What are the BEST Protein Bars on the Market?!?!

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know that different Protein bars affect your body differently depending on what your goal is. So what is the BEST protein bar for:

1. Mass Building/Muscle Growth
2. Fat Loss
3. Endurance/Stamina
4.Meal Replacement

and whens the best time to eat them?

Thank You

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
Protein bars in my mind do not replace whole foods at all and should really only be used when you cant access a proper meal or for some other reason, however depending on the size they can be good snacks but the meal replacement ones should only be used in my mind if you miss a meal or cant get a meal in but as far as best bars goes id reccomend maybe going to gnc picking looking at the nutrtional details of some picking out maybe one of each that has a good nutrtional value find out which one tastes best or which one you like best then order a good amount online or unless theres a clearance at GNC. Just my .02 cents

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
The best ones are the ones you can make at home.

Check out the recipe section on here !!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
The best ones are the ones you can make at home.

Check out the recipe section on here !!
x2

However if you're in a pinch (stuck at work)

VPX Zero Impact bars (~450 calories, good fats/low sugar, 30g protein)

Detour Oatmeal bars (~450 calories, ~10g fat, high carb/lower (10g) sugar, 30g protein)

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
theres tons of recipes on here in the recipe section. but another good bar that i dont see mentioned is the 2:1 bar. 32 Grams of protein, 15 carbs and
# CoQ10
# Fish Oils (Omega 3 & 6)
# BCAA'S
# CLA
# Arginine
# Beta-Alanine
# Glutamine

but all those extras are in undisclosed amounts so they could be negligible anyways, but they taste good.

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are their any mass produced bars specifically for fat loss or muscle building?

Ironhyde

Ironhyde

Awards
I really like the Detour oatmeal bars. 460 calories, 58g carbs, and 30g protein. Eat it with two cups of chocolate milk and you have a nice 880 calorie snack with 48g protein. I suppose this would fall under the OP's bar designation as a mass builder, muscle growth bar.

Ddono25

Awards
I am a huge fan of Clif Builder Bars. Only 20 grams of protein but none of it is gelatin (as opposed to nearly every other high protein bar) and no artificial sweeteners or sugar alcohols. Tastes awesome and can really satisfy chocolate or sugar cravings. 30 grams of carbs and only 8 grams of fat from flax and sunflower oils. I usually stop and grab one and a pint of milk for a snack/quick meal.

Yes, it is soy protein so don't overdo it, but they're the best when you're in a pinch, which really should be the only time you are looking for a bar.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Best protein bar I have had is BetterProteinBars by Needtobuildmuscle.

Kind of homemade. You add Smart Balance Peanut Butter, Honey and Water then the Need2 dry ingredients.

I have never made protein bars before, it was easy and they taste damn good.

P/C/F- 26g/36g/21g

noot

noot

Awards
  • Established
Pretty expensive way of getting your protein though. At like $2-3/bar. Sure, you can get some good deal online, but as with a lot of things, powders usually have an advantage when it comes to pricing.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Oh So Good by ANSI are pretty legit. They taste great. I work as a bouncer on the weekends and a powerlifter who was in the bar saw me break out my protein bar and asked for a piece....so I gave him one and now he's hooked.

pigpen75

pigpen75

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The Mecca of all protein bars period!

The best protein bar i've ever eaten

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First off, i've been eating protein bars since 1985 w/ the Tiger Milk bars. I was a the Arnolds and sampled Labradas cinnamon bun cookie roll bar. its simple amazing, my order just came in and i'm celebrating. Thank you labrada.

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
home made is the whey to go.... if you need a starte kit kinda thing needtobuildmuscle.com has a bag where you add PB and a lil whey and you're set, but ya typical protein bars are high protein candy bars, itd be cheaper to have a snickers and a scoop of protein

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Best protein bar I have had is BetterProteinBars by Needtobuildmuscle.

Kind of homemade. You add Smart Balance Peanut Butter, Honey and Water then the Need2 dry ingredients.

I have never made protein bars before, it was easy and they taste damn good.

P/C/F- 26g/36g/21g
IMO these are the best too. All natural, and there's tons of recipes over at NTBM forums for low carb, 0 sugar to suit your needs.

