Best Caffeine Supplement

living2die

living2die

Awards
What do you guys think is the best caffeine supplement ?

I don't know about you, but I get a much greater boost from Yellow Swarm pills, which contain approx. 300mg caffeine, as well as Yerba Mate, Green Tea Extract, and Capsium extract.

No Doz pills make me feel a bit under the weather, if I use them for long enough. If you look at the No Doz ingredients, it has a bunch of chemicals that I can't pronounce:
Benzoic Acid, Corn Starch, FD&C Blue 1, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Mineral Oil, Polysorbate 20, Povidone, Propylene Glycol, Simethicone Emulsion, Sorbitan Monolaurate, Stearic Acid, Sucrose, Titanium Dioxide.

Just one more reason why a herbal is better than a pharma company.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Try White Flood for super clean focus and energy, or RPM for some focus and rage.

TheDeadlifter

TheDeadlifter

Awards
  • Established
I take caffeine anhydrous. Less than $4 for a 100-count bottle of 200mg pills. Works well enough for me.

TheDeadlifter

TheDeadlifter

Awards
  • Established
You can use any brand. Caffeine is caffeine. I think the last bottles I bought are 4EverFit. I think you can even get caffeine anhydrous in bulk powder.

living2die

living2die

Awards
Yes, caffeine is caffeine, but the binders and fillers which are included in all caffeine supps that are given in pill form will be differently formulated. I have found that my reaction to the caffeine supps over long term is highly variable based off of the particular type and concentration of the binders and fillers that the caffeine supp is formulated with.

You can use any brand. Caffeine is caffeine. I think the last bottles I bought are 4EverFit. I think you can even get caffeine anhydrous in bulk powder.

noot

noot

Awards
  • Established
Why not just go with some preworkout supplement, something with stimulating effects. I personally always found caffeine pills to result in a pretty strong crash, while if it is a supplement with caffeine being one of the ingredients, no problems.

living2die

living2die

Awards
Yeh, I know what you mean, I kind of get a dirty, unclean feeling from caffeine containing supps like no doz, jet alert, etc.

But when I take the same compound, caffeine anhydrous, in a herbal supplement that also contains other herbs that I have previously mentioned, I feel that the energy I get is much cleaner, and results in a much lessor crash. This is strange considering mg for mg, I am taking equivalent caffeine doses.

Are you sure that the mg's of caffeine you are ingesting is the same between the caffeine supp, and the caffeine pills i.e. no doz, jet alert ?

Why not just go with some preworkout supplement, something with stimulating effects. I personally always found caffeine pills to result in a pretty strong crash, while if it is a supplement with caffeine being one of the ingredients, no problems.

TheDeadlifter

TheDeadlifter

Awards
  • Established
The problem with most preworkout supplements and most energy drinks containing caffeine is the there is some 'proprietary blend' of energy enhancers (or whatever they want to call them). Because of the word 'proprietary', we don't know how much caffeine is really in these supplements. So, to compare many of these supplements based on caffeine content is nearly impossible. I prefer the pills because I know I'm getting 200mg every time. I have never taken NoDoz or Jet Alert (never heard of that one before) so I cannot speak for the caffeine dosage or the effectiveness of those products. The best caffeine-containing preworkout supps I've ever taken have been Universal Shock Therapy and Animal Pump. I do not take either of those anymore, though, because I've found my own homemade pretraining combo to be cheaper and work just as well.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
geranium has a very synergistic effect with caffeine if u ever wana spice it up, nutra has those bulk caps.

ive been trying to stay away from caffeine lately cuz i built up a huge tolerance by relying on it every day. but, like poison said, white flood is awesome pre workout it gets me very alert and ready to lift.

as far as caffeine solo ive used "stay awake" a few times and never really got a crash from those but i think that might be individual based.

living2die

living2die

Awards
Yeh that's what I am going to do. It's going to consist of caffeine anhydrous, greet tea extract (leaves), guarana (seeds), capsicum annuum (fruit) , yerba mate (leaves), kola nut extract (seeds), and ginseng (root).

You can cap your own stack.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Nice stack! Try sulbutiamine - it might work for you might not. Worth it if it does.

living2die

living2die

Awards
Have any of you tried deprenyl (selegiline) ? I was frankly a bit let down by this stuff. I was taking it orally. But I am going to mix it into my homebrew TD formula, to see if it has greater effect TD. Most of it gets broken down orally into a bunch of amphetamine metabolites, but when taken TD, the selegiline is more resistant to breakdown.

suresha

Awards
  • Established
Those yellow swarms aint no joke. I love them things. But you gotta give AI's Motivate a shot but you gotta take 4 or at least i do. And it should do it. But back to those yellow swarms dem joints is bangin.

living2die

living2die

Awards
The old pre-ephedra ban Yellow Swarm/Jacket was even more BOSS. I still see the old formula being sold on the net, but it's all past its expiration date! They are way overpriced as well.

The new yellow jacket/swarm formula without ephedra is not as effective, but not really addicting either which is a plus.

