L-Taurine Info

SrT4u2Nv

SrT4u2Nv

Awards
I've researched and goggled, wiki'd and everything else L taurine but have the nothing to do with the affect it has on me. I've been taking about 1000mg daily for a few years now. So I've never really felt what it feels like to not be on it till recently. I tore my meniscus a few months ago and recently had it repaired. During the three week period of recoup, I had not taken anything but my daily vitamin. Once I was up an able to walk and exercise again I sorta forgot to take it. I added back all my preworkout drinks, more protein shakes, etc but not the l-taurine. Now my knee has been bothering me and I do not seem to be nearly as flexible. So about a week later I started taking it again and suddenly my knee no longer bothers me and my flexibility is almost back to normal. So I decide to try a few days on and a few days off to notice a difference and I did. So how to does contribute to my joints, ligaments or loose of pain? Its been about six months since surgery and I am back to normal but if i skip my L-taurine for a day I notice it a lot.

Fun Fast Facts about it: http://www.thewayup.com/products/0256.cfm

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My $0.02: It's placebo. 1000mg is just one gram. I don't think one gram of taurine (assuming a protein-rich diet) is going to make a difference in any measurable way. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of taurine... but it takes 5-10 grams to have an apparent effect on cell volumizing, blood pressure, back cramps, etc. And as you noted, even in higher doses, taurine isn't really known for having a direct effect on joint discomfort.

But hey, even if it is placebo... it still "works," so keep taking it. The mind is a powerful thing.

narraboth

Awards
  • Established
if your life is kind of normal then you might not feel taurine, like you won't feel much about multiple vits... just take it as a vitamine.

If you work/study/clubbing hard all night long, or you are having a bad post-e (not estrogen here)... taurine can make you feel much better. I think it works on your brain more than your muscle. but still, you need a healthy brain!