The taste of these just can't be beat. I've tried almost all the protein bars out there too. My favorites are CHOC RASP, CHOC BANANA, and the original.. The Sour Apple is good too if you like that kinda thing.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
IMO these are the best too. All natural, and there's tons of recipes over at NTBM forums for low carb, 0 sugar to suit your needs.

The taste of these just can't be beat. I've tried almost all the protein bars out there too. My favorites are CHOC RASP, CHOC BANANA, and the original.. The Sour Apple is good too if you like that kinda thing.
Sour Apple! FTW!

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
quest protein bars are by far the best/highest quality out there. nextto that i probably choose vpx zero impact.

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I thought the quest bars tasted horrible. I don't think I could choke those down everyday...

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I thought the quest bars tasted horrible. I don't think I could choke those down everyday...
they dont taste that bad and which you would rather have a bar that tastes eh but is pretty much similar to a homeade bar or a crap protiein bar with tons of filler and soy and HFC that tastes good>>? if we are truly chasing after health goals Quest is by far theebest choice out there.

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
they dont taste that bad and which you would rather have a bar that tastes eh but is pretty much similar to a homeade bar or a crap protiein bar with tons of filler and soy and HFC that tastes good>>? if we are truly chasing after health goals Quest is by far theebest choice out there.
I can't remember what's all in the quest bars.. I just love using the better protein bars. All natural and I know whats going in them cause I make em. And I still haven't tasted a protein bar that tastes better. Esp the Chocolate Raspberry BPB. They're absolutely delish.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can't remember what's all in the quest bars.. I just love using the better protein bars. All natural and I know whats going in them cause I make em. And I still haven't tasted a protein bar that tastes better. Esp the Chocolate Raspberry BPB. They're absolutely delish.
Protein Blend (Whey Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Isolate), Chicory Root Fiber, Peanut Butter, Dry Roasted Almonds, Water, Raw Almonds, Peanuts, Natural Flavors, Sea Salt, Lo Han Guo, Sucralose.

^^ quest

i agree ones that you can make are probably better but for those who prefer to purchase these are as good as it gets IMO.

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Protein Blend (Whey Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Isolate), Chicory Root Fiber, Peanut Butter, Dry Roasted Almonds, Water, Raw Almonds, Peanuts, Natural Flavors, Sea Salt, Lo Han Guo, Sucralose.

^^ quest

i agree ones that you can make are probably better but for those who prefer to purchase these are as good as it gets IMO.
Agreed brother... WTH is Lo Han Guo???

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agreed brother... WTH is Lo Han Guo???
well if you must ask haha

Siraitia grosvenorii is an herbaceous perennial vine native to southern China and Northern Thailand. The plant is best known for its fruit, commonly called luo han guo or luo han kuo (from the Chinese luóhàn guǒ, 羅漢果, 罗汉果, sometimes printed lohoguo in Hong Kong[1]), la han qua (from Vietnamese la hán quả), arhat fruit, Buddha fruit, or monk fruit. Botanical synonyms include Momordica grosvenorii and Thladiantha grosvenorii. The fruit is one of several that have been called longevity fruit.[2] The species was named in honor of Gilbert Grosvenor.
The plant is cultivated for its fruit, used for cooling drinks and in traditional Chinese medicine. The fruit extract is nearly 300 times sweeter than sugar and has been used as a natural low-calorie sweetener in China for nearly a millennium to treat diabetes and obesity[2]

pulled from good olwikipedia

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
well if you must ask haha

Siraitia grosvenorii is an herbaceous perennial vine native to southern China and Northern Thailand. The plant is best known for its fruit, commonly called luo han guo or luo han kuo (from the Chinese luóhàn guǒ, 羅漢果, 罗汉果, sometimes printed lohoguo in Hong Kong[1]), la han qua (from Vietnamese la hán quả), arhat fruit, Buddha fruit, or monk fruit. Botanical synonyms include Momordica grosvenorii and Thladiantha grosvenorii. The fruit is one of several that have been called longevity fruit.[2] The species was named in honor of Gilbert Grosvenor.
The plant is cultivated for its fruit, used for cooling drinks and in traditional Chinese medicine. The fruit extract is nearly 300 times sweeter than sugar and has been used as a natural low-calorie sweetener in China for nearly a millennium to treat diabetes and obesity[2]

pulled from good olwikipedia
:wtf:
:scared:
Ah a sweetener... LOL

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Hmmmm....A NeedTobuildmuscle rep saying he likes N2BuildMuscle bars the best.....
Quest bars are the best period.
I've had both quest bars. To be honest....they are the CLEANEST bar you can find on the market. They are 15g of PURE FIBER! However...I thought the texture was a little off and that they were a little dry. I liked them best after sticking them in the micro for 10-20 sec.

