ingredients.

    I have never made protein bars before, it was easy and they taste damn good.

    P/C/F- 26g/36g/21g
    IMO these are the best too. All natural, and there's tons of recipes over at **** forums for low carb, 0 sugar to suit your needs.

    The taste of these just can't be beat. I've tried almost all the protein bars out there too. My favorites are CHOC RASP, CHOC BANANA, and the original.. The Sour Apple is good too if you like that kinda thing.
  22. Registered User
    Young Gotti's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Toy Town
    Posts
    5,326
    Rep Power
    954759

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbellBeast View Post
    IMO these are the best too. All natural, and there's tons of recipes over at **** forums for low carb, 0 sugar to suit your needs.

    The taste of these just can't be beat. I've tried almost all the protein bars out there too. My favorites are CHOC RASP, CHOC BANANA, and the original.. The Sour Apple is good too if you like that kinda thing.
    Sour Apple! FTW!
    I Force Anabolic Minion, Eat, Train, Grow
    Iforcenutrition.com
  23. Registered User
    Pro_MAX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    83
    Rep Power
    83

    the 2:1 bars are the best!
  24. Registered User
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Killinois
    Posts
    7,375
    Rep Power
    724206

    quest protein bars are by far the best/highest quality out there. nextto that i probably choose vpx zero impact.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  25. Registered User
    BarbellBeast's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Beast15 - 15% off @ NTBM
    Posts
    4,086
    Rep Power
    5372

    I thought the quest bars tasted horrible. I don't think I could choke those down everyday...
  26. Registered User
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Killinois
    Posts
    7,375
    Rep Power
    724206

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbellBeast View Post
    I thought the quest bars tasted horrible. I don't think I could choke those down everyday...
    they dont taste that bad and which you would rather have a bar that tastes eh but is pretty much similar to a homeade bar or a crap protiein bar with tons of filler and soy and HFC that tastes good>>? if we are truly chasing after health goals Quest is by far theebest choice out there.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  27. Registered User
    BarbellBeast's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Beast15 - 15% off @ NTBM
    Posts
    4,086
    Rep Power
    5372

    Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    they dont taste that bad and which you would rather have a bar that tastes eh but is pretty much similar to a homeade bar or a crap protiein bar with tons of filler and soy and HFC that tastes good>>? if we are truly chasing after health goals Quest is by far theebest choice out there.
    I can't remember what's all in the quest bars.. I just love using the better protein bars. All natural and I know whats going in them cause I make em. And I still haven't tasted a protein bar that tastes better. Esp the Chocolate Raspberry BPB. They're absolutely delish.
  28. Registered User
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Killinois
    Posts
    7,375
    Rep Power
    724206

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbellBeast View Post
    I can't remember what's all in the quest bars.. I just love using the better protein bars. All natural and I know whats going in them cause I make em. And I still haven't tasted a protein bar that tastes better. Esp the Chocolate Raspberry BPB. They're absolutely delish.
    Protein Blend (Whey Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Isolate), Chicory Root Fiber, Peanut Butter, Dry Roasted Almonds, Water, Raw Almonds, Peanuts, Natural Flavors, Sea Salt, Lo Han Guo, Sucralose.

    ^^ quest

    i agree ones that you can make are probably better but for those who prefer to purchase these are as good as it gets IMO.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  29. Registered User
    BarbellBeast's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Beast15 - 15% off @ NTBM
    Posts
    4,086
    Rep Power
    5372

    Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    Protein Blend (Whey Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Isolate), Chicory Root Fiber, Peanut Butter, Dry Roasted Almonds, Water, Raw Almonds, Peanuts, Natural Flavors, Sea Salt, Lo Han Guo, Sucralose.

    ^^ quest

    i agree ones that you can make are probably better but for those who prefer to purchase these are as good as it gets IMO.
    Agreed brother... WTH is Lo Han Guo???
  30. Registered User
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Killinois
    Posts
    7,375
    Rep Power
    724206

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbellBeast View Post
    Agreed brother... WTH is Lo Han Guo???
    well if you must ask haha

    Siraitia grosvenorii is an herbaceous perennial vine native to southern China and Northern Thailand. The plant is best known for its fruit, commonly called luo han guo or luo han kuo (from the Chinese luhn guǒ, 羅漢果, 罗汉果, sometimes printed lohoguo in Hong Kong[1]), la han qua (from Vietnamese la hn quả), arhat fruit, Buddha fruit, or monk fruit. Botanical synonyms include Momordica grosvenorii and Thladiantha grosvenorii. The fruit is one of several that have been called longevity fruit.[2] The species was named in honor of Gilbert Grosvenor.
    The plant is cultivated for its fruit, used for cooling drinks and in traditional Chinese medicine. The fruit extract is nearly 300 times sweeter than sugar and has been used as a natural low-calorie sweetener in China for nearly a millennium to treat diabetes and obesity[2]

    pulled from good olwikipedia
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  31. Registered User
    BarbellBeast's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Beast15 - 15% off @ NTBM
    Posts
    4,086
    Rep Power
    5372

    Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    well if you must ask haha

    Siraitia grosvenorii is an herbaceous perennial vine native to southern China and Northern Thailand. The plant is best known for its fruit, commonly called luo han guo or luo han kuo (from the Chinese luhn guǒ, 羅漢果, 罗汉果, sometimes printed lohoguo in Hong Kong[1]), la han qua (from Vietnamese la hn quả), arhat fruit, Buddha fruit, or monk fruit. Botanical synonyms include Momordica grosvenorii and Thladiantha grosvenorii. The fruit is one of several that have been called longevity fruit.[2] The species was named in honor of Gilbert Grosvenor.
    The plant is cultivated for its fruit, used for cooling drinks and in traditional Chinese medicine. The fruit extract is nearly 300 times sweeter than sugar and has been used as a natural low-calorie sweetener in China for nearly a millennium to treat diabetes and obesity[2]

    pulled from good olwikipedia


    Ah a sweetener... LOL
  32. Registered User
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northeastern United States
    Posts
    15,495
    Rep Power
    4267887

    Hmmmm....A NeedTobuildmuscle rep saying he likes N2BuildMuscle bars the best.....


    That's not suspect at all.
  33. Registered User
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northeastern United States
    Posts
    15,495
    Rep Power
    4267887

    Quest bars are the best period.
  34. Registered User
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Killinois
    Posts
    7,375
    Rep Power
    724206

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Quest bars are the best period.
    word
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  35. Registered User
    TheDarkHalf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    DC
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,398
    Rep Power
    10713

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Hmmmm....A NeedTobuildmuscle rep saying he likes N2BuildMuscle bars the best.....
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Quest bars are the best period.
    I've had both quest bars. To be honest....they are the CLEANEST bar you can find on the market. They are 15g of PURE FIBER! However...I thought the texture was a little off and that they were a little dry. I liked them best after sticking them in the micro for 10-20 sec.

    As for the better bars....I've never tried them, but just ordered my first bag so i'm looking for to them
  36. Registered User
    RickRock13's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Age
    40
    Posts
    9,352
    Rep Power
    989349

    I've never had quest, so I can't comment on them. The only ones I have had are the **** better protein bars and some GNC bars (can't remember the brand...Tiger or something like that) and the bars from GNC were flat out nasty. I'm usually not big on protein bars, but the better protein bars were actually very good and I have my 2nd bag of them on the way
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"
  37. Registered User
    monstermash's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,990
    Rep Power
    19724

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbellBeast View Post
    I thought the quest bars tasted horrible. I don't think I could choke those down everyday...
    Not a huge fan of the peanutbutter flavored one but the Vanilla Almond Crunch one is awesome IMHO. Everyone I've let try it has bought a box themslves.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkHalf View Post
    I've had both quest bars. To be honest....they are the CLEANEST bar you can find on the market. They are 15g of PURE FIBER! However...I thought the texture was a little off and that they were a little dry. I liked them best after sticking them in the micro for 10-20 sec.
    Don't forget it's prebiotic fiber too.

    Quest protein bars are my go to bar till something better comes out. I heard they're making new flavors too
    :blindfold:
  38. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Milas's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NoVA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,006
    Rep Power
    36685

    I've tried a bunch, what I settled on for mass-produced bars are the PureProtein bars made by Worldwide. You can get them on Amazon relatively cheap, and their nutrition is good for a snack (~180-200 calories, 20g protein, low carb/sugar).

    For home-made, I do like the Better Protein Bars, though I've only tried the Chocolate Raspberry. I had tried making my own before, but couldn't get the taste or macros quite right. The Better Protein Bars however were easy to make and I didn't have to buy a bunch of different ingredients to make them. The other thing I like is they last a really long time, I'm still working on my first batch!

    I'm going to try the Chocolate Banana next, I'll put in some extra PB to get the flavor mixed in good! Lots of things to experiment with, maybe I'll add some coconut too! NOM!
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes
  39. Registered User
    BarbellBeast's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Beast15 - 15% off @ NTBM
    Posts
    4,086
    Rep Power
    5372

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Hmmmm....A NeedTobuildmuscle rep saying he likes N2BuildMuscle bars the best.....


    That's not suspect at all.
    Damn right I like them the best.. The taste cannot be beat. They're great. Just not carb friendly cause of the honey... But alot of ppl use SF syrups and such in place of the honey.
  40. Registered User
    ryansm's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,142
    Rep Power
    22025

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Quest bars are the best period.
    They do have the best profile out there...but they don't taste that great imo, however that isn't a deterrent for me.

    Personally I would rather make my own

  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Titan Bars vs Dymatize Elite Gourmet Protein Bars
    By FitModel in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-31-2011, 07:43 PM
  2. Protein Balls - **** Better Protein Bars reviewed
    By steam in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-09-2011, 03:38 AM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-16-2009, 08:42 PM
  4. Which is the best MRP/protein bar on the market?
    By jjohn in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-09-2006, 01:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in