Those yellow swarms aint no joke. I love them things. But you gotta give AI's Motivate a shot but you gotta take 4 or at least i do. And it should do it. But back to those yellow swarms dem joints is bangin.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bumping this from the past -

I've been using bulk SNS caffeine stacked with their 1,3. I notice I need about 600mgs of the caffeine and 50mg 1;3 for me to really feel any energy. I haven't use any other bulk caffiene b/c I bought 2 500 count bottles, lol I used to use stackers which had 200mg caffeine in each cap and I only needed 2 caps. I know they also had other goodies too. So my question is this brand a caffeine maybe a tad weaker or have I really built up that much of a tolerance?

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I know lol I think I have a problem... I take 600 pre workout and 400 halfway thru my shift.
I admit I would probably not consume more than 200mg a day. However, I know many individuals that do take up to 600mg. I personally could not handle such a dose and recommend that anyone who does take 600mg to do so carefully.

Staked, you are a freak. haha! :laugh2:

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
I noticed the SNS caffeine seemed a bit weak to me as well. I don't feel 1 cap at all but I was afraid to go to 2 tabs. Cheap as hell tho so can't rly complain.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I noticed the SNS caffeine seemed a bit weak to me as well. I don't feel 1 cap at all but I was afraid to go to 2 tabs. Cheap as hell tho so can't rly complain.
What's the most you've taken at one time?

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
What's the most you've taken at one time?
just 1 tab. now that u said u have gone higher i dont feel like im gonna die tho. i was like dang... when i first got it i was thinking what if my tolerance is just this high even tho i dont consume that much caffeine. but i tried a reduction am sample yesterday, which has 200mg caffeine and i felt it and tried a 200mg SNS tab today and didnt feel anything :-/

Orangatang

Orangatang

Awards
  • Established
My personal favorite is just generic 200mg caffeine tabs. I usually take 1 and a half with 12.5 ephedrine hcl.

sking6464

sking6464

Awards
  • Established
My personal favorite is just generic 200mg caffeine tabs. I usually take 1 and a half with 12.5 ephedrine hcl.
this^ caff is $5 and will last a long time, most prewo are that and a bunch of under dosed stuff

WorkingClass

WorkingClass

Awards
Little late on the draw here but... I use a caffeine anhydrous powder. 400 mg per 1/8 teaspoon. 10 bucks for a thousand grams. Good shmitt!

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Little late on the draw here but... I use a caffeine anhydrous powder. 400 mg per 1/8 teaspoon. 10 bucks for a thousand grams. Good shmitt!
Let me guess you were busy at work :p lol thanks for the response!! Makes me feel better about my use of bulk caffeine

WorkingClass

WorkingClass

Awards
Let me guess you were busy at work :p lol thanks for the response!! Makes me feel better about my use of bulk caffeine
Ya something like that bro lol. Sh!t if i don't take time off here and there I work up to 1200 mgs and feeling like it doesn't do a thing for me! take more than you can handle though and it SUCKS! Accidentally went up to around 1600 once being stupid and not reading the label right on this sample supp I got. Was already on about 1200 and this stuff had another 350. NOT a good day lol.:toilet:

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
Ya something like that bro lol. Sh!t if i don't take time off here and there I work up to 1200 mgs and feeling like it doesn't do a thing for me! take more than you can handle though and it SUCKS! Accidentally went up to around 1600 once being stupid and not reading the label right on this sample supp I got. Was already on about 1200 and this stuff had another 350. NOT a good day lol.:toilet:
wtfffff, can u plz tell me how that much caffeine feels like in your body? do u just shake violently? or puke/buttp1ss?

WorkingClass

WorkingClass

Awards
You build up a tolerance than its just like some badass energy for a LONG time without the bad comedown from edrinks. Overdose feels f*cking AMAZING for the first 1-2 hrs like your in the clouds, but like you can lift anything. Then you slowly feel weaker and weaker, mild stomach ache followed by some nausea. Then severe weakness to the point of being exhausted just getting up and horrible nausea, but you can't puke for the life of you. That lasts for about 24 hrs with slowly diminishing effects throughout. Takes about 36 hrs to recover it seems like. Weakness finally goes away after day 2. 400 seems to be a good amount for a healthy 160-200 pounder without any negs and a sh!tload of energy. No shakes(for me atleast), Its just like you're having a real good day with a lot of energy. 1200 is supposed to be "overdose levels", but that depends a lot on your size, tolerance etc. Answer your question? Oh, and yes, the ass piss will come no matter how much you take if you haven't eaten enough lol.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
sounds like when i take a good dose of 1,3dmaa! i literally want to kill babies and flip cars

i bet u get rly bad headaches if u stop taking caffeine for a day or two?

WorkingClass

WorkingClass

Awards
JUST like that. Its nuts. You don't realize how powerful it is until you take it pure without all the nasty cornsyrup and sh!t. I make a point of going off and on constantly and/or switching to coffee or green tea extract just for that reason. Though if I have a cup of coffee, i get a mild headache sometimes. My guess is its my body saying MORE!!! So i'll finish off the pot sometimes lol.