As for the better bars....I've never tried them, but just ordered my first bag so i'm looking for to them :D

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've never had quest, so I can't comment on them. The only ones I have had are the NTBM better protein bars and some GNC bars (can't remember the brand...Tiger or something like that) and the bars from GNC were flat out nasty. I'm usually not big on protein bars, but the better protein bars were actually very good and I have my 2nd bag of them on the way:yumyum:

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Not a huge fan of the peanutbutter flavored one but the Vanilla Almond Crunch one is awesome IMHO. Everyone I've let try it has bought a box themslves.

I've had both quest bars. To be honest....they are the CLEANEST bar you can find on the market. They are 15g of PURE FIBER! However...I thought the texture was a little off and that they were a little dry. I liked them best after sticking them in the micro for 10-20 sec.
Don't forget it's prebiotic fiber too.

Quest protein bars are my go to bar till something better comes out. I heard they're making new flavors too :)

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've tried a bunch, what I settled on for mass-produced bars are the PureProtein bars made by Worldwide. You can get them on Amazon relatively cheap, and their nutrition is good for a snack (~180-200 calories, 20g protein, low carb/sugar).

For home-made, I do like the Better Protein Bars, though I've only tried the Chocolate Raspberry. I had tried making my own before, but couldn't get the taste or macros quite right. The Better Protein Bars however were easy to make and I didn't have to buy a bunch of different ingredients to make them. The other thing I like is they last a really long time, I'm still working on my first batch!

I'm going to try the Chocolate Banana next, I'll put in some extra PB to get the flavor mixed in good! Lots of things to experiment with, maybe I'll add some coconut too! NOM!

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hmmmm....A NeedTobuildmuscle rep saying he likes N2BuildMuscle bars the best.....

That's not suspect at all.
Damn right I like them the best.. The taste cannot be beat. They're great. Just not carb friendly cause of the honey... But alot of ppl use SF syrups and such in place of the honey.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Quest bars are the best period.
They do have the best profile out there...but they don't taste that great imo, however that isn't a deterrent for me.

Personally I would rather make my own

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Quest Bars overall.

Supreme Protein Peanut Butter pretzel twist for taste.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn right I like them the best.. The taste cannot be beat. They're great. Just not carb friendly cause of the honey... But alot of ppl use SF syrups and such in place of the honey.
Yeh the thing is that there are a bunch of recipes to make these bars fit whatever diet you may be on at the time whether it be high Carb, low Carb, high protein, high Cal or whatever. There is a lot of versatility with them to meet your needs ;)

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeh the thing is that there are a bunch of recipes to make these bars fit whatever diet you may be on at the time whether it be high Carb, low Carb, high protein, high Cal or whatever. There is a lot of versatility with them to meet your needs ;)
I just like the fact that with Better Protein Bars I don't have to run to the supermarket to get ingredients I don't have on the shelf, and I know I won't screw up the recipe and have nasty tasting bars!

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just like the fact that with Better Protein Bars I don't have to run to the supermarket to get ingredients I don't have on the shelf, and I know I won't screw up the recipe and have nasty tasting bars!
Ya just keep honey & PB stocked up and you're G2G :food:

hurricane187

hurricane187

Awards
Quest Bars overall.

Supreme Protein Peanut Butter pretzel twist for taste.
these would be my 2nd choice after better protein bars. i have to throw better protein bars first though due to the better ingredients and freshness..shyt better bars even taste better, now that i think about it

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
these would be my 2nd choice after better protein bars. i have to throw better protein bars first though due to the better ingredients and freshness..shyt better bars even taste better, now that i think about it
Well, Quest's ingredient profile is actually superior IMO, but how do they taste? May pick these up next.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I haven't tried Quest bars so I can't really compare the two, but better protein bars do taste awesome!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Big 100s & Supremes bars were the only ones I